What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

CliveC

Juniors
Clive, killing it again? I thought his last game was just above average, but before that extremely poor. Admittably he's work in progress and that sometimes works. But in my opinion he will never be an explosive fullback because that can't be tort it's a natural ability.
Adam Dewey plays f.b.for Souths currently are we talking about the same player?
Can't be :grinning:

250excf

Juniors
Douhie was running the ball back on kick returns and putting his big frame on the line looked pretty impressive to me like he was gaining in confidence every game sure he needs to learn other aspects of being a great fullback but he definately isn’t scared of hitting the line hard at speed like AJ was

CliveC

Juniors
Douhie was running the ball back on kick returns and putting his big frame on the line looked pretty impressive to me like he was gaining in confidence every game sure he needs to learn other aspects of being a great fullback but he definately isn’t scared of hitting the line hard at speed like AJ was
That's pretty close,I am looking forward to more of the same in 2020,he attacked the ball on kick returns and broke the line often.Great promise!

Spot On

Coach
All the talk about Latrell is fluff. Not only will he not be here but we dont need him. Latrell is a right centre and so is Burns and a fit Burns with that left foot step is a more consistent and cheaper option than Latrell - we just need to keep him on the park. One could argue that we need a left centre but again we need to put more faith in Roberts, remember he was a mid season signing so had no pre-season with the team - in fact he appears to have spent his pre-season actively trashing his body. Further to that, what Roberts needs in order to have impact is good early ball (exactly what Latrell needs as well) and that comes down to Reynolds. A strong pre-season with Murray, Cook and Reynolds working together to create space for Roberts and we will see an entirely different player.

We should off-load Gagai and get a young up and coming back to fill the gap but remember we already have Burns, Roberts, Graham, AJ, Doueihi, Allan, Gebbie, Marsters, Goodwin, Denniss and Paulo in our stocks. Some potential cheapies currently without a club are John Olive, Aaron Gray, Javid Bowen, Gideon Gela-Moseby, Josh Hoffman and Mawene Hiroti is still open as well. I would pick up Hoffman in a second to give us more depth and then back the young talent we have

THEN we need to use Sam's retirement and some Gagai money to buy 3 forwards because we are seriously light in that area. Zane Tetevano, Frank Winterstein, Lloyd Perrett, Kurt Capewell, Scott Sorenson, Mitchell Allgood and Patrick Kaufusi are all available but they are all reserve graders. We currently look like having a forward pack of

8. T Burgess,
9.. Cook,
10. Knight,
11. Su'a,
12. Lowe,
13. Murray

with Tatola, Amone, Sironen and Nichols on the bench
and only Rodwell, Koloamatangi, Jack Johns and Dillon in our reggies.

We need 1 gun and 2 players at Nichols+ level. There is no way we are winning many games with that forward pack even accounting for Knight, Tatola and Murray to continue improving. Worst case scenario we need a big name signing for 2021 in the forwards and we need to snap up 3 or 4 of the players above and see if Bennett can do what Hasler did with the Sea Eagles this year and create a winning team from ordinary players

Gun post mate. You are on the money.

A good coach and the clubs recruitment and retention would already be all over this.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Adam Doueihi is learning. He's done OK back there especially in the Canberra semi. But before that he was pretty ordinary. I don't think there's any doubt we need an explosive fullback because you can't win premierships without one. But I can tell you this, if new recruit Edene Gebbie handles the rise in class, he's a ready made explosive fullback. Thankfully it's not up to me who plays where. I'd hate that job. The Great thing about Doueihi is, he can play anywhere really and in my view the best bench player in the comp. We need massive forwards. Canberra and Roosters both have really big forwards and that's why they were just steam rolling teams to get to the GF. We've lost the best forward in the world Sam Burgess and John Sutton to retirement. Along with that George Burgess is gone and so is Kyle Turner. No doubt we need forwards or we will get run over by Titans and Dragons.

250excf

Juniors
Gun post mate. You are on the money.

A good coach and the clubs recruitment and retention would already be all over this.
Yes agree we don’t need backs we bloody need to somehow replace Sam George Sutto Turner Britt etc if we don’t replace with hard ass intimidators we are sure to get rolled all year
Why on earth do some think we need to spend our cap on Mitchell when we have Burns Roberts Gagai AJ Cambell Graham Cory Allen etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Yes agree we don’t need backs we bloody need to somehow replace Sam George Sutto Turner Britt etc if we don’t replace with hard ass intimidators we are sure to get rolled all year
Why on earth do some think we need to spend our cap on Mitchell when we have Burns Roberts Gagai AJ Cambell Graham Cory Allen etc
They can grab whoever they want. But first I'd grab David Fifita, Tyson Frizel and any other monster prop they can get. Id have a crack at getting Shannon Boyd. Hed go OK under Wayne Bennett I'm sure of that.And they don't get bigger than that.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Latrell Mitchel has made a media statement, announcing IM IN NO HURRY TO MAKE ANY DECISION ON 2021 AND CONTRACTED TO THE ROOSTERS UNTIL THEN. I WANT TO ENJOY MY TIME OFF AND BE LEFT ALONE WITH MY FAMILY. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? My answer to that is no it's not mate. And it's not the fans who sent the media circling and saying I'm worth more than 800K and the Roosters saying all bets are off.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
That's pretty close,I am looking forward to more of the same in 2020,he attacked the ball on kick returns and broke the line often.Great promise!
The kid is a future SOO player he has everything and like a good racehorse or Greyhound improves with every game he should be signed up long term so come on Richo do your stuff!

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The kid is a future SOO player he has everything and like a good racehorse or Greyhound improves with every game he should be signed up long term so come on Richo do your stuff!
Oh hec. Youve got me singing Doueihi rules the field. Oh yeah. Hahaha. I hope your right as well.

250excf

Juniors
Oh hec. Youve got me singing Doueihi rules the field. Oh yeah. Hahaha. I hope your right as well.
That’s funny Peter recent posts from you were saying he was not a gun fullback and we will never win a premiership with him laying there
So what is it you love him now ...??
You say one thing and now the opposite wtf is that

250excf

Juniors
That’s funny Peter recent posts from you were saying he was not a gun fullback and we will never win a premiership with him laying there
You were also licking Latrells ass in previous posts saying we must sign him

Peter Quinn

Juniors
No mate. I don't think he's our fullback. I'm more interested to see what Gebbie brings. He's more of a sensational player. Doueihi is being tort the fullbacks role and that doesn't give him the explosiveness needed. That is a skill and can't be tort. However, I hope and conceed to an extent that Adam could also turn out pretty good. I hope so because he does have something in his game I like.

Latest posts