What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Sam Burgess court cases, breach notices

Springs09

Juniors
An AVO because he had an argument? SMFH No report of violence nor the threat of violence.

I'm no Sam Burgess fan but this is nobodies business except those involved. Shame on the media.

Oh but its so scandalous and interesting! A kinda well known footy player has split from his wife! But Phoebe was still wearing the wedding ring! Sunday Telegraph reported it!

no name

Coach
An AVO because he had an argument? SMFH No report of violence nor the threat of violence.

I'm no Sam Burgess fan but this is nobodies business except those involved. Shame on the media.

How wonderful it is to be a male these days.
Far too many females just want kids with a pay packet from the 'sperm donor'.
You were going so well until the last paragraph.

Legion

Juniors
You were going so well until the last paragraph.
Yeah I know [#hangs head#] Call me jaded from experience.

It's a sad indictment of too many girls whose aim in life is to be a single mother.
I've heard more than a few over the years say "No man is going to tell me how to raise my kids."

I've also known more than a few blokes whose missus walked out after falling pregnant or having a kid. All had to go to court for the right to see their child.
One would think that a bloke would have his wits about him after seeing mates go through this, but no, I also learnt the hard way.
At least going through Family Court taught me once & for all that a vasectomy was the only way that a fella can protect himself these days. Not going through that nightmare again.

And let's be honest, how many players would have hot girlfriends/wives if they weren't on big money?

Peter Quinn

Juniors

It's a sad indictment of too many girls whose aim in life is to be a single mother.
I've heard more than a few over the years say "No man is going to tell me how to raise my kids."

I've also known more than a few blokes whose missus walked out after falling pregnant or having a kid. All had to go to court for the right to see their child.
One would think that a bloke would have his wits about him after seeing mates go through this, but no, I also learnt the hard way.
At least going through Family Court taught me once & for all that a vasectomy was the only way that a fella can protect himself these days. Not going through that nightmare again.

And let's be honest, how many players would have hot girlfriends/wives if they weren't on big money?

If this is what the world is coming to, no wonder twinkies day was voted in.

Tiger5150

Bench
Remember back in the early days how this family were feted? I remember it was (I think) Robbie Farahs 250th game vs Souffs, the Tigers organised something after the game to commemorate and channel 9 dragged Mrs Burgess onto the field to kiss her grubby boys. On Farahs 250th game Ch 9 interviewed her and not Farah.

Sam is a great player but have any of this lot been a net benefit to the NRL?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Remember back in the early days how this family were feted? I remember it was (I think) Robbie Farahs 250th game vs Souffs, the Tigers organised something after the game to commemorate and channel 9 dragged Mrs Burgess onto the field to kiss her grubby boys. On Farahs 250th game Ch 9 interviewed her and not Farah.

Well that depends on whether one believes the best forward in the world playing in the nrl is an asset to the game or not. And his brother George in 2013,2014,2015 was the hardest player to tackle and the most punishing tackler in the game. Tom Burgess is looked at as a very strong international front rower and Luke was a tough customer who never took a backward step. Great defender as well. The Farah 250th was also Sutton's 300 as well wasn't it. We all know Souths news is big news in the game. Not saying Farah's wasn't. I think you will find Souths rewarded Farah for his time at Souths and his 250th

Tiger5150

Bench
Well that depends on whether one believes the best forward in the world playing in the nrl is an asset to the game or not.

No it doesnt. It depends on whether one believes that the best forward in the world playing in the NRL is offset by the squirrel gripping, hair pulling, cheap head shots (Moylan), sexting dick pics to women other than your wife, behavior in front of your own children worthy of an AVO. IMO no.

Sam is a great player, the highest praise I can give him is I would like him in Black Gold & White (not now). But on all the evidence available, shit bloke and to get back to the "net asset" issue, Im sure there have been more newspaper column inches on his misbehaviour than his good play.

And his brother George in 2013,2014,2015 was the hardest player to tackle and the most punishing tackler in the game.
And best and most prolific gouger in the game. That was George wasn't it (I get twins mixed up)?

Tom Burgess is looked at as a very strong international front rower
again, I get twins mixed up easily but Tom was the nude selfie guy? (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

and Luke was a tough customer who never took a backward step. Great defender as well.
Code for reserve grader.

Their mum must be so proud. Funny we dont see as much of her any more, Rusty must have gone off her.

Wizardman

First Grade

I certainly don't need an invitation to give Souths a big kick up the ass......but please use some facts in your argument.
Farah played his 250th at Souths....that game that you were talking about was in no way a milestone game for him.
Im pretty sure that Souths v Tigers game was the first game in which all four brothers were listed in the starting line up at the same time. A Souths fan may correct me on that but Im pretty sure this was the case. It was a pretty huge achievement for that family and rugby league and deserved the focus it got at the time.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
No it doesnt. It depends on whether one believes that the best forward in the world playing in the NRL is offset by the squirrel gripping, hair pulling, cheap head shots (Moylan), sexting dick pics to women other than your wife, behavior in front of your own children worthy of an AVO. IMO no.

Sam is a great player, the highest praise I can give him is I would like him in Black Gold & White (not now). But on all the evidence available, shit bloke and to get back to the "net asset" issue, Im sure there have been more newspaper column inches on his misbehaviour than his good play.

And best and most prolific gouger in the game. That was George wasn't it (I get twins mixed up)?

again, I get twins mixed up easily but Tom was the nude selfie guy? (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

Code for reserve grader.

Their mum must be so proud. Funny we dont see as much of her any more, Rusty must have gone off her.
It's not good crucifying anyone without the full story Tiger. You quoted what you read. Sam fully cleared of that shit with that girl. And George being the most prolific gouge is crap. I think you will find Robbie himself has gouged more than once. No liked what George did. Souths fans liked Robbie and still do. I really don't think it's fair bringing the mum into it either. That is unless you would like to talk about a particular mum of a tigers player that used to live in mint. But if you do, I warn it will Open a can of worms for you and the player and the club.

Peter Quinn

Juniors

Code for reserve grader.

Haha. He'd Captain the tigers then!!

Tiger5150

Bench
I certainly don't need an invitation to give Souths a big kick up the ass......but please use some facts in your argument.
Farah played his 250th at Souths....that game that you were talking about was in no way a milestone game for him.
Im pretty sure that Souths v Tigers game was the first game in which all four brothers were listed in the starting line up at the same time. A Souths fan may correct me on that but Im pretty sure this was the case. It was a pretty huge achievement for that family and rugby league and deserved the focus it got at the time.

You are right, facts are important and that is kind of why I put (I think) in brackets. Turns out with a little research that I was wrong about some of the facts, but not the argument. It was Benji's 200th game and it was the game in which Robbie broke the record for most games for the WT (202). So it was most definitely a milestone match for two great players for the WT and NRL generally and to celebrate, we got Julie Burgess.

I stand by my post. Classless.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...afa1532ea?sv=c26c7ddceebd5434be6ed2d2265b0c16

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
It's not good crucifying anyone without the full story Tiger.
Im not crucifying anyone. I raised a hypothetical question of whether the Burgi have been a net asset to the NRL and then listed a list of actual factual things that have happened that would be used to make that judgement.

Sam fully cleared of that shit with that girl.
He was "fully cleared"? He admitted that it was his phone and his social media. There was nothing illegal about it and wasnt penalised for it, but it happened and it was well publicised that a short time after that he and his wife separated, they are now apparently completely finished and sees his kids of a weekend with his ex father in law taking an AVO out against him. Does that fit your definition of fully cleared?

George being the most prolific gouge is crap. I think you will find Robbie himself has gouged more than once.

Robbie has gouged more than once? When? Against who? he has certainly never been cited or suspended for gouging. What a disgraceful allegation to make without base of fact. Or did you mean he has been gouged more than once?

I really don't think it's fair bringing the mum into it either.

I brought the mum into it in the context of the media fanfare that originally surrounded the Burgi and how they were celebrated in order to contrast my question of whether they were an asset. Pretty clear. I have also since elaborated on why.

That is unless you would like to talk about a particular mum of a tigers player that used to live in mint. But if you do, I warn it will Open a can of worms for you and the player and the club.

Did that players mum swan about garnering media attention detracting from other players milestones? If so she would be part of the discussion, otherwise I dont see your point.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Im not crucifying anyone. I raised a hypothetical question of whether the Burgi have been a net asset to the NRL and then listed a list of actual factual things that have happened that would be used to make that judgement.

He was "fully cleared"? He admitted that it was his phone and his social media. There was nothing illegal about it and wasnt penalised for it, but it happened and it was well publicised that a short time after that he and his wife separated, they are now apparently completely finished and sees his kids of a weekend with his ex father in law taking an AVO out against him. Does that fit your definition of fully cleared?

Robbie has gouged more than once? When? Against who? he has certainly never been cited or suspended for gouging. What a disgraceful allegation to make without base of fact. Or did you mean he has been gouged more than once?

I brought the mum into it in the context of the media fanfare that originally surrounded the Burgi and how they were celebrated in order to contrast my question of whether they were an asset. Pretty clear. I have also since elaborated on why.

Did that players mum swan about garnering media attention detracting from other players milestones? If so she would be part of the discussion, otherwise I dont see your point.
No mate she didn't do that. They use to call her the mat, if you get my drift.