What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Mik gave it to me with some gloves.
Said I should keep it in my shed.

I saw a gardening show on the ABC where this merkin gets horns off a bull's head (they did not provide the gory details), fills the horns up with cow/bull shit and buries them in the garden for a period.

Then when he digs them up the stuff inside is some sort of organic fertilizer on steroids.

Mik's turds might work too ?

Gronk

Staff member
I have a mate who is overseas at the moment. He is a nice fellah but is a huge alcoholic binge drinker and always gets himself in the shit. Can’t stand him when he is drunk.

I’ve tried to help him but I can’t. He’s just keeps making the wrong decisions and always when he is drunk. Even when he is sober he can’t be told and won’t talk about it what the latest f**k up was. Last night it came to a head over something innocuous. I think I may cut him loose. He is so f**king draining.
Good advice mate, thank you.

Some of the decisions he has made is mind boggling. I warn him, he gets the shits. He goes against my advice, does it and extreme shit happens as I predicted.

Last night he wanted to give advice to a mutual mate who is a top bloke with a young family. I told him to stay out of it and he accused me of being a know it all. I basically told him to fix his own shit before giving advice to others. I may of also told him to get f**ked. He accused me of not respecting him. He is right, I don’t and I told him that he is a self inflicted alcohol dependent train wreck. It worked a treat.

Massive monkey off my back.

It sounds like he has an alcohol addiction and an acceptance problem. Sadly he will continue to lose friends over this, probably until he hits rock bottom. Narcissistic personality disorder often goes hand in hand with substance addiction. Pretty hard to deal with an addiction when it's a) not a problem and b) everyone else's fault.

I lost my best mate ever from alcoholism. Horrible disease. He was the opposite of a narcissist. Was the sweetest guy. Grog made him lose his house in Sydney, job, partner and ending up dying alone in Brisbane from organ failure at age 40. I used to talk to him every week and he'd tell me how good he was going. That he was a year clean and loving his new life with a big (hydraulic engineering) firm in Brisvegas. When they found his body the house was full of 100's of empty vodka bottles. He was much loved by all even to the point that the engineering firm started a scholarship named after him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds like the guy I knew. It was always someone else fault. Never had an alcohol problem. So he was a narcissist?
I just thought he was a tosser.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
3g6nep.jpg