What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernard Sutton admits Roosters dudded thrice during Grand Final - according to Weidler

All JT asked was his thoughts on the biggest f**k up of the game that led to the premiership winning try

Robbo reacted like an idiot and all he had to counter with was to have a big whinge on the correct sin binning of Cronk

Maybe he should’ve emailed Robbo the question

MugaB

Coach
Why would we take all the plebs to our bosom? Sydney will do just fine. But just the good realestate bits, mind you.
What are bunch a bullshit, you guys dropped your name "easts" so you can cash in on a bigger fanbase, that even after 2 premierships in a row (bought and paid for, mind you) still cant draw bigger crowds than your neighbouring teams (except manly i suppose) but ill give manly a bit of slack they have 3 things against them, DCE isn't likable by RL fanbase as much as the Turbo bros are, manly is landlocked by a lost supporter base of north sydney, who will never convert to manly, and 3rdly their stadium is run down, so i get all that. No excuses for "Sydney" tho.
I guess you need to be bigger and better than just "the eastern suburbs".
I suppose having an exclusive fanbase of yacht sailing latte sipping toffs not showing up to games isn't cutting it.
Gotta be elusive sydney, pretend to represent everyone, total rubbish.
mate you guys won coz you got copper cronk, and he'd not been so egotistical, and left star studdled Melbourne for a team that is on the lower end of the ladder, like tigers. maybe people would care about his valiant 2018 GF shoulder injury effort, but no one cares, coz its the star studded roosters, valiant my arsehole

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
What are bunch a bullshit, you guys dropped your name "easts" so you can cash in on a bigger fanbase, that even after 2 premierships in a row (bought and paid for, mind you) still cant draw bigger crowds than your neighbouring teams (except manly i suppose) but ill give manly a bit of slack they have 3 things against them, DCE isn't likable by RL fanbase as much as the Turbo bros are, manly is landlocked by a lost supporter base of north sydney, who will never convert to manly, and 3rdly their stadium is run down, so i get all that. No excuses for "Sydney" tho.
I suppose having an exclusive fanbase of yacht sailing latte sipping toffs not showing up to games isn't cutting it.
mate you guys won coz you got copper cronk, and he'd not been so egotistical, and left star studdled Melbourne for a team that is on the lower end of the ladder, like tigers. maybe people would care about his valiant 2018 GF shoulder injury effort, but no one cares, coz its the star studded roosters, valiant my arsehole

Umm we had bigger crowds than every Sydney team except parra this year.

It's these types of meltdowns that make back to back even more sweet.

SBD82

Coach
I thought Cronk was very valiant, regardless of who he played for.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Built up from crowds from other fanbases eg Souths fans in your home game against Souths.

BTW how shit were the dragons crowd numbers.

Couldn't even average 10k at home.

Lambretta

First Grade
Seriously, can we stop talking about f**king referees? It is so god damn boring.

Wiedler is a merkin and no one should read a f**king thing he writes anyway.

Last weekend we had a monumentous event in Rugby League with Tonga beating Australia, but instead of talking about such an amazing event, its just another f**king whinge fest

That my club even felt the need to discuss this with the referees boss is just embarrassing.

We should be thanking the referees for turning up each week. They do on balance a great job and all Rugby League fans and media personalities do is crap on endlessly about refereeing decisions

Try thanking them for the 700 decisions they get right every game.

The referees make far fewer errors than the f**king players. No one is perfect, lets stop crucifying people for being human.

All I read every f**king week in every f**king publication is how refereeing is destroying the game and people won't watch any more

Thanks Channel 9 you merkins
Thanks the Daily Telegraph you merkins

^^^^ that's where the negativity comes from. Those two institutions do nothing but constantly death ride the game.

Rugby League commentators whinge more than English people. I should f**king know.

When a Pom is sick of your f**king whinging, you know you've got a problem.

Let's show some positivity for a change

Roll on next season

MugaB

Coach

Sorry no meltdown, just saying it how it is, and crowd figures aren't correct due to the inflated anzac day game vs dragons (in which both teams have alternate seasons of this same home game crowd) this years 38k happens to be roosters turn. Last years Anzac day, Dragons home game at allianz drew 41k.
add in magic round sunday numbers,
Of the remaining 8 SCG matches averaged around 11-12k, then add in token central coast, Adelaide match.
Its all good to look at stats on the afltables attendance but it means nothing without context.
Sydney Rorters just fudging the figures, handing out those paperbags, from under that SombreroZomboMeme 21092019075820.jpg

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Sorry no meltdown, just saying it how it is, and crowd figures aren't correct due to the inflated anzac day game vs dragons (in which both teams have alternate seasons of this same home game crowd) this years 38k happens to be roosters turn. Last years Anzac day, Dragons home game at allianz drew 41k.
add in magic round sunday numbers,
Of the remaining 8 SCG matches averaged around 11-12k, then add in token central coast, Adelaide match.
Its all good to look at stats on the afltables attendance but it means nothing without context.
Sydney Rorters just fudging the figures, handing out those paperbags, from under that SombreroView attachment 33993

Who cares?

You said they couldn't draw a crowd. The fact is they can and do regularly.

Springs09

Juniors
Shut the f**k up about referees already

For the life of me I don't understand why the NRL feeds into this with the weekly 'referee stuff-up' media releases. And then V'Landys comes out and first thing he does is blame the referees for being the worst thing in the game! Do they want referees respected or not?

whinge whinge f**king whinge. f**k you crybabies get annoying.
Anyone who wants to whinge can go ref in their local senior or junior comp, after that you may have a licence to whinge.

TheDalek079

Bench
It's time for the neutrals and raiders fans to get over it. Easts won despite copping bad ref calls. Time for opposition fans to admit it and move on.

Springs09

Juniors
Seriously, can we stop talking about f**king referees? It is so god damn boring.

Wiedler is a merkin and no one should read a f**king thing he writes anyway.

Last weekend we had a monumentous event in Rugby League with Tonga beating Australia, but instead of talking about such an amazing event, its just another f**king whinge fest

That my club even felt the need to discuss this with the referees boss is just embarrassing.

We should be thanking the referees for turning up each week. They do on balance a great job and all Rugby League fans and media personalities do is crap on endlessly about refereeing decisions

Try thanking them for the 700 decisions they get right every game.

The referees make far fewer errors than the f**king players. No one is perfect, lets stop crucifying people for being human.

All I read every f**king week in every f**king publication is how refereeing is destroying the game and people won't watch any more

Thanks Channel 9 you merkins
Thanks the Daily Telegraph you merkins

^^^^ that's where the negativity comes from. Those two institutions do nothing but constantly death ride the game.

Rugby League commentators whinge more than English people. I should f**king know.

When a Pom is sick of your f**king whinging, you know you've got a problem.

Let's show some positivity for a change

Roll on next season

Thank you!

I know all the f**kwit fans who constantly run down the refs think we can just bring in new refs - NSW Cup and the like, but refereeing numbers are a serious problem in local competitions. Many comps have 60 year old refs still trying to run around and there's no one coming up to replace them. Many of them have to do at least 2 games a week and run 2 more sidelines just to get abused every game. The things said on the sidelines to the refs are disgusting. They don't even let up on young kids who are trying to have a go reffing junior games.

I've been doing it the last 2 years. I'm 28 and still playing and the last thing I want to do after playing is run back out and ref the next game. One of our comps has 6 clubs and all 3 games are played at the one venue each week, 3 times this year I played for my club then ran back out to ref the next game. One week I got an anonymous letter in the mail saying I was a 'cheat' an 'embarrassment' and to cut it out lest I be 'publicly humiliated'. Now who the f**k is that geniused to send a threatening letter to a country referee?

Anyway all this abusive shit that trickles down to local A-grade through to U6s starts with our media personalities abusing the shit out of referees every week. They need to set an example for how fans should treat referees, but they don't because on slow-mo replay it's clear that the call was 50/50 but it didn't follow the narrative we want so lets bag the ref out.

Springs09

Juniors
Who cares which team was dudded worse? Biggest stage of the game and we have (at least) 4 shitty peices of refereeing. That the "referees boss" isn't using this to introduce a wide ranging plan to fix the problem is an absolute farce. How do these clowns still have jobs?

Probably because you, the clear rugby league expert, isn't exactly knocking on the door to take their jobs? If it's so easy you f**king do it you hero.

Latest posts