What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernard Sutton admits Roosters dudded thrice during Grand Final - according to Weidler

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
Bit of a stretch to try and suggest they got dudded 3 times in that game.

Firstly, the sin-bin might have been harsh but he tackled the player without the ball in a try scoring opportunity that had been a sin-bin all year.

Secondly, the charge down they got the ball back anyway when it hit their trainer who really had no reason to be there in the first place. If it were a penalty they would have either gone for goal and ended up getting 2 points instead of the 6 they got off the scrum set. If they kicked for touch they would have had a set of 6 in the red zone which had been the Raiders strength all year. Either way they were hardly dudded in this situation.

As for the third one I can't comment as I don't intend on watching the replay again.

At the end of the day the Roosters got the win they were very good but also very lucky. Cheap tricks to attempt to re-write history and suggest they were the ones who were too good despite being dudded is just pathetic.

ReddFelon

Juniors
The most important thing here is the use of "thrice" in thread title.

How often does that opportunity come along?

I won't lie, it had a real biblical feel writing it. Much like the rooster that crowed when Peter denied Jesus, so too does the rooster crow as the referees deny Robinson.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I won't lie, it had a real biblical feel writing it. Much like the rooster that crowed when Peter denied Jesus, so too does the rooster crow as the referees deny Robinson.

Or when Moses stood on the mound and declared that forever and a day this shall be known as Thrice-gate

PS. clearly biblical references are not my thing.

AJB1102

First Grade
I'm all for accountability and admitting mistakes but it really isn't a good look and serves no purpose to hear this shit a month after the GF.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I doubt even sticky sent a f**king email to Sutton highlighting each error that went the roosters way. Robinson is a good fit for the roosters. No wonder they are so successful.

So much bravery in the face of adversity from the fans and robbo. It starts with uncle nick who loses game after game of golf but always bravely takes on the next opponent after losing all those games in a row.

Valheru

Coach
I doubt even sticky sent a f**king email to Sutton highlighting each error that went the roosters way. Robinson is a good fit for the roosters. No wonder they are so successful.

So much bravery in the face of adversity from the fans and robbo. It starts with uncle nick who loses game after game of golf but always bravely takes on the next opponent after losing all those games in a row.

That's quite the meltdown.

What errors went the roosters way?

Canard

Immortal
I'm all for accountability and admitting mistakes but it really isn't a good look and serves no purpose to hear this shit a month after the GF.

Not having a go at you here mate, but if you have the ability to critically read things, which most Roosters fans seem to be missing in this thread, there is no admission.

The whole article is based around the premise that someone from the Roosters emailed the NRL, got this response, then leaked this to Weidler and he reported it with 100% accuracy.

Imagine, after winning your second Grand Final in a row, how much of a wanker you would have to be, you pursue this course of action???

Valheru

Coach
Not having a go at you here mate, but if you have the ability to critically read things, which most Roosters fans seem to be missing in this thread, there is no admission.

The whole article is based around the premise that someone from the Roosters emailed the NRL, got this response, then leaked this to Weidler and he reported it with 100% accuracy.

Imagine, after winning your second Grand Final in a row, how much of a wanker you would have to be, you pursue this course of action???

Out of all the users on here I didn't expect that you would have the biggest meltdown over us going back to back.

Your salt sustains us

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That's quite the meltdown.

What errors went the roosters way?

I didnt go through the game with a fine tooth comb like robbo (the winning coach). I just copped the roosters were the better side

Seems quite weird to me the reaction of your coach. People make fun of des or stick for blowing up but they normally save it for a loss. Robbo is melting down after winning a gf.

The most insecure and crazy fanbase in the nrl with the most insecure and crazy coach

Canard

Immortal
Out of all the users on here I didn't expect that you would have the biggest meltdown over us going back to back.

Your salt sustains us

And yet according to Weidler, your team is writing to the NRL to complain weeks after winning a GF.

The adversity.

Canard

Immortal
Didn't the article say Robbo contacted them the Wednesday after the grand final? That's not weeks after

You are correct.

That makes it even worse, imagine this being anyone's priority immediately after going back to back.

It's evidence of some deep insecurity and very poor sportsmanship.

TheFrog

Coach
And yet according to Weidler, your team is writing to the NRL to complain weeks after winning a GF.
Just working on next year, that's all. You wouldn't want refs next year thinking the Roosters were awarded a premiership.