What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Highly original. I haven’t looked at any of your posts except the ones where you follow me around.

You on the other hand trawl through mine like a prawn fisherman. :joy::joy::joy:

taipan

Referee
It must be damn frustrating for Bandana Boy.Apart from ageing quickly, Storm still exists in a healthy condition in Melbourne,Wallabies have been overtaken by the Matildas, and others ,ARU war chest resembles a charity bin of cast offs, rugby league now growing a heathy international competition albeit small,Folau really getting under his jimmies and taking all the news away from the RWC,Super Rugby becoming much less than Super more Blooper, Perth want a rugby league team,SOO sells out in Perth, and rugby union is not the no2 winter code in this country, as he and his compatriots predicted circa 2003.

Oh and those big bad new rectangular stadiums are being built in Sydney, despite big Red stating his 3 zillion protest signatures would ensure it didn't happen.

Perhaps not living in the real world(ie the Tv industry) ,has a lot to do with it.

Not league but....
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/1e428af2707c305b4f5dfb20ed8a92aa

Ex-Wallaby and Nine columnist Peter FitzSimons says Alan Jones “bully-boy attacks” on Adam Goodes should see him depart the SCG Trust.

Jones was one of the prominent media figures to argue fans booed Goodes because of his actions on the field. “They (the booing crowds) just don’t like the fellow,” he told Channel 7 at the height of the controversy.

“Someone’s got to ask the question: why are they booing Adam Goodes and not the other 70 indigenous AFL players. Adam Goodes can fix this by changing his behaviour. He again today plays the victim.”
Fitzsimons hit out at his rival in his weekly newspaper column after Jones featured in the Goodes documentary The Final Chapter aired on Channel 10 on Thursday night.

“Where the hell was the SCG Trust on this? How could the Trust have as one of its stated values: ‘We embrace diversity, value differences and respect our communities’ and have its most influential member, Alan Jones, lead the bully-boy attacks on Adam Goodes, its most prestigious ambassador?” Fitzsimons wrote.

“As you all saw on Thursday night, there was Jones encouraging the mob … There are so many disgraces in the whole dreadful affair, but that one was right up there. Bravo to you, Swans chairman Richard Colless for calling Jones out on it at the time. But Jones’ continued presence on the SCG Trust corrupts its integrity.”

It’s not the first time Fitzsimons has called for Jones — who is one of 14 trustees — to go. He also said he should step down during the saga surrounding the decision to replace the Sydney Football Stadium last year.

35d62e051acc6e9111b73dc630d95148

Peter FitzSimons and Alan Jones in 2007.Source:News Limited

AFL personality Sam Newman has also found himself in the firing line after also featuring in the film.

Newman insists the storm that surrounded Goodes initially came about because of his actions on the field and not his skin colour before activists “hijacked” the issue.

“I didn’t think it started off being race-related and that’s what I commented on. If it’s gone to the next level it’s been hijacked by the activists,” Newman told 2GB on Thursday.

“It’s OK to have a narrative and discussion, but if people go on and on about how (and this is not about Aboriginals) they’ve been maligned or disadvantaged, at some stage we have got to get over it, move on and try and unite and unify ourselves, we are all Australians.”

HashtagStadiumSplurge? Don’t get me started. I did promise to put a sock in it, given that the NSW government did indeed win the election despite the sheer absurdity of its stadium policy. Might I, however, be permitted to raise at least one wry eyebrow at the news that Lendlease, the presumed contractor to rebuild it, went mad and the government had to shoot it?

Why, you ask, did we all presume Lendlease were the contractors? Because, right when the issue was white-hot, in December 2018, the then sports minister Stuart Ayers made it clear: “There’s one contract that’s been awarded to Lendlease . . . I can’t separate this contract into two stages to reflect the planning process. We have two stages of construction. One contract.”

All fairly simple and transparent. ’Cept it wasn’t. Now the position is that the “one contract” had a dismissal clause if the government wasn’t satisfied with Lendlease which, now the demolition part is completed, it has activated.

On budget? Please. To receive the approval above, the minister has to be satisfied that the new stadium meets the criteria of “Design Excellence” and be an absolutely first-rate job. So the new contractor, from a standing start, must get up to speed on the whole project, find a profit in the $729 million budget – less demolition costs – that Lendlease could not, and put in a hard bid to win the contract, even before it knows what conditions for construction the Department of Planning will impose . . . and get the whole thing built by 2022, at least before the NRL Grand Final in October? I call bulls--t. As I’ve ranted a little unpleasantly for some time, even on the $729 million pricetag, the numbers never remotely stacked up as justification to knock down a modern stadium. Not even the government could make the case that it would get more than 95 cents back for every dollar put in. On a cost and time blow-out, the numbers will be even more ludicrous.

And so I’ll stop now – at least for as long as I can restrain myself. Just wanted to say, I told yers so!
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...umsplurge-i-told-yers-so-20190802-p52dfb.html

TheFrog

Coach
He was always against the stadium being demolished and rebuilt. Hardly surprising he should remind us of the fact now that the project is in strife.

taipan

Referee
Bandana Boy still trying to justify his existence on this planet.No clicks from me.
He failed to stop the SFS being demolished, so he is using another tack.

Only a week or so ago ,he had a shot at the Manly crowd of 14,000 odd.Stating Manly v Eels got 27,000 at Brookvale many years ago, does this mean the NRL is satisfied with mediocrity now.

Any occasion to have a shot directly or indirectly at rugby league, he's like a hyena drawn to blood.

FitzSimons suggested the investigation — which claimed hundreds and possibly thousands of racehorses were being sent to slaughter every year — was so troubling V’landys should reconsider his plan to take over as Australian Rugby League Commission chairman.

“I mean this as a serious point,” FitzSimons tweeted. “If I was involved with either racing or the NRL, I would not be happy with V’landys having the dual roles of running Racing NSW and the NRL. He will, and should, have his hands completely full sorting out the atrocities of racing.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/16b734207ef1c90f2ca34ac966c26f9e

taipan

Referee
FitzSimons suggested the investigation — which claimed hundreds and possibly thousands of racehorses were being sent to slaughter every year — was so troubling V’landys should reconsider his plan to take over as Australian Rugby League Commission chairman.

“I mean this as a serious point,” FitzSimons tweeted. “If I was involved with either racing or the NRL, I would not be happy with V’landys having the dual roles of running Racing NSW and the NRL. He will, and should, have his hands completely full sorting out the atrocities of racing.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/16b734207ef1c90f2ca34ac966c26f9e

And if V'Landys had been on the ARU board, it would be quite Ok to handle both jobs.
Chairman of the NRL is not a hands on job, he has a board around him, plus the CEO and the underlings to do the dirty work.
If V'Landys can't handle both, the board and public will soon know.

FitzSimons hates rugby league so much, at every opportunity tries to sink in the knife, he does so with gusto.
If anyone needs to reconsider their position ,it is (Bandana Boy)as a sporting commentator on ch9.If you detest a sport so much, you are hardly going to present a public balanced commentary.And he has shown this time and time again.

I find some journos act like loons at times ,but in this guy's case I detest his vitriolic presence.He even has a nasty look about him.No wonder Ian Chappell has zero time for him.

And by no means do I support and am appalled with the horse/abattoir situation.The idiots involved should be sacked immediately.

And if V'Landys had been on the ARU board, it would be quite Ok to handle both jobs.
Chairman of the NRL is not a hands on job, he has a board around him, plus the CEO and the underlings to do the dirty work.
If V'Landys can't handle both, the board and public will soon know.

FitzSimons hates rugby league so much, at every opportunity tries to sink in the knife, he does so with gusto.
If anyone needs to reconsider their position ,it is (Bandana Boy)as a sporting commentator on ch9.If you detest a sport so much, you are hardly going to present a public balanced commentary.And he has shown this time and time again.

I find some journos act like loons at times ,but in this guy's case I detest his vitriolic presence.He even has a nasty look about him.No wonder Ian Chappell has zero time for him.

And by no means do I support and am appalled with the horse/abattoir situation.The idiots involved should be sacked immediately.
I think the NRL can also be blamed for the Syrian conflict and global warming according to Fitzdropkick

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have no time for Fitzsimons.

But I do agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near the ARLC, at least until this horse racing saga is sorted out.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Surely he has come out with something after the tonga loss?

Even though it was awesome for the international scene