What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you were to move.....

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Okay, okay

If you were to move to Australia, would you continue to support this rabble, or would you deflect to your new local team?

E.G, say if you moved to Brisbane would you support the Broncos? Melbourne, the storm? etc

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’ve lived in Sydney for 17 years and I still support them. If you ditch your team because you move you’re a weak and craven individual. You can change you car, or your missus, but it shows a total lack of character to change teams. The only acceptable excuse is if your team folds.
It’s ok to have a second team I guess... but you’ve still gotta back the Warriors if they come here.

Diesel

Coach
I’ve supported the Warriors since 95 & moved to Brisbane early in 2004.
No way would I support the Broncos or any other NRL team

Cold Roses

Juniors
Followed The Warriors right from their first match. Remember the excitement of knowing we were to have a team entering the completion. Lived in Melbourne for 17 years and loathed the Storm the entire time. Now live permanently in Nashville, Tennessee. This last season I have watched fewer games live than ever before in the last 25 years. I’d like to say it’s because of the time difference, but the reality is, I’m just feeling less optimistic than at any point prior to this. I’ll never support another team. But I’ve honestly never been less enthusiastic about The Warriors, and the NRL as a competition, than I am right now.

JJ

Immortal
Followed The Warriors right from their first match. Remember the excitement of knowing we were to have a team entering the completion. Lived in Melbourne for 17 years and loathed the Storm the entire time. Now live permanently in Nashville, Tennessee. This last season I have watched fewer games live than ever before in the last 25 years. I’d like to say it’s because of the time difference, but the reality is, I’m just feeling less optimistic than at any point prior to this. I’ll never support another team. But I’ve honestly never been less enthusiastic about The Warriors, and the NRL as a competition, than I am right now.
Nashville... cool, the Titans are there? You follow the NFL?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Nashville... cool, the Titans are there? You follow the NFL?

Yeah Titans are here. I don’t follow NFL but it’s impossible not to be aware of it in a city that has a team. It’s sort of like being back home in NZ with rugby as the main sport. It’s just everywhere you go. Hockey team the Predators play about 3 times a week as well it seems. Been meaning to try and get to a game.

Matua

Bench
I live in Australia and still support the rabble, but I'd never support an Australian team (NRL or Origin, although I might support a lower grade side like Newtown if I had free time on weekends). I have a mate who has lived in Manly for years, lives above Brookvale and has membership so supports them.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I ask cause I'm going over in 2 weeks.
After the season we've had I just feel glum about it all.
I'm sure by March I'll be right

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interestingly I’ve had a few people say to me that if a Southern based (Welly/Canty) NRL side came about they’d be straight over to support them rather than continue with the Warriors

Meth

Staff member
I moved to Christchurch and supported the Crusaders immediately. Now I have moved back to Auckland and I intend to support the Blues. (God, help me)

Don't think I could ditch the Warriors though

Big Marn

Juniors
hmm, born in the Waikato, but spent more of my life living in Auckland and Canterbury. But just cant bring myself to support those teams over the red yellow and black.
Yet have no issue supporting the Warriors so its not a location thing for me. If they were to relocate anywhere nothing would change for me.
I probably have more day to day interest in the American teams i support than i do NZ based teams like the Allblacks or Black Caps. Im abit of an odd one tho.

Matua

Bench
I moved to Christchurch and supported the Crusaders immediately. Now I have moved back to Auckland and I intend to support the Blues. (God, help me)

Don't think I could ditch the Warriors though
Is that you Phil Gifford?

I continued to hate the Crusaders and Canterbury with a passion when I lived there.

If you can switch from Blues to Crusaders I predict you'd be a Roosters fan after a single visit to Bondi Beach. :p

Meth

Staff member
Is that you Phil Gifford?

I continued to hate the Crusaders and Canterbury with a passion when I lived there.

If you can switch from Blues to Crusaders I predict you'd be a Roosters fan after a single visit to Bondi Beach. :p

haha. Nah, the Warriors love runs too deep.

Growing up in Papakura, I support Counties. We didn’t like Auckland or Waikato, so getting on board with either the Blues or the Chiefs was a hard sell

Matua

Bench
haha. Nah, the Warriors love runs too deep.

Growing up in Papakura, I support Counties. We didn’t like Auckland or Waikato, so getting on board with either the Blues or the Chiefs was a hard sell
But the Crusaders? :confused:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah Titans are here. I don’t follow NFL but it’s impossible not to be aware of it in a city that has a team. It’s sort of like being back home in NZ with rugby as the main sport. It’s just everywhere you go. Hockey team the Predators play about 3 times a week as well it seems. Been meaning to try and get to a game.
82 games in the regular season, then 4 best of 7 series final series to win the lot.

A player could play 110 games in one season.

Minnesota Wild play 41 games at home, sell out every game (21K), have never even made the Stanley Cup final.

Dedicated fans, I love that game.

I have lived in Brisbane for 15 years now, I ain't no Bronco, even if the Sharks folded

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
82 games in the regular season, then 4 best of 7 series final series to win the lot.

A player could play 110 games in one season.

Minnesota Wild play 41 games at home, sell out every game (21K), have never even made the Stanley Cup final.

Dedicated fans, I love that game.

I have lived in Brisbane for 15 years now, I ain't no Bronco, even if the Sharks folded

The baseball season amazes me, 30 pre season hit outs, 162 regular season games then into 3 rounds of playoff series to decide the winner

Rich102

Staff member
Only place I am likely to go is too hot to have a league team. Though there will, no doubt, be a few great players there.

Latest posts