What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Rugby World Cup

Meth

Staff member
And the Jaapies show their innate ability to be boring as batshit and take union back to the 1970s, reminding us all of the potential for union to be like watching paint dry

God I hope the Poms win

They should, but I really hope South Africa win. They are both arrogant, but at least South Africa are in our Hemisphere.

JJ

Immortal
They should, but I really hope South Africa win. They are both arrogant, but at least South Africa are in our Hemisphere.

But they are South Africans - only some Poms are insufferable!!

Plus, The African rugby is just everything that's bad about it IMO

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s a shit choice but I’ll take England for once. For starters they’ll deserve it. They’ll have beaten all 4 SH tier one sides to get a title and beat us convincingly. secondly they’ll still only have two RWC titles so we can still claim to be too dog in that regard. I don’t really want the saffas getting smug about equaling our record, especially after we beat them in the pools and they blundered past Wales in their semi.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Think the Ireland game boosted confidence

Imo we’re still the best team, but Hansen messed up selections and was completely out coached and the team completely outplayed

Wasn’t like we can whinge about luck or decisions... fair old pounding

truth is we haven’t been as good since the McCaw/Carter era ended, and likely won’t be for a generation. But we’ve still been good enough to stay consistently number 1 and consequently haven’t had to improve.
I take my hat off to Eddie Jones and England for properly challenging, outthinking and outplaying us. We now have a proper challenge to aim up at, really for the first time since 2011. It might not feel that way now but this is a bloody good thing for both All Black and world rugby.
And you guys must agree with me that it’s a hell of a lot easier losing a cup after winning two than it was pretty much every year from 1995-2007.

JJ

Immortal
We’re still the best team imo

English were brilliant in that game and we did a few things wrong. But they beat us, no choke etc. hope they pick Rennie as next coach, perhaps with Joseph in the group.

Just not Foster tbh

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm very delighted England got smashed.

As I said in the other thread nothing between the top three in the end. Each dropped one game to one of the others. SA just timed their performances best, and got lucky with the draw by ending up on the opposite side of the finals to the other two.