What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Mitchell saying that his desire is to play fullback sounds like an attempt to get more dollars out of any future club who signs him. You’d pay $1m+ for a top tier fullback, but not a centre. The question then becomes, would any club sign him as a fullback on that sort of money?

Mitchell saying that his desire is to play fullback sounds like an attempt to get more dollars out of any future club who signs him. You’d pay $1m+ for a top tier fullback, but not a centre. The question then becomes, would any club sign him as a fullback on that sort of money?
Tigers are reportedly offering him 1.1 to play fullback..

macavity

Referee
Would play 6 for us.

reading between the lines I reckon we are the only club he is settled at. Might take less to be in a comfortable environment. I would be worried signing him as a Sydney club - if he isn’t settled winning premierships he will never be settled in Sydney.

Frederick

Staff member
Would play 6 for us.

reading between the lines I reckon we are the only club he is settled at. Might take less to be in a comfortable environment. I would be worried signing him as a Sydney club - if he isn’t settled winning premierships he will never be settled in Sydney.
I don't know about him at six. Only ever seen him play there once before and that was against us this year. He laid an.absolute egg that night, but then again he was partnered up with Brock lamb...

If it means keeping Kurt Mann out of first grade I'm all for it

Yosh

Coach
Would play 6 for us.

We're gonna have some bad games next season if our six and seven are Micthell and Mitchell...

Instead, the Knights are closing in on the signatures of two unheralded outside backs to bolster their squad for next season.

"They'll be young outside backs who are looking for an opportunity to get themselves into a system," O'Brien revealed. "We should know answers from two of them [the players we are talking to] over the next few weeks."

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...gnings-but-mitchell-not-on-the-radar/?cs=7580
I wonder who they'll be.. What young outside backs are available?

PhilGould

Bench
Enari Tuala was just let go by the Cowboys due to discipline issues. Had big wraps on him and he's still only 21 so Knights may take a chance on him. That's just a guess though.

slotmachine

First Grade
No one to get excited about playing first grade.

I think it is telling that the Roosters, having one of the strongest systems and coming off back to back premierships have pulled their deal for Latrell.

Spot On

Coach
No one to get excited about playing first grade.

I think it is telling that the Roosters, having one of the strongest systems and coming off back to back premierships have pulled their deal for Latrell.

... they're are brilliant when it comes to cap management, letting players go at the right time and replacing those players.

The Roosters have been more than patient with Mitchell the past few seasons and the 800K offer was more than generous.

I love the way operate. Hats off to them.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
... they're are brilliant when it comes to cap management, letting players go at the right time and replacing those players.

The Roosters have been more than patient with Mitchell the past few seasons and the 800K offer was more than generous.

I love the way operate. Hats off to them.

The Roosters are never held to ransom by a player because there are always players from other clubs climbing over each other to sign with them. They’ve had a successful culture for a long time and very rarely does a player go there and not improve, and they’ve built a squad that’s not reliant on any individual player so if they lose a couple of stars here and there it doesn’t cripple them like it would with other teams.

Latrell will probably leave and get better $$$ elsewhere but he’ll probably regret it in the long run when he’s not playing finals and winning premierships.

If he really wants to come here to be close to family then he should be prepared to take a little less to do so. But obviously $$$ is a bigger motivator for him than that. I’m not blaming him for that because I would probably go where the money is too but I don’t think we’ve got any chance of signing him anyway because there’s no way we’ll pay him what he’s asking for.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Latrell would be crazy to leave the Rorters. for what ? 200 k a year more ? perhaps not playing in a star filled team and not winning as often......

lowering his public profile and in the process weakening the Latrell brand, missing sponsorship and after footy career opportunities for the future......

Sometimes in a career as in life - less is more

TooheysNew

Coach
Latrell would be crazy to leave the Rorters. for what ? 200 k a year more ? perhaps not playing in a star filled team and not winning as often......

lowering his public profile and in the process weakening the Latrell brand, missing sponsorship and after footy career opportunities for the future......

Sometimes in a career as in life - less is more
Or, money isn't everything.

newyboy

Juniors
We don't need or want him. He has a bad attitude and said he would never play for the Knights or thereabouts.