What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

snout

First Grade
Latrells career has the wobbles.
He right now needs smarter people in his ear than he presently has.

AJB1102

First Grade
He played FB for Samoa this weekend, didn't watch the game so not sure how he went. They got pumped though.

He was horrible. Bobbled and dropped the first highball with no opponent within cooee. That set the tone until they final minute when, to his credit and what we kinds know of him, he was awake and ready to support a break and chase hard on a kick to grab a try.

Samoa as a whole was putrid too.

Stake Removed

First Grade
He was horrible. Bobbled and dropped the first highball with no opponent within cooee. That set the tone until they final minute when, to his credit and what we kinds know of him, he was awake and ready to support a break and chase hard on a kick to grab a try.

Samoa as a whole was putrid too.

Remember he is 18/19 playing fullback for a team who had been put together in a week, it takes a few years till a player is completely adjusted to playing fullback

AJB1102

First Grade
Remember he is 18/19 playing fullback for a team who had been put together in a week, it takes a few years till a player is completely adjusted to playing fullback

For sure, not writing him off, Just giving an assessment of how he went in the game Tiger asked about.

I'm a fan. But he's no NRL fullback option yet.

Quigs

Immortal
Just a hunch mind you, but if Latrell leaves Uncle Nicks Rorters you just watch all the stories and rumours that will all of a sudden find their way out into the world.

snout

First Grade
Cronk signs on as coach.

Nek minnit Latrells offer is withdrawn.

Cronk has extremely high standards. On and off the park..
Also if he tells Trent black is white he believes it.

Will chambers?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Xerri is an obvious great player in the making . Like a couple other greats early in their careers hes not the finished product . ETs positional play, lines and defense improved immensely over a few years and same for Steve Renouf. I think Renouf was even dropped once after scoring two tries and making no glaring errors.. He was never a certain pick in his first couple years even though was obviously a future star.

At this stage surely Ronaldo and Ramian are in front of xerri,and surely its a good message for the coach to be sending to players that they get picked on current form of all round game and benefit to team, not flashes of individual brilliance or potential..

Absolutely!! I just posted along these lines in the 2020 team thread.

If neither Mythlan or Dugan leave Xerri doesn't fit in

Frenzy.

Immortal
It is a curious one, Melbourne weren't allowed to do that.

Their cheating was on a different scale though.

Perhaps it's allowed if incorporated into a new deal

eg, Fifita on 750k a year for another 2 years becomes 600k a year for 3 years.

Could be smart business by both the player and the club really.

That type of intelligent forward thinking is usually beyond us though.

Yes, it's curious. To do that the NRL would have to agree to a projected drop in value for Fifita on year 3 one would think.

I don't see how it helps in the long run.

1.5 million over 2 years or 1.8 million over 3. That's actually an upgrade on a bloke who will be lucky to see this year out.

As I mentioned. Sharks need to be watching what has happened with Inglis earlier and now Burgess and Gillett

Frenzy.

Immortal
I would be real nervous signing Latrell, the Roosters have the ability to manage players, keep them out of the press if issues unfold, only a couple of clubs can do that the rest cant, for me stay away from Latrell big time

Yeah true but I don't trust the Roosters media machine. It's just as likely they are leaking this shit to piss Latrell off so they can hit the bullseye on someone else. Like maybe Dave Fifita. They do think ahead those Rooster quarnts. Aubusson is 33 next year (if he plays), JWH is 31ny, Tetevano will be 30ny, Isaac Liu is creeping to old age at 29ny.

They don't need Latrell. They know forwards win matches.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ronaldo is our most enthusiastic player coming through, but he has less than 10 percent of the talent Xerris has.
He is a strong finisher and a big hitter, no doubt, but Xerri is miles above him as a player.

How? All Xerri did well in 2019 is run fast. He created nothing, his positional sense was lacking, his defensive nous was so so. HIs handling was poor. His involvement was low. He was spatially unaware of where he was on the field and he was often seen 20 metres behind when he should of "been there".

He may well have more talent but once you reach NRL talent only gets you so far. Ronaldo is 10 times smarter and committed than Xerri. He's more complete.

But hey, run of the mill Sharks fans only see Bells and whistles and people who run, really, really fast excite them beyond having complete vision of the player.

AFAIC Xerri only makes the 17 if Mythlan or Dugan leave. If they are both around they both start and Ramien is +++++++++ over Xerri.

cb4

First Grade
I bet you if neither Dugan or Moylan leave that the starting centres next year are Ramien and Xerri and Ronaldo is in reserve grade.

For someone who didn't create anything he seemed to have a lot of line break assists and line breaks.
But hey, you were a Holmes hater so no one should really pay attention to your feel of a footballer.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Looks like Xerri will likely become the new whipping boy of the forum. He's 18 ffs....will be a better player once he gets some regular game time with Wade by his side. Fwiw i like the idea of a bit of depth in the backs.... compulsory in fact considering Moylan Dugan and SJ are all prone to a few injuries at times.

fizman

Bench
I find it incredible that the Roosters pull the deal on Latrell and then all of a sudden all of the other clubs pull their deals as well.

My view is that the Roosters will not only keep him, but also pay less than the original offer.

It gives them 12 months breathing space to see how he performs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Looks like Xerri will likely become the new whipping boy of the forum. He's 18 ffs....will be a better player once he gets some regular game time with Wade by his side. Fwiw i like the idea of a bit of depth in the backs.... compulsory in fact considering Moylan Dugan and SJ are all prone to a few injuries at times.

Nuh, he's not a whipping boy yet but the forum view needs to be balanced. People talk like he is Reg Gasnier or Sludge but he has been barely better than Karl Filiga so far.

As Cooper Cronk said, talking about potential means nothing because if we only talk about potential it automatically means they are meeting the potential they have.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nuh, he's not a whipping boy yet but the forum view needs to be balanced. People talk like he is Reg Gasnier or Sludge but he has been barely better than Karl Filiga so far.

As Cooper Cronk said, talking about potential means nothing because if we only talk about potential it automatically means they are meeting the potential they have.
Not so sure I've heard any comparisons to Puff or Sludge tbh. At the moment he's just a KID with a lot of natural pace and a good step. I agree that he needs a stack of work on his positional play and defence but I think that an offseason and some decent game time alongside Wade will do wonders. As for comparisons to Karl Filiga....yeah...nah.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not so sure I've heard any comparisons to Puff or Sludge tbh. At the moment he's just a KID with a lot of natural pace and a good step. I agree that he needs a stack of work on his positional play and defence but I think that an offseason and some decent game time alongside Wade will do wonders. As for comparisons to Karl Filiga....yeah...nah.

No, no I didn't say there were comparisons per se. I said that he is talked up like he is at that level. Rogers played for Australia and blitzed them remember.

Latest posts