What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Really disagree with this. We have huge holes in our backline, we need to be on the front foot. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing huge amount of money around, but we can’t just wait and hope. We’ll have close to the worst centres in the comp next year.

Yep I understand what you're saying. The pickings aren't super great though.

OldPanther

Coach
You're pretty pathetic to be honest.
This is nothing about me at all. This is a site for discussion about the Panthers, and as I said, I'll say it the way I see it, If you bother to look back you will see the likes I have put on other peoples comments, some talk a lot of sense, you?...not too often. As for old fella's attempt at journalism, its amateur at its best, so I am entitled to my opinion.

I don't care if someone likes my content. Each to their own. You're just not offering anything other than talking shit about the people here. At least give something of substance. Plenty of people have been negative about choices the club or coaches have made in the past but offer alternatives or explain what's wrong and why.

maple_69

Bench
God Is I can’t imagine anyone has worse centres than us. Then again we are in an age of average centres and it’s not a position that is emphasised in the modern game.

In saying that I have a fair bit of faith in our forward prospects doing the job so would be happy to see the club proactively create more space (flip Whare/Mansour) to bring in the right back. Gua certainly would have.

Otherwise we really need to pick off some good prospects that are looking for their shot and hope one sticks.

Crashtest

Juniors
Really disagree with this. We have huge holes in our backline, we need to be on the front foot. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing huge amount of money around, but we can’t just wait and hope. We’ll have close to the worst centres in the comp next year.

Agree in theory, the trouble is if you look at the list for available players for 2020, scratch M Jennings who has reportedly agreed to a 2 year extension, there are no decent centres on it. I’d prefer to go into 2020 with Naden and Crichton, with Whare as back up, than sign someone like Aaron Gray or Benko Lee.

I’d prefer they wait a bit longer and see if someone like Morris gets shopped to clubs for next season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't care if someone likes my content. Each to their own. You're just not offering anything other than talking shit about the people here. At least give something of substance. Plenty of people have been negative about choices the club or coaches have made in the past but offer alternatives or explain what's wrong and why.

Exactly. Plenty on here don't agree but say this is how it is better or have figures to say why. Some are just trolls

franklin2323

Immortal

Yes but only rumours that x player is going to be let go. I'd take Aekin, Lomax, Morris etc but atm none are available.

So we either go ahead and fill the holes now or wait

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree in theory, the trouble is if you look at the list for available players for 2020, scratch M Jennings who has reportedly agreed to a 2 year extension, there are no decent centres on it. I’d prefer to go into 2020 with Naden and Crichton, with Whare as back up, than sign someone like Aaron Gray or Benko Lee.

I’d prefer they wait a bit longer and see if someone like Morris gets shopped to clubs for next season.

This is how I see it too rather wait then waste it on guys no better then we have now

Dave's mate

Juniors

Exactly how I see it. The panic to buy anyone available is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.