What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Which means McWreckor has a ready made excuse (sorry, reason) for 2020 being another failure. Of course they will be planning on DeBelin getting off the charges and playing from round 1. I bet no one has even considered the possibility that a) he doesn't get off and b) the case drags on for a few months. So looks like 2020 will be repeat of 2019 but we'll be pushing for the spoon IMO.
I actually don’t think so, I would say they will plan for him not being there. Especially with the emergence of Ford, the improvement of Leilua and the resigning of Kerr. If JDB is back someone decent will miss out as is. Vaughan, Graham, Lawrie, Leilua, Sims, Sims, Ford, JDB, Kerr plus fringe players like Host and Blacker all squeezing into probably 8-9 spots. It’s my thought that with Ford we won’t need to waste a bench spot for a back so that should be good. If JDB plays it looks like this.
13.JDB
12.Sims (fit)
11.Friz
10. Vaughan
9.McInnes
8.Graham
14.Ford
15.Leilua
16.Sims
17.Kerr

If JDB doesn’t play Lawrie does. I wouldn’t even bother buying anyone I’d save the coin for backs and 2021. I’d get more running into Leilua and Lawrie’s legs see how they go with another pre season and decide which way we go in 2021 if they come along okay we might not need to buy any forwards besides Graham’s replacement.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Our recruitment guru says that we won’t be chasing any marquee players, but will be looking at players who have played first grade
We are now truely screwed for 2020 and beyond

Did he say which decade they had played first grade?

To be honest, it doesn't bother me anymore, the sooner we fail next season, the sooner McGregor will be gone and then we can start rebuilding with, hopefully, a real coach.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not signing a 'marquee' player doesn't mean we aren't looking at very good players. A marquee usually takes up a major portion of salary eg: Mitchell. A very good player eg: Capewell would command significantly less.

I'm not for one second suggesting we are signing anyone like that, but the difference between marquee and very good can be misaligned.

In saying that, the likes of Dugan or even Sele could be targets imo.

BLM01

First Grade
Not signing a 'marquee' player doesn't mean we aren't looking at very good players. A marquee usually takes up a major portion of salary eg: Mitchell. A very good player eg: Capewell would command significantly less.

I'm not for one second suggesting we are signing anyone like that, but the difference between marquee and very good can be misaligned.

In saying that, the likes of Dugan or even Sele could be targets imo.
.DS..really..again?. Sele could not cut it at 1st grade at the Dragons or Penrith.and Dugan and his over inflated price tag...injuries and recent off field stuff....why chase them again?

Now Ramien, Capewell and the likes of Matterson I could live with and who are not marquees but we get any of these.

qld redvee

Juniors
Perhaps there are one or two players whom have some alliegence to Flanagan that would play for the Dragons , purely based upon his role of assistant coach of course .
Gareth
Im hoping Flanno can bring some "quality" ( not journeymen ) to fill some roster spots Capewell being versatile and fairly cheap gives good depth and ramien would be a nice fit in the backs then a few young backs to round out the squad

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
Im hoping Flanno can bring some "quality" ( not journeymen ) to fill some roster spots Capewell being versatile and fairly cheap gives good depth and ramien would be a nice fit in the backs then a few young backs to round out the squad

Yes that is the difference qld redvee quality - not players running on their last legs , I feel that over the next 12 months his influence will attract at least a couple of decent players to our squad.

Como Connection

First Grade
I think that William Kennedy from the Sharks could be a good fullback/winger signing. He reminds me a bit of Ricky Salford and comes from the area John Chapman came from.
Bathurst family.
I think that William Kennedy from the Sharks could be a good fullback/winger signing. He reminds me a bit of Ricky Salford and comes from the area John Chapman came from.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Anyway, looking through who is still unsigned and the pickings are ripe for some journeymen and/or unwanted players.

There are still some interesting names still there: (leaving out Matterson who I think will sign with the eels):
Forwards:
Kurt Capewell
Isaac Luke
Zane Tetavano
George Fai
Backs:
Gideon Gela-Mosby
Aaron Gray
Enari Tuala
Greg Leleisiuao

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Anyway, looking through who is still unsigned and the pickings are ripe for some journeymen and/or unwanted players.

There are still some interesting names still there: (leaving out Matterson who I think will sign with the eels):
Forwards:
Kurt Capewell
Isaac Luke
Zane Tetavano
George Fai
Backs:
Gideon Gela-Mosby
Aaron Gray
Enari Tuala
Greg Leleisiuao
https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/
I was looking through the stats and besides Timm have a look at Greg Leleisuao’s stats.

Reactions: jak

BLM01

First Grade
https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/
I was looking through the stats and besides Timm have a look at Greg Leleisuao’s stats.
Interesting..out of those I would say no to
Tetevano....he only looked OK in a gun side of forwards and coaching and Roosters had that ability to get the best out of him and squeeze the lemon dry and that is why they are now letting him go. He has been round the traps too much for me.
Gray - hardly lights reserve grade up for Newtown...no more better player than what we have
Moseby - interesting one, speed Yes...but thats all. Cant crack for a 1st grade gig anywhere yet and wont enhance us.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Interesting..out of those I would say no to
Tetevano....he only looked OK in a gun side of forwards and coaching and Roosters had that ability to get the best out of him and squeeze the lemon dry and that is why they are now letting him go. He has been round the traps too much for me.
Gray - hardly lights reserve grade up for Newtown...no more better player than what we have
Moseby - interesting one, speed Yes...but thats all. Cant crack for a 1st grade gig anywhere yet and wont enhance us.
So In other words welcome to the Dragons & expect Millward to sprout their virtues!! LOL

TruSaint

Referee
If the club signs the human scum that is Tetavano from the Roosters I'm not sure in good conscience I could root for us next year. They've pushed it with some of the rhetoric with JDB last year already splitting the playing group, but surely having this bloke around will be the last straw for guys like Frizzell

This is the mug that got a suspended jail term, with his lawyer saying he would not return to the toxic environment of the NRL.

2 years later he signed with Chooks. FMD.

Latest posts