What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube film critics/reviewers

nöyd

Staff member
Do you have any favourites? I usually stick with Chris Stuckmann, we are of similar age and tastes. He can be a little fanboi-ish sometimes, but who isn't.

f**king cannot stand Jeremy Jahns, and Ozzy Man was good for a chuckle with his GoT reviews, not sure he does movie reviews regularly though.

And if you like this, you can click right here, and get Stuckmannized...

axl rose

Bench
Can't stand Jeremy Jahns, no idea how he rose to prominence on youtube (perhaps got in early on the platform). He's almost worse than AngryJoe ,if that's possible.

Stuckmann is fine, though his videos are short. RedLetterMedia/Half in the Bag is my favourite as they are my age and generally nail it every time, especially the mostly forgettable comic book films.

Of the smaller channels,The Critical Drinker is worth a watch, Oliver Harper has some good content as well, especially his detailed retrospective reviews, if you are interested in the making of/behind the scenes of films.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Yeah I still really like the RedLetterMedia guys. They are generally the only people I trust for honest reviews.

Most of the other f**ks out there are either shills or are cashing in on fanboys.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Enjoy em while you can, looks like YouTube are about the join the social media purge against all those with wrong opinions

axl rose

Bench
Enjoy em while you can, looks like YouTube are about the join the social media purge against all those with wrong opinions
Even the most mildly conservative channels I followed have vanished/demonetised .Its been going on for awhile but they have really ramped the censorship up.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Not purely a movie review channel but No Bullshit and MechaRandom are worth a watch.

Any decent Australian reviewers out there?

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Not purely a movie review channel but No Bullshit and MechaRandom are worth a watch.
MechaRandom42 is a complete f**king moron.

She's part of the circle of idiots that includes Gary Buechler (Nerdrotic), Jeremy Griggs (Geeks+Gamers) and Dicktor Van Doomcock (Overlord DVD). All they do is whine about shit they've heard from supposed "insiders" at Disney and elsewhere, which never turns out to be true or has been greatly exaggerated. And Mecha is like the person at the end of the human centipede, squeezing out a shit that consists of shit she ate from the others. These f**kers are only reviewing shit that they have decided they're gonna hate well in advance of seeing it.

Take Mr. Robot, for instance. Gary Buechler loves it. Does it he review it at all? Nope. He's too busy reviewing Batwoman every Monday, which he was whining about from the moment the trailers appeared and knows that the show isn't made for him. Why the f**k did they review Unicorn Store except as a reason to whine about Brie Larson?

The other week they were all crying about Kathleen Kennedy supposedly desperately wanting Brie Larson to be in a Star Wars film. It's just a circle jerk of horseshit.

Midnight's Edge are on the periphery of these assholes, and while they are guilty of the same shit at times they do more informative videos and aren't perpetually whining about everything. Ethan Van Sciver, the world's most charming, elegant, eloquent and yet, humble man, also on the periphery of these assholes, is at least talented (he's a comic book artist who has worked for DC and Marvel) and has a great sense of humor.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Yeah i like Stuckmans stuff.... he seems consistent.

i know who I f**king hate.... Grace Randolph... she’s always f**king wrong... and her voice is annoying as f**k.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
MechaRandom42 is a complete f**king moron.

She's part of the circle of idiots that includes Gary Buechler (Nerdrotic), Jeremy Griggs (Geeks+Gamers) and Dicktor Van Doomcock (Overlord DVD). All they do is whine about shit they've heard from supposed "insiders" at Disney and elsewhere, which never turns out to be true or has been greatly exaggerated. And Mecha is like the person at the end of the human centipede, squeezing out a shit that consists of shit she ate from the others. These f**kers are only reviewing shit that they have decided they're gonna hate well in advance of seeing it.

Take Mr. Robot, for instance. Gary Buechler loves it. Does it he review it at all? Nope. He's too busy reviewing Batwoman every Monday, which he was whining about from the moment the trailers appeared and knows that the show isn't made for him. Why the f**k did they review Unicorn Store except as a reason to whine about Brie Larson?

The other week they were all crying about Kathleen Kennedy supposedly desperately wanting Brie Larson to be in a Star Wars film. It's just a circle jerk of horseshit.

Midnight's Edge are on the periphery of these assholes, and while they are guilty of the same shit at times they do more informative videos and aren't perpetually whining about everything. Ethan Van Sciver, the world's most charming, elegant, eloquent and yet, humble man, also on the periphery of these assholes, is at least talented (he's a comic book artist who has worked for DC and Marvel) and has a great sense of humor.
These blokes wouldn’t have a platform if Hollywood wasn’t so geniused.

Love the blokes from Cinemassacre. Just a bunch of friends having genuine fun with movies they like - not typically blockbusters either.

The Angry Video Game Nerd series they produce is dynamite too!

nöyd

Staff member
The name of the channel escapes me, but there is some aussie bloke claiming to explain the endings of popular films in the off chance that you did not understand or be able to follow them.

Dude just basically gives a point by point outline of the last act, I had to jump in on the comments section and state that "you ain't explaining shit! You're simply saying what happened, which is called a recap, or a synopsis, not a f**king explanation."

Got a few likes, walked away happy. Clickbaiting motherf**ker.