What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
Are we going to sign anyone Right now our current squad is bottom 4 .The forward pack we have will get smashed by every other team .I always believe every year we will win the lot .But last year we struggled to win any game .
Our squad is weaker by a long way .The one pass one pass run kick on the last will get us demolished with this squad

John Hamblin

Juniors
Are we going to sign anyone Right now our current squad is bottom 4 .The forward pack we have will get smashed by every other team .I always believe every year we will win the lot .But last year we struggled to win any game .
Our squad is weaker by a long way .The one pass one pass run kick on the last will get us demolished with this squad

'I don't AGREE . I think you are OVERLY pessimistic. I have been a supporter since 1967. I have seen a lot worse teams in my time. show some FAITH . I have a lot of time for our coach and we will better than last year. If our team and coaching staff were as NEGATIVE as you we are going nowhere, I will be backing the Panthers with by hard earned cash to make the playoffs. We have a great group of younger players and I don't expect us to win the comp but remember 2003!!!!!!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
'I don't AGREE . I think you are OVERLY pessimistic. I have been a supporter since 1967. I have seen a lot worse teams in my time. show some FAITH . I have a lot of time for our coach and we will better than last year. If our team and coaching staff were as NEGATIVE as you we are going nowhere, I will be backing the Panthers with by hard earned cash to make the playoffs. We have a great group of younger players and I don't expect us to win the comp but remember 2003!!!!!!

Can I stand and cheer loudly. Thanks John.

betcats

Referee

I believe Murray has been a long term sufferer(fan) like yourself but I love the positivity!

BxTom

Bench
I have been a supporter since 1966. Yes, 1966. The year that my father, then boss of the local Drum Majorettes was approached by Panthers to supply marching girls/cheer squad for games. It didn't happen because when it was put to the parents, they said no.

The point of that statement? Being a supporter for a long time doesn't make your opinion any better than anyone else's.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I have been a supporter since 1966. Yes, 1966. The year that my father, then boss of the local Drum Majorettes was approached by Panthers to supply marching girls/cheer squad for games. It didn't happen because when it was put to the parents, they said no.

The point of that statement? Being a supporter for a long time doesn't make your opinion any better than anyone else's.
I TOTALLY agree but think about life in general where does NEGATIVITY get you

franklin2323

Immortal

I must be the only one but I hope we wait longer. Each day that passes is one day closer to fire sales at other clubs. Will stretch the cap space further.

No way this is the squad come round 1

BxTom

Bench
I TOTALLY agree but think about life in general where does NEGATIVITY get you
No improvement will ever happen if problems are not identified and constructively acted upon. Complaining about about a bad situation is not a bad thing in itself, as long as it is supported by constructive support (criticism). The only form of negativity I really don't like is the "if you don't agree with me you're a <insert insult here>" types. Just arrogance and stupidity.

Tom.

Dave's mate

Juniors

The same pack that easily marched up field all last year?

mxlegend99

Referee
Murray is right. This team is weaker than it was in 2019. Personally I dont think any of the available signings could improve it much either. Not with how many areas we weakened. Some would a bit. But not to the point where they're the difference between a few ladder spots. Almost be better off sitting on the cap space waiting for someone who can make a difference

Call it being PESSIMISTIC if you want. I look at it as being REALISTIC. This is the WEAKEST roster we have had in some time.

I've usually optimistically thought we had a top 4 side with the right coach. Hook scraped it into the 8 every season and we rarely played to our potential But for 2020 we need a lot more than that. We need stars to align injury wise, rookies to have breakout seasons and we need some of our more experienced guys to all have career best seasons... and we need our vets to find form that has evaded them since injury. If Mansour and Whare are permanently in our 17. We need 2014 Whare and 2016 Mansour.

The squad we have would be overachieving to scrape into the 8 IMO. But even that isnt good enough since we did that for 3 years under Hook and were supposed to be looking at taking the next step. We should be top 4 pushing for a premiership.

betcats

Referee
I think Maloney out and api in will improve our spine. Having an actual nrl quality hooker will be huge and if Cleary can continue his form from late last year we will be better off for sure, we have two great replacements for Jimmy on the books.

Our backs will be better off because guys like Too, Naden and Crichton will actually have a full offseason as first graders with the squad plus I’m very hopeful Dylan won’t play like he’s got zero confidence again.

Our forwards might not be better but why will they be worse? Because of the loss of rcg? A bench prop? Lol no. We have added quality young guys like spencer and Burns to the mix as well as hopefully Blore and Heathro. When fish is back I could see the forwards being better also. Kiks and Yeo, two key pieces played busted last year.

We almost made the 8 this year and we didn’t start trying till after round ten, I don’t see us dropping into the bottom four because of Jimmy and rcg going, I see potential for improvement everywhere in the side and I am expecting a lot of it.

OldPanther

Coach
Murray is right. This team is weaker than it was in 2019. Personally I dont think any of the available signings could improve it much either. Not with how many areas we weakened. Some would a bit. But not to the point where they're the difference between a few ladder spots. Almost be better off sitting on the cap space waiting for someone who can make a difference

Call it being PESSIMISTIC if you want. I look at it as being REALISTIC. This is the WEAKEST roster we have had in some time.

I've usually optimistically thought we had a top 4 side with the right coach. Hook scraped it into the 8 every season and we rarely played to our potential But for 2020 we need a lot more than that. We need stars to align injury wise, rookies to have breakout seasons and we need some of our more experienced guys to all have career best seasons... and we need our vets to find form that has evaded them since injury. If Mansour and Whare are permanently in our 17. We need 2014 Whare and 2016 Mansour.

The squad we have would be overachieving to scrape into the 8 IMO. But even that isnt good enough since we did that for 3 years under Hook and were supposed to be looking at taking the next step. We should be top 4 pushing for a premiership.
I think Maloney out and api in will improve our spine. Having an actual nrl quality hooker will be huge and if Cleary can continue his form from late last year we will be better off for sure, we have two great replacements for Jimmy on the books.

Our backs will be better off because guys like Too, Naden and Crichton will actually have a full offseason as first graders with the squad plus I’m very hopeful Dylan won’t play like he’s got zero confidence again.

Our forwards might not be better but why will they be worse? Because of the loss of rcg? A bench prop? Lol no. We have added quality young guys like spencer and Burns to the mix as well as hopefully Blore and Heathro. When fish is back I could see the forwards being better also. Kiks and Yeo, two key pieces played busted last year.

We almost made the 8 this year and we didn’t start trying till after round ten, I don’t see us dropping into the bottom four because of Jimmy and rcg going, I see potential for improvement everywhere in the side and I am expecting a lot of it.

I think both of these are correct. The payer market is a dry as a nuns well you know. Our biggest hope is that these young guys are a step up from the old juniors in how we develop now and that Hetherington becomes the player he showed once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.