What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

giboz71

First Grade
Hunt is a very good Number 7. How many halfbacks are better? DCE? Reynolds, Cleary? Pearce? I can make a case for Hunt being better than any of those guys.

And with Corey Norman as his halves partner, as a combination its a tremendous halves pairing. Norman has been one of the better 5/8's in the comp.

It's a position of strength for us, but our clueless coaching staff have no idea how to exploit it.

Norman should be given the role of running the team. That is what he does best and then his game can go to another level.

And who was running the team? Was hunt and Norman rested? Nichols did everything not well but tried hard Norman went mia.... when he needed to stand up
Then again everyone is mia haven’t seen a coach at Saint George since Bennett left ...

j0nesy

Bench
Hunt is not the issue, he’s an excellent player and would be leading the 3-2-1 tally this year. We have far bigger issues than Hunt. For a start we have the worst coach in the comp who deigned it wise to “rest” him after playing him the week before off the back of a 3 day turn around. Plenty of other issues, but our halves are not amongst them.

BLM01

First Grade
Broncos fans are burning right now. The wheels have fallen off. Despite all their money and power they still suck. Seibold was a mistake.
I disagree with your Seibold stuff at this stage. I thought he improved Souths 2 fold in 2018.
The wheel was wobbly in Wayne's last couple of years but that is a fact the media dont mention or conveniently forget because Seibold gets prickly wih them and they love baiting him.

Crush

Coach
I disagree with your Seibold stuff at this stage. I thought he improved Souths 2 fold in 2018.
The wheel was wobbly in Wayne's last couple of years but that is a fact the media dont mention or conveniently forget because Seibold gets prickly wih them and they love baiting him.
They brought in Seibold because they thought he could take them up a level. In fact, he probably took them back a level.

TruSaint

Referee

Im amazed at how highly this guy is rated.

For someone who has coached a total of 1 year ( at Souths), before the fiasco of the Bennett swap, what has he achieved? During the whole process he acted like a spoilt brat.

Yes a decent 2018, with a very good squad.

He "may" come good, but it's as if he is in the elite category already. He is not.
He f**ked up in 2019... period..

BLM01

First Grade
They brought in Seibold because they thought he could take them up a level. In fact, he probably took them back a level.

This year maybe....As i said not yet...give him another year or 2 then judge
He inherited a mixture of an ageing squad and lot of good young ones with limited experience...with little in between....I predict under Siebold they will be better next year and right up there in 2-3 years
Remember as bad as they were they finished 8th and around a level which mimics the Dragons better years.

TruSaint

Referee
This year maybe....As i said not yet...give him another year or 2 then judge
He inherited a mixture of an ageing squad and lot of good young ones with limited experience...with little in between....I predict under Siebold they will be better next year and right up there in 2-3 years
Remember as bad as they were they finished 8th and around a level which mimics the Dragons better years.

I will judge him after a few seasons, but he inherited a good roster, many calling a top 4.

He made the changes and let go of players.

They made the 8 by the skin of their arse. The only side in the finals playing with a minus differential.

This is the biggest Club in the NRL, with resources others can only dream of. Lets see if he is as good as he thinks he is. Cause he does talk himself up.

BLM01

First Grade
I will judge him after a few seasons, but he inherited a good roster, many calling a top 4.

He made the changes and let go of players.

They made the 8 by the skin of their arse. The only side in the finals playing with a minus differential.

This is the biggest Club in the NRL, with resources others can only dream of. Lets see if he is as good as he thinks he is. Cause he does talk himself up.

Yeh the media hype about the roster was all about the young blokes coming through of Pangai Jnr, Haas and Fifita....and he was set up to fail because the media was upset and made out he white anted Bennett and lied to them about leaving Souths which upset them more so they stated he had a roster to win the comp applying the blow torch and pressure and when he lost early games they bathed in his losses...every step was front page news. They did not have a Top 4 roster...Top 8 Yes and should of gone better I admit..but
Dragons and Penrith were also called a Top 4 roster by some in the media which clearly they were not
Broncos are a powerful club..we will see how long it takes..if Seibold cant do it..they will find someone who can but they needed a change from Wayne and the fact is the Broncos recognsed that.

TruSaint

Referee
Yeh the media hype about the roster was all about the young blokes coming through of Pangai Jnr, Haas and Fifita....and he was set up to fail because the media was upset and made out he white anted Bennett and lied to them about leaving Souths which upset them more so they stated he had a roster to win the comp applying the blow torch and pressure and when he lost early games they bathed in his losses...every step was front page news. They did not have a Top 4 roster...Top 8 Yes and should of gone better I admit..but
Dragons and Penrith were also called a Top 4 roster by some in the media which clearly they were not
Broncos are a powerful club..we will see how long it takes..if Seibold cant do it..they will find someone who can but they needed a change from Wayne and the fact is the Broncos recognsed that.

We were never a top 8 let alone a top 4 side brother. Prior to season kick off, I said we would finish 12th.
Combination of squad / depth / and coach.

I do agree that if Seibold cant do it, then he will be replaced with someone who can.

Old Timer

Coach
We were never a top 8 let alone a top 4 side brother. Prior to season kick off, I said we would finish 12th.
Combination of squad / depth / and coach.

I do agree that if Seibold cant do it, then he will be replaced with someone who can.
The entire Bennett / Semibold thing was a complete f**k up from the get go.
After all that shite hitting the fan, for a young coach to actually do as well as he did is pretty commendable as he had so much against him to begin with.
He had the ghosts of players past and the "Bennett Legacy" to contend with and gets them to 8th and we had the JDB issue and finished 15th.
I know who handled things better than half the teams in the comp and much better than coaches with much more experience handled their controversies.
Siebold can coach and will get the Broncos to top 4 by 2021 if not next year.

TruSaint

Referee
The entire Bennett / Semibold thing was a complete f**k up from the get go.
After all that shite hitting the fan, for a young coach to actually do as well as he did is pretty commendable as he had so much against him to begin with.
He had the ghosts of players past and the "Bennett Legacy" to contend with and gets them to 8th and we had the JDB issue and finished 15th.
I know who handled things better than half the teams in the comp and much better than coaches with much more experience handled their controversies.
Siebold can coach and will get the Broncos to top 4 by 2021 if not next year.

I didn't compare Seibold to Mary mate. That would be daft.
As to Seibold succeeding as a 1st grade coach, I will wait and see. Like I said, he has the benefit of coaching the most prominent and resourced club in the country. I dont get the "he can coach" sentiment, when he is only 2 years into his career. One with a fine Souths squad and one with the Broncos. He wont get BNE into the top 4 next year imho.