What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

adamkungl

Immortal
This is not a jealousy post, nor am I suggesting he should say, but I'd love for pro athletes to spare us the "looking after my kids" spiel.

If he plonked his last 2 years 'modest' earnings in some low risk investment account and did nothing else he'd have more money for his family than 95% of families in the country.

Ya don't need $1.2M a year to look after 3 kids lol

Zadar

Juniors
This is not a jealousy post, nor am I suggesting he should say, but I'd love for pro athletes to spare us the "looking after my kids" spiel.

If he plonked his last 2 years 'modest' earnings in some low risk investment account and did nothing else he'd have more money for his family than 95% of families in the country.

I agree, so if he didn’t have a family to look after, would he be happy to play for 500k?

I doubt it.

t-ba

Post Whore

We gave Keiran Foran all sorts of shit about that justification when he dogged Manly.

At the time we didn't know his third child was the Queen of the Nile at the Dragon's Den of the Dee Why RSL... So he had a point.

yobbo84

First Grade
To be fair if I was him and the Roosters offered me the same money Angus bloody Crichton is on, I know I'd be pissed off too.

betcats

Referee
Man these guys who take shots are journos and the media are so stupid, the media loves it, absolutes loves it. A famous footy player calling them out and having a go at a journo or media outlet literally does not hurt that journo or outlet at all, it helps them get views which helps them get paid more. It also gives them another easy click bait story for the next few weeks, there will be Latrell articles every other day now trying to get another response.

The media are like a school yard bully, you either belt them back hard enough that they think twice before going you again or you ignore them. You absolutely do not get upset and whine, they love that.

I know Mundine talks shit but where does he get off saying Easts are disloyal? The contract on offer will make him the highest paid centre and judging by the reaction on this thread, it’s overly generous. Surely Latrell realises that accomodating his demands means one or two team mates will have to be let go or downgraded. Don’t think the squad would be too pleased.

I know Mundine talks shit but where does he get off saying Easts are disloyal? The contract on offer will make him the highest paid centre and judging by the reaction on this thread, it’s overly generous. Surely Latrell realises that accomodating his demands means one or two team mates will have to be let go or downgraded. Don’t think the squad would be too pleased.

For Mundine to talk about "loyalty" is hypocrisy at its highest. How many times did he dud the Dragons by going to the Broncos and Super League for 1997 and then, after returning to the Dragons in 1998, going to boxing mid-season in 2000?

For Mundine to talk about "loyalty" is hypocrisy at its highest. How many times did he dud the Dragons by going to the Broncos and Super League for 1997 and then, after returning to the Dragons in 1998, going to boxing mid-season in 2000?

Well like he says, he’s looking after number one. Well Anthony, Easts are looking after themselves too.

Lambretta

First Grade
lol that James Big Man Hooper article is the worst thing i've ever read
As if the Roosters give a f**k what car he's driving

True. But you don't spend $250,000 on something that will be worth $100,000 in 4 years time if your number one concern is the financial future of your family

Latest posts