What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Hall vs Paul Gallen

ram raid

Bench
Has anybody ordered this?

Hall is a very TALL man.

The winner is to fight SBW for 2 million, apparently.

ram raid

Bench
I thought it was fairly even however the ref kept letting Hall lay all over him and slow down the fight. Danny Green wanted Hall to win something chronic.

The unknown

Juniors
I thought it was fairly even however the ref kept letting Hall lay all over him and slow down the fight. Danny Green wanted Hall to win something chronic.

They helped Hall out so much it was obvious, 2 min rounds, the constant hugging etc

Guess the bookies won lol

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Gallen is a disgrace to Rugby League footy.

Couldn't knock out a handbag thrower in his first fight. And then carried on like a prize wanker afterwards.

Send him to the knackery and get the ABC to provide the footage please.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Ive always seen Hall as a peahearted coward but he did ok, still lost the fight easy. Grabbed and clinched his way to the end and only the 2min rounds saved him

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
2 blokes that have no business being in a professional boxing ring.

Glad I took the draw at $17, neither of them won that fight

axl rose

Bench
75341000_985211941812494_6796359964337111040_n.jpg

Wizardman

First Grade
While I was disappointed with the decision initially (plus had money on a Gallen win), I thought a draw was the right result. Gallen moved forward but Hall landed the cleaner punches and handled himself very well in countering and moving backwards. Very shocked with how well Hall fought......definitely looks like he could have made a fist of boxing as a career. I thought Hall won it after the final round....but fairly content with a drawn result.....definitely no robbery

T-Boon

Coach
Gallen is such a loser. Until now every League player has always beaten his AFL opponent in the ring. Then Gallen goes and screws that. This Barry guy had never had a fight and he is 50 odd years old.

ram raid

Bench
While I was disappointed with the decision initially (plus had money on a Gallen win), I thought a draw was the right result. Gallen moved forward but Hall landed the cleaner punches and handled himself very well in countering and moving backwards. Very shocked with how well Hall fought......definitely looks like he could have made a fist of boxing as a career. I thought Hall won it after the final round....but fairly content with a drawn result.....definitely no robbery

I'm going to have to watch it again with the volume down. I might have been influenced by Danny Green yelling "WHAT A SHOT BY BARRY HALL!!" constantly. Actually, I don't care enough to watch it again, but if I did, that's what I would do.

Gallen is such a loser. Until now every League player has always beaten his AFL opponent in the ring. Then Gallen goes and screws that. This Barry guy had never had a fight and he is 50 odd years old.

I doubt anybody with an IQ over 90 really cares that much about these inter-code boxing matches in the context of a 'code war'

ram raid

Bench
Haha yeah I hear that. I shelled out hundreds of dollars for tickets to the Danny Green vs Roy Jones Jr fight years ago.

Hadn't even sipped my beer and it was time to head home

You got way better value than the poor f**kers who bought Green vs Paul Briggs !

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Shame this guy wont be getting a crack at Gallen now...

(Manu was diagnosed with a brain cyst and cant box again, although its benign)