What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule changes you'd like to see for next season

Someguy

First Grade
I’d like to see a rule that you can’t change the rules unless ratified by the rlif and adopted by every country. Same game played to the same rules, this would be novel.

3 point penalty goals, might take out some the deliberate penalties to reset the defensive line

unforgiven

Bench
I’d like to see a rule that you can’t change the rules unless ratified by the rlif and adopted by every country. Same game played to the same rules, this would be novel.
The way it is now is the way it has been for 110 years, that is how our game evolved from Rugby Union!

Springs09

Juniors

And for all rules minus rules relying on tech (bunker) to be implemented game-wide, from U16s bush footy to NRL.

If you kick the ball into the in-goal area, it's a tap on the 20m line.

No. Go away.

T-Boon

Coach
If there is one set of rules for all levels it should be England in charge of them and the NRL should have as close to no say as possible. NRL folk have a terrible idea of how the game should be played and refereed.

Get rid of conversions and drop-goals, 4 points for a try, 2 for a penalty. Might reduce the number of penalties given away, especially close to the posts.

If there is one set of rules for all levels it should be England in charge of them and the NRL should have as close to no say as possible. NRL folk have a terrible idea of how the game should be played and refereed.
I think Robert Elstone has opinions quite close to mine, so i wouldn't mind that.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Sniper in the grandstand for advancing off the mark in the play the ball.
If you will allow the sniper to expand their role, can they also be used to take out non players and officials who look like they are going to get in the way of the ball - trainers, streakers, etc.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Nothing too serious but I think the coaches should be able to do a coaches call similar to the NFL. Refs regularly get things wrong and it's cost many teams this year.
Problem is that coaches never see the controversial incidents during a game... have you seen them at the press conference?

Journo: "crackle, crackle, mumble, mumble, crackle, mumble".
What journo actually said but for the rubbish audio setup: " What did you think of your player biting the opposition fullback's ear".
Coach: "It's not his go and I didn't see that incident during the game, but I'll be looking at the tape later tonight".