What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernard Sutton admits Roosters dudded thrice during Grand Final - according to Weidler

carcharias

Immortal
Absolutely. As in “I tried to kick it into the in goal but the post was in the way”.

No “eluding” here.

But the post is part of the field
It can’t be in the way.
Unless it’s in the wrong spot maybe.

lucky that didn’t happen.

carcharias

Immortal
Why do you have to be in the wrong spot to be in the way?

how can it be in the way if it’s meant to be there?

the answer is
It’s not in the way

the question is why are people still looking for excuses and reasons to blame the refs for the Raiders loss?

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
Haha
Mate it happened so quickly he didn’t even see the ball coming.
It was just a freaky accident.

How do you know why he was out there?
Blokes get injured right throughout the game.

I completely agree that it was a freak accident. However, watching the replay he wasn't treating any injury and given it was the 3rd minute of the game he shouldn't have needed to be giving water or individual directions to players therefore by the rules of the game as I have previously outlined he should not have been there for the freak accident to have happened in the first place.

Hopefully it is the wake up call that the nrl needed to either tweak the rule so that the team who's trainer is hit by the ball is not advantaged with a new set of 6, or and just as important start policing the rules and get the trainers off the field unless they are absolutely needed.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors

the answer is
It’s not in the way

the question is why are people still looking for excuses and reasons to blame the refs for the Raiders loss?

He is in the way because he shouldn't have been there and because he interferes with the game it really is a simple concept to get your head around. Much like if the player runs into the ref during play yes it is no fault of the ref and yes he needs to be on the field but it is his job not to interfere with the game and therefore he accidentally got in the way.

I haven't seen anyone looking for excuses or blaming the refs for the loss for a few weeks now this discussion isn't about excuses. This conversation only restarted because the Roosters wanted to try a play the victim and argue that they were dudded by the refs. This led to the discussion on the specific reasons on how this claim was such a stretch and was extended by your line of argument to suggest that the trainer didn't get in the way and had every right to be hit by the ball and subsequently interfere with the game and give the Roosters a huge advantage with an extra set of 6 even if it was a freak accident.

carcharias

Immortal
He is in the way because he shouldn't have been there and because he interferes with the game it really is a simple concept to get your head around. Much like if the player runs into the ref during play yes it is no fault of the ref and yes he needs to be on the field but it is his job not to interfere with the game and therefore he accidentally got in the way.

I haven't seen anyone looking for excuses or blaming the refs for the loss for a few weeks now this discussion isn't about excuses. This conversation only restarted because the Roosters wanted to try a play the victim and argue that they were dudded by the refs. This led to the discussion on the specific reasons on how this claim was such a stretch and was extended by your line of argument to suggest that the trainer didn't get in the way and had every right to be hit by the ball and subsequently interfere with the game and give the Roosters a huge advantage with an extra set of 6 even if it was a freak accident.

yeah but you blokes want a different outcome to the rule.
That’s the bit you can’t get your head around.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
yeah but you blokes want a different outcome to the rule.
That’s the bit you can’t get your head around.

Not going to change the outcome of the grand final but going forward the rules should be enforced in terms of getting the trainers off the field as the rules already state.

In addition a tweak to an outdated rule is also the right outcome even if it means the Raiders don't get an extra set of 6 if the situation was going the opposition way.

No team should be advantaged by the ball hitting their own trainer period.

SBD82

Coach

the answer is
It’s not in the way

This is either the dryest trolling I’ve ever seen, or you are the dumbest merkin in the history of LU.

carcharias

Immortal
This is either the dryest trolling I’ve ever seen, or you are the dumbest merkin in the history of LU.
You’re entire argument is the bloke was in the wrong place
When he wasn’t
The rules are the rules.
The ref played the to the rules

you don’t like the rule

bad luck

It was the arsiest unlucky ricochet charge down in grand history

having a go at the trainer is pathetic.

SBD82

Coach
When he wasn’t
The rules are the rules.

you don’t like the rule

bad luck

Dumbmerkin it is huh?

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
When he wasn’t
The rules are the rules.

you don’t like the rule

bad luck

Did you read the rules I posted yesterday you constantly say he is allowed to be there(he can't) you claim the rules are the rules but he was not following the rules. Pretty simple really.

carcharias

Immortal
According to the NRL rules: “Where play is irregularly affected in the field of play, the referee shall restart play with a scrum with the attacking team to receive the loose head and feed.”

This is it.
Nothing more than less.
If the dude had got “in the way “ of a set move or a standard play you could argue against it.

this was irregular.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
What did it say about the ball hitting a trainer?
It said the trainer shouldn't have been on the field in the first place. If he was on the bench as the rules state he should have been then the incident doesn't happen.

I am not arguing that the rule was applied incorrectly as it was technically correct assuming you ignore the fact the rules state he shouldn't have been there. My argument is that the rule needs to be tweaked so that the team who's trainer accidentally interferes with the flow of the game is not advantaged (the rule is outdated and was written at a time when trainers weren't camped on the field) Simple solution if it hits your trainer it is a handover responsibility is on the trainer to not get hit by the ball or his team looses the ball.

In addition the nrl should police their own rules and get them off the field once they have carried out their duty.

You like to go on saying the rules are the rules but then you contradict yourself by selectively ignoring the other rules that disprove your standpoint.

Latest posts