What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It would fall under law 41 'unfair play'.

As an umpire, especially in a junior game, I would have held my arm out preventing the bowler from bowling until the batsmen was set.

There's enough dickheads in club cricket, we don't need more.

Timbo

Staff member
So all of the T20Is for the summer have been played. And summer hasn’t even started.

And we don’t play an ODI at home until Autumn.

But don’t worry, we’ll be playing ODI’s in India this summer.

Bra-f**king-vo CA, bravo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So all of the T20Is for the summer have been played. And summer hasn’t even started.

And we don’t play an ODI at home until Autumn.

But don’t worry, we’ll be playing ODI’s in India this summer.

Bra-f**king-vo CA, bravo.
Gotta get some of Dat Fat BCCI cash.

f**k the Aussie fans though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thank f**k the international t20s are over.

I haven't seen a close game in that format bar the world cup final where stokes got moidered in the last over by Carlos Braithwaite.

Bazal

Post Whore
I actually sort of agree with getting the T20s out of the way. Or having them at the end of the season.

But that's probably just because I want a clump of Test match cricket.

I'm not a T20 hater or anything but man I think it needs to be reserved for franchise tournaments

TheParraboy

Staff member
Don’t know about you lot

I just can’t wait for the Chappell/Hadlee series , kicks off the Friday in March 2020 same as the 1st round of the footy

They obviously left the best cricket series till last.

(Parra v dogs Thursday)
1st C/H on the Friday D/N Sydney
2nd C/H on the Sunday (Sydney day game)

Then let’s wait for Rd 2 of the footy to put the 3rd C/H match on a Friday

Will be epic

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Don’t know about you lot

I just can’t wait for the Chappell/Hadlee series , kicks off the Friday in March 2020 same as the 1st round of the footy

They obviously left the best cricket series till last.

(Parra v dogs Thursday)
1st C/H on the Friday D/N Sydney
2nd C/H on the Sunday (Sydney day game)

Then let’s wait for Rd 2 of the footy to put the 3rd C/H match on a Friday

Will be epic

What f**king buffoons they are.

I am genuinely angry at how badly they f**ked up this summer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What f**king buffoons they are.

I am genuinely angry at how badly they f**ked up this summer.

The only saving grace is scheduling of the 3 test series v kiwis and getting them to play at the SCG and MCG over Pakistan

As well as mighty MS Wade heroics in the BBL, goes without saying...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good move..

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...d-australian-cricketers-association-president

upload_2019-11-13_19-36-41.png

Shane Watson has been appointed president of the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) at the body's annual general meeting, and will now head the extended ten-member board, which includes three other new appointments: current players Pat Cummins and Kristen Beams and former player Lisa Sthalekar.

"Through a period of immense change, the players have been, and will continue to be, a strong voice in protecting what's made our game of cricket great, while embracing opportunities that change inevitably brings," Watson said.

The new structure also splits the role of president and chairman, with the latter continuing to be held by former Australia wicketkeeper Greg Dyer. A number of prominent cricketers are elected directors: apart from Beams and Cummins, they are Aaron Finch, Alyssa Healy and Moises Henriques.

Matt23

Staff member
Regarding Will Pucovski, he shouldn't be picked for at least another 18 Months, he should also consider switching states, well away from the Melbourne bubble, They put way way way too much pressure on their athletes down there.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think Maddinson, Maxwell and Pucovski withdrawing from sides for mental health reasons opens up a massive can of worms. If they're mentally doing it tough or susceptible to mental health issues is it ok for 11 fieldsmen to call them a useless merkin all day? Or for any mental disintegration or sledging at all?

The reality for all sports is that at the top level if you're not good enough physically or mentally you get exposed. If you know a player is anxious or depressed about his performance is it ok to drop them knowing it could put them in an even worse place?

Ftr, no issue with the three guys and the cricket authorities addressing their personal issues, just food for thought.

Matt23

Staff member
I could be wrong, but I thought a couple of players (possibly some of our players) were reprimanded/fined for making comments to Marcus Trescothick regarding his problems...

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Maddinson, Maxwell and Pucovski withdrawing from sides for mental health reasons opens up a massive can of worms. If they're mentally doing it tough or susceptible to mental health issues is it ok for 11 fieldsmen to call them a useless merkin all day? Or for any mental disintegration or sledging at all?

The reality for all sports is that at the top level if you're not good enough physically or mentally you get exposed. If you know a player is anxious or depressed about his performance is it ok to drop them knowing it could put them in an even worse place?

Ftr, no issue with the three guys and the cricket authorities addressing their personal issues, just food for thought.

Good point

Probably not ok, but does that mean not uttering boo to them? When someone is not in the right headspace any little sledge wont be good, even in jest

Good that these guys are pulling out if they are not right, Maybe over coaching at professional level, high expectations from everyone and social media can all contribute. Many are not fazed and get on with it, with some it gets too much

Im not sure if the states or even Australia have one, but a full time psychologist wouldn't be a bad thing

Was reading an article at the start of the year, and the Sydney Roosters are the only NRL club to have one. Makes sense in these times I guess

Bazal

Post Whore

Choo choo....

Latest posts