What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

Tiger Shark

Bench
At this stage surely Ronaldo and Ramian are in front of xerri

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion to be honest. Ronaldo played a handful of games on the wing compared to Xerri playing pretty much a full season in the centres.

I like Ronaldo, he'll play Origin in a couple of years and I think he'll be very good for us but he hasn't done much yet to put himself ahead of Xerri. Yes you can argue Xerri needs to work on stuff, but what 18yr doesn't. Ronaldo himself needs to work on alot, namely his ability to control his passion. Suspended for a shoulder charge and sin binned for a headbutt a few weeks later.

It's a moot point anyway. Centres will be Xerri and Ramien period ...barring injury. One wants to play left, one wants to play right. Morris on one wing. The fullback and wing spots are dependent on what happens with Moylan and Dugan.

Omnishark2

Juniors
That's a bit cryptic Reefy - can you elaborate ?

I reckon Ronaldo's ego looks like it's getting ahead of his skills from his last few games for Newtown / Nines / Samoa. Confidence & aggression is good ... but his head is getting a bit too big for a youngster, needs to rein that in a bit.

bluefox68

Staff member
I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion to be honest. Ronaldo played a handful of games on the wing compared to Xerri playing pretty much a full season in the centres.

I like Ronaldo, he'll play Origin in a couple of years and I think he'll be very good for us but he hasn't done much yet to put himself ahead of Xerri. Yes you can argue Xerri needs to work on stuff, but what 18yr doesn't. Ronaldo himself needs to work on alot, namely his ability to control his passion. Suspended for a shoulder charge and sin binned for a headbutt a few weeks later.

It's a moot point anyway. Centres will be Xerri and Ramien period ...barring injury. One wants to play left, one wants to play right. Morris on one wing. The fullback and wing spots are dependent on what happens with Moylan and Dugan.
This may've been covered already, but...

Didn't Ronaldo play FB for QLD juniors?

Could he be our long-term answer, with the two veterans (Morris / Dugan) on the wings?

This could happen by starting Duges at FB for the first half of the year (RM on the right wing), and then swapping them down the track...

Ronaldo looks like our best backline player coming through.

Very versatile, plays with aggression and enthusiasm and he finds the try line.

But there is a fine line between good aggression and stupid aggression.

Of late he’s had the stupid version.

cb4

First Grade
Someone mentioned to me that Dogs are looking at Moylan but don't want to pay too much... but could be a load of shit (Dogs supporter)...Cb4?

As far as I know the only club entertaining Moylan are the Tigers. Madge is a huge fan of his and see's him playing 6 next to Brookes and Benji playing 9 and utility.
The sticking point is Moylans salary and how much we kick in. Once that is known, there may be some interest in him.
Foran's injury may spark some interest, but again, it will be down to what we kick in.

cb4

First Grade
Ronaldo looks like our best backline player coming through.

Very versatile, plays with aggression and enthusiasm and he finds the try line.

But there is a fine line between good aggression and stupid aggression.

Of late he’s had the stupid version.
Ronaldo is our most enthusiastic player coming through, but he has less than 10 percent of the talent Xerris has.
He is a strong finisher and a big hitter, no doubt, but Xerri is miles above him as a player.

Quigs

Immortal
Talk about salary cap over spends.

Crikey did I just hear correctly that Sonny Boy is going to sign up in the Superleague for Toronto for two years for just only 10 million.

Imagine playing in a side were a bloke is on a basic contract wage and the bloke beside him is on 5 million buckaroonies.

How munch is Lutele the Tackle on again?

snout

First Grade
OT: Latrells looking for a new home.
You reckon the rorters cant smell trouble in the coming years.

Duges would love bondi.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Talk about salary cap over spends.

Crikey did I just hear correctly that Sonny Boy is going to sign up in the Superleague for Toronto for two years for just only 10 million.

Imagine playing in a side were a bloke is on a basic contract wage and the bloke beside him is on 5 million buckaroonies.

How munch is Lutele the Tackle on again?
Leutele is actually highest paid centre, SBW does not come under the cap, its a shame they dont want Moylan

Chimp

Juniors
Duges would like it over there - closer to his American sports, closer to all his 'gamer' friends, can do his gaming at a reasonable time, rather than in the early hours.....

See ya Duges.

President Trump

Juniors
Duges would like it over there - closer to his American sports, closer to all his 'gamer' friends, can do his gaming at a reasonable time, rather than in the early hours.....

See ya Duges.

How did we find out that Dugan is a massive video gamer?

Ronaldo is our most enthusiastic player coming through, but he has less than 10 percent of the talent Xerris has.
He is a strong finisher and a big hitter, no doubt, but Xerri is miles above him as a player.

Less than 10% the talent of Xerri is a pretty harsh comment. I think the kid made big impressions in games last year. He plays with amazing intensity in attack and defence.

I like Xerri but he has to step up in defence. He has been at times soft going into tackles and when a break has been made sometimes his reactions are not what you want from an outside back. He’s a bit casual.

But glad to see these young backs finally coming through. Exciting times.

SadShark

Bench
Question for the floor: Does Fooey Fooey Moy Moyza have a note from his groomer and manicurist, to not run the Sandhills next week?

Fears a heel blister might keep him out for the first 5-rounds.

(Asking for a derty friend).