What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
So anyone can help me. I am looking at buying a unit. Most likely older and unsure about the new ones.
What should do prior? Do you go and get a building report? I am not sure the process. Pm if can help out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The great thing about old buildings is that their faults are usually pretty obvious. If they had serious structural flaws they probably wouldn't be old.

Bandwagon

Staff member
70's / 80's orange brick, small block, so 8 - 12 units, repairs won't be extreme if required ( baring concrete cancer which should be pretty visible ) and the body corporate will be small and easier to deal with.

hindy111

Post Whore
70's / 80's orange brick, small block, so 8 - 12 units, repairs won't be extreme if required ( baring concrete cancer which should be pretty visible ) and the body corporate will be small and easier to deal with.

One I didn't mind was block of 6 and 2 people own the lot.

Bandwagon

Staff member
One I didn't mind was block of 6 and 2 people own the lot.

If they're tight with each other and retaining the other units you'll have no say regards the body corporate, if they are divesting to a bunch of randoms no problem.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Anyways I'd get legal advice to the point that you understand everything you're in for, not just a discount conveyancer, forewarned is forearmed.

hindy111

Post Whore
If they're tight with each other and retaining the other units you'll have no say regards the body corporate, if they are divesting to a bunch of randoms no problem.

Thanks. I'd be more worried if they needed major work and this is reason they are offloading. I guess get a building report done is most important.

I'd advise against it, hindy.

Don't believe the hype - Sydney house prices have not rebounded, they're still going down. This is especially true for units.

All the gains are in the upper quartile - Vaucluse, Rose Bay etc., making the average look upwards. Listings in the bottom three quartiles are down, and auction clearance rates don't indicate activity there because most auctions are for high priced dwellings.

Don't look at ABS stats. They come from Core Logic, who lost the underlying data sets to REA earlier in the year. f**king everything comes from Core Logic and they're now shit when it comes to real estate data. Check REA data and maybe wait until early next year to see if the high-end increase starts trickling down to medium prices housing.

Gronk

Staff member
So anyone can help me. I am looking at buying a unit. Most likely older and unsure about the new ones.
What should do prior? Do you go and get a building report? I am not sure the process. Pm if can help out.
PM me.

84 Baby

Referee
I'd advise against it, hindy.

Don't believe the hype - Sydney house prices have not rebounded, they're still going down. This is especially true for units.

All the gains are in the upper quartile - Vaucluse, Rose Bay etc., making the average look upwards. Listings in the bottom three quartiles are down, and auction clearance rates don't indicate activity there because most auctions are for high priced dwellings.

Don't look at ABS stats. They come from Core Logic, who lost the underlying data sets to REA earlier in the year. f**king everything comes from Core Logic and they're now shit when it comes to real estate data. Check REA data and maybe wait until early next year to see if the high-end increase starts trickling down to medium prices housing.
Why does it matter if they’ve rebounded? I assume he’s looking to live in it. So he’ll want a place he actually wants to live in. Take the minor pre-bottoming hit to secure that place, rather than gamble on getting it slightly cheaper at the risk of then having to buy a less desirable place. Live in it for a number of years and that overpayment on way in isn’t as noticeable. Although I’d only be doing that nearer to Sydney or high level coastal suburbs. Anywhere else, particularly Western Sydney, I’d be looking for significant discounts still

Gronk

Staff member
Do you guys think that the yellow tape supports her weight at any time ?

In theory it should be just like an inertia seat belt.

Last edited:

Latest posts