What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Mr Spock!

Referee
So the bloke saying we should spend a million on a bloke in jail also thinks a bloke cutting up a half hearted reserve grade team will be a star, not unlike Corey Allen.

I saw some great individual tries in the u11s this year.

Doesn't mean they'll be nrl standard.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Just quickly on Latrell. I hope he's been advised properly about money, moving and the tax man.
If Latrell does sign for one million plus, he will get around half of that going into his bank only. Tax scales tilt favourable into the tax office with the money going up as we all should know. Chasing the bigger dollars could quite easily mean you join one of the lessor or bottom teams. That too might also mean kissing rep honours goodbye as well. With lessor players around him, could quite easily mean his work load doubles. And if it doesn't double, comes the calls he's not worth it and get rid of him etc. Staying at or going to an alreadied top class team could mean all the difference in career footy. Roosters, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Sea Eagles will again next year more than likely be the top four teams. Then the next line has Eels, Sharks, Tigers. It's going to be a big enough drop in class from the top line down to the next level. Anything after that would be too far down. If I was Latrell, I'd take the 800K to 1M pay cheque only and sign with a top four team. Chasing more than 1M will prove disastrous in more ways than one.

callmack1

Staff member
This is absolutely brilliant from Cody, love it!! It's exactly what I wanted to hear and it just goes to show that we can't believe everything we hear/read. The article is from Sporting News,

Cody Walker addresses contract rumours and media speculation

South Sydney Rabbitohs playmaker Cody Walker has taken to social media to address the intense speculation surrounding his playing future.

Reports have been circling over the past week suggesting Walker and his management team want considerably more money than what the Rabbitohs have offered.

In a statement published on his Instagram story, Walker moved to clear up some of the speculation and rumour.

"I just want to clear a few things up that's been reported over the last few days that's got no real truth to anything and or portrays me into being a greedy person," he wrote.

"People that know me know that I love playing footy for South Sydney and that's all I want to continue doing, not it's been reported that I have rejected a deal.

"For one, I have not received an official formal offer from Souths to consider and it's quite disappointing that the report basically tells me to pack my bags and be on my bike, there's no truth to the article.

"Now the other thing that's disappointing is this article opens me and my team @nolimit_aus up to unwarranted criticism, when all we have stated was that I wanted to work closely with Souths to get a deal done so that I can sort out my future.

"I've got no doubt that a deal will be sorted out with Souths and I'll stay but with the process that's taking place I've tried to stay as (quiet) as possible throughout it all but it's pretty hard when I'm just getting smashed left right and centre and basically feeling I have no real support but I know for a fact I have the best support network that I can ask for.

"We are always talking about mental health issues, it's one of the biggest killers in today's society so I just wanted to clear things up from my end.

"I just recently got my shoulder reco last Tuesday so I'm looking forward to getting back into pre season for a big (and) exciting 2020 season!"

callmack1

Staff member
The latest rumour from the Telegraph is that AJ is on the outer at Souths and may move to the Tigers. This would open up the door for us to sign Josh Addo-Carr for 2020 as he apparently wants to return home to Sydney.

With all the stuff that the media have been making up lately, who knows if that's true but it's certainly an interesting rumour.

Should we be concerned that a lot of outside backs are being linked with us and there are no forwards? The forward pack is the area we really need to focus on in my opinion as we're looking a bit weak there for 2020 as things stand.

ApexRabbitoh

Juniors
The latest rumour from the Telegraph is that AJ is on the outer at Souths and may move to the Tigers. This would open up the door for us to sign Josh Addo-Carr for 2020 as he apparently wants to return home to Sydney.

With all the stuff that the media have been making up lately, who knows if that's true but it's certainly an interesting rumour.

Should we be concerned that a lot of outside backs are being linked with us and there are no forwards? The forward pack is the area we really need to focus on in my opinion as we're looking a bit weak there for 2020 as things stand.

Yeah but we know Bennett.. doesn’t want to pay overs for a forward even though it’s Forwards who lay the platform.
Like someone said earlier, a dead cat knows we need forwards..

Peter Quinn

Juniors
This is absolutely brilliant from Cody, love it!! It's exactly what I wanted to hear and it just goes to show that we can't believe everything we hear/read. The article is from Sporting News,

Cody Walker addresses contract rumours and media speculation

South Sydney Rabbitohs playmaker Cody Walker has taken to social media to address the intense speculation surrounding his playing future.

Reports have been circling over the past week suggesting Walker and his management team want considerably more money than what the Rabbitohs have offered.

In a statement published on his Instagram story, Walker moved to clear up some of the speculation and rumour.

"I just want to clear a few things up that's been reported over the last few days that's got no real truth to anything and or portrays me into being a greedy person," he wrote.

"People that know me know that I love playing footy for South Sydney and that's all I want to continue doing, not it's been reported that I have rejected a deal.

"For one, I have not received an official formal offer from Souths to consider and it's quite disappointing that the report basically tells me to pack my bags and be on my bike, there's no truth to the article.

"Now the other thing that's disappointing is this article opens me and my team @nolimit_aus up to unwarranted criticism, when all we have stated was that I wanted to work closely with Souths to get a deal done so that I can sort out my future.

"I've got no doubt that a deal will be sorted out with Souths and I'll stay but with the process that's taking place I've tried to stay as (quiet) as possible throughout it all but it's pretty hard when I'm just getting smashed left right and centre and basically feeling I have no real support but I know for a fact I have the best support network that I can ask for.

"We are always talking about mental health issues, it's one of the biggest killers in today's society so I just wanted to clear things up from my end.

"I just recently got my shoulder reco last Tuesday so I'm looking forward to getting back into pre season for a big (and) exciting 2020 season!"
Cody won't go anywhere.

250excf

Juniors
Yeah but we know Bennett.. doesn’t want to pay overs for a forward even though it’s Forwards who lay the platform.
Like someone said earlier, a dead cat knows we need forwards..
I think Mr Bennett is stuck in a time capsule over 10 years back
The reality in the modern / current era is if your not willing to pay the big dollars :dollar: then u won’t have any decent forwards
Why on earth he thinks any gun forward will sign for shit money is laughable

Travitoh

First Grade
I think Mr Bennett is stuck in a time capsule over 10 years back
The reality in the modern / current era is if your not willing to pay the big dollars :dollar: then u won’t have any decent forwards
Why on earth he thinks any gun forward will sign for shit money is laughable

I feel Bennett's preference is to sign unknown/unproven forwards that he can develop into first grade players rather than sign a star forward on big money.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I feel Bennett's preference is to sign unknown/unproven forwards that he can develop into first grade players rather than sign a star forward on big money.
I think we will find its more than one making retention decisions. The Big say comes from Richo. If he wants a big name forward ,then that's what we will get.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Wayne Bennett isn't silly. He probably has forgotten more about league than we will ever know. Stay tuned, because I'm pretty certain the master coach has got something cooking and the meal will be served soon.

callmack1

Staff member
Wayne Bennett isn't silly. He probably has forgotten more about league than we will ever know. Stay tuned, because I'm pretty certain the master coach has got something cooking and the meal will be served soon.
Hope so. There'd better be something going on in the background.

Latest posts