What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL sent video of alleged Nelson Asofa-Solomona in Bali brawl

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who gives a f**k what the NRL say...

The Kiwis should pick and play him..

The NRL can enforce the ban during the NRL season.

completely agree, this is a farce, the damage done to our brand cannot be measured

being suspended from playing games outside the NRL, by the NRL, and yet being available for all NRL games next season is a f**king joke

Cant help but wonder what sort of punishment he would have got if he played for any other team

gordynz

Juniors
I'm guessing all of the guys that are giving Nelson grief over his actions have never been in that sort of situation before? Imagine one of your good friends getting king hit and then again threatened with a weapon, right in front of you... You may want to protect yourself and not cause yourself any harm, and that's fine, remove yourself from the situation; but when you're a 2m tall, 120kg footy player I think hes got the tools to protect himself and others which in my opinion makes him a hero. This guy had a broken glass, which isnt far off being a knife ffs... Nelson did the right thing and I applaud him for it, huge respect.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I know right, never put myself in that situation. Shame on me. Need to go to more really shyte places to man up.

betcats

Referee
From what I gather all the Storm players left and were then followed and then attacked again

are you aware that after leaving peacefully NAS was the surrounded by the mob, some wielding broken bottles.

I suggest you walk-in someone else’s shoes before still in judgement

Where are all his storm mates protecting him from the mob wielding broken bottles? I didn't even see anyone throw a punch at him in that video and I cant see any other Storm mates in the video but if they were there why did they allow big Nelson to be surrounded? And if the teammates were there why did this mob only target Nelson out the front?.

Blokes like Anasta are beating this up massively lol a mob with bottles surrounded him did they.

As for your little outtake about not judging him. what are you on? I offered the opinion that throwing that many punches doesn't look much like self defence.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I suspect, given the NRL's decision to punish him, the bottle thing is overblown. I very much doubt if someone was attacking him with a bottle that the NRL would have considered it unreasonable to protect himself.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I suspect, given the NRL's decision to punish him, the bottle thing is overblown. I very much doubt if someone was attacking him with a bottle that the NRL would have considered it unreasonable to protect himself.

Not if he was an Australian Test player.

But he's a Kiwi, therefore expendable. Oh and not on Storm duty.

So satisfactory for the NRL that he can cop a three-game ban and wrap it up in a nice little package that he'll be back for round 1.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not if he was an Australian Test player.

But he's a Kiwi, therefore expendable. Oh and not on Storm duty.

So satisfactory for the NRL that he can cop a three-game ban and wrap it up in a nice little package that he'll be back for round 1.

doesn’t explain why he would accept the punishment if it was generally self defence in the moment.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
doesn’t explain why he would accept the punishment if it was generally self defence in the moment.

Why would he challenge it? I'll give you the tip, he wouldn't, because his main employer are completely sweet with it. It gives his body a rest, he misses no Storm matches, it's perfect for them. That's where his advice would come from. If he challenges, he risks missing round one does he not?

Accepting a punishment and accepting guilt are not the same.

no name

Coach
Why would he challenge it? I'll give you the tip, he wouldn't, because his main employer are completely sweet with it. It gives his body a rest, he misses no Storm matches, it's perfect for them. That's where his advice would come from. If he challenges, he risks missing round one does he not?

Accepting a punishment and accepting guilt are not the same.
Exactly, even Melbourne’s response through the media that they weren’t happy would have been calculated.

The punishment was win/win for the Storm and NRL.

NZRL and international rugby league the losers out of it.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm guessing all of the guys that are giving Nelson grief over his actions have never been in that sort of situation before? Imagine one of your good friends getting king hit and then again threatened with a weapon, right in front of you... You may want to protect yourself and not cause yourself any harm, and that's fine, remove yourself from the situation; but when you're a 2m tall, 120kg footy player I think hes got the tools to protect himself and others which in my opinion makes him a hero. This guy had a broken glass, which isnt far off being a knife ffs... Nelson did the right thing and I applaud him for it, huge respect.

Yes I have, the first response is to stay where you are & call for police & medical treatment to attend for your injured mate.
You don't go outside and follow the blokes who assaulted him (which the only purpose was to escalate the situation). You stay indoors and await medical treatment/police to arrive.

You just keep beating your chest though.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yes I have, the first response is to stay where you are & call for police & medical treatment to attend for your injured mate.
You don't go outside and follow the blokes who assaulted him (which the only purpose was to escalate the situation). You stay indoors and await medical treatment/police to arrive.

This is exactly correct. The media smother of this and the fanboys leaping to make NAS some sort of noble defender is disgusting.

Vunivalu was hit upstairs, inside, much earlier (NAS own words). And OF COURSE he was KING HIT/COWARDS punched. Of course he was. Despite the fact (by NAS own social media) they had been sculling vodka all day and drinking all night, they were just quietly being choir boys when some nuffy decides to king hit the second biggest guy in the room.

And then, much later and in a completely different place NAS "defends" Vunivalu.

We are supposed to believe that at the end of an ALL DAY drinking binge, these guys are being angels and in fact are honourably defending themselves, each other, free society and our way of life.

They were pissed bogans behaving very badly, end of story. The penalty is ridiculously light and typical of Greenburgs gutless inconsistency.

The way NAS was throwing them, he is INCREDIBLY lucky that he didnt break that guy or kill him.

People here and the media turning NAS into some kind of noble defender are delusional or worse.

betcats

Referee

Exactly, my experience from being in and seeing similar situations tells me going out the front leads to another fight most of the time.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This is exactly correct. The media smother of this and the fanboys leaping to make NAS some sort of noble defender is disgusting.

Vunivalu was hit upstairs, inside, much earlier (NAS own words). And OF COURSE he was KING HIT/COWARDS punched. Of course he was. Despite the fact (by NAS own social media) they had been sculling vodka all day and drinking all night, they were just quietly being choir boys when some nuffy decides to king hit the second biggest guy in the room.

And then, much later and in a completely different place NAS "defends" Vunivalu.

We are supposed to believe that at the end of an ALL DAY drinking binge, these guys are being angels and in fact are honourably defending themselves, each other, free society and our way of life.

They were pissed bogans behaving very badly, end of story. The penalty is ridiculously light and typical of Greenburgs gutless inconsistency.

The way NAS was throwing them, he is INCREDIBLY lucky that he didnt break that guy or kill him.

People here and the media turning NAS into some kind of noble defender are delusional or worse.

Hey sounds like you were there mate, did you get any video?

gordynz

Juniors

They were taken outside mate. He didnt go chasing him until he had a glass thrown at him which couldve done serious damage. Dont blame him for defending himself at all.

You guys wouldn't have a f**kin clue how much these guys get targeted. Yes they should be smarter about how they react being in the public spotlight but the majority of people would react a similar way if their mate is attacked like he was.

betcats

Referee
They were taken outside mate. He didnt go chasing him until he had a glass thrown at him which couldve done serious damage. Dont blame him for defending himself at all.

You guys wouldn't have a f**kin clue how much these guys get targeted. Yes they should be smarter about how they react being in the public spotlight but the majority of people would react a similar way if their mate is attacked like he was.

Bullshit.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...awl-but-nrl-were-unmoved-20191019-p532b8.html

They didn’t leave until at least 5 minutes later and not one storm player mentions NAS being threatened with a bottle to the integrity unit you blokes are full of shit.

From what I can find and from that article the only bloke who mentions a bottle was the club owner who wasn’t even out the front.

_Johnsy

Referee

No need to be dishonest to try and validate a ridiculous stance. NAS didn’t have a glass thrown at him, nor where they removed from the premises. You’re blatant distortion of the truth is as predictable as it is pathetic.

I know exactly how much they’re targeted, I’ve been out on the turps with a great mate of mine, who played more than 100 nrl games & played origin. Keep trying though, your persistence is admirable.

Latest posts