What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Juniors
I have a lot of faith in our guys. Me personally I just want to know what the idea is going forward. If they plan to turn these guys into a premiership force over the next 2 years that's cool I'm just curious what the philosophy of the new hierarchy is.
If you really want to know try emailing Matt Cameron and ask him, you never know he might respond, if you don’t try you’ll never find out

OldPanther

Coach
If you really want to know try emailing Matt Cameron and ask him, you never know he might respond, if you don’t try you’ll never find out

I might actually email the club. Doubt they'll say anything but worth a shot. Maybe they'll appreciate someone who isn't looking to shit on the club like most journos.

franklin2323

Immortal
I must be the only one here not concerned about our roster, sure it would be great to have players like Mitchell or Scott but if they don’t come I’m more than happy with our team as it is

I agree long term. The edges look like problems atleast defensively this season but once a few guys get settled could be great players

franklin2323

Immortal
I have a lot of faith in our guys. Me personally I just want to know what the idea is going forward. If they plan to turn these guys into a premiership force over the next 2 years that's cool I'm just curious what the philosophy of the new hierarchy is.

twice in 4 years u18's have won the National Championship. 6 players in SOO u20's not sure it has been done before plenty to be excited about with the kids. Sadly it is not a given they kick on...If they do then club will look like genius if not then fools.

Bob

Juniors
I agree long term. The edges look like problems atleast defensively this season but once a few guys get settled could be great players
I think a lot of people are forgetting May will be back in the side, I’d like to see Tyrone start as left centre as he’s played there before, Naden to left wing, Crichton to right centre with Too, front row rotation of JFH with Hetherington and Tamou with Leota
Kicks, Burns, Martin, Yeo, to share back row, Koroisau and Kenny hooker, Cleary and Burton in the halves, sorry but Jerome doesn’t do it for me as a starting 5/8

OldPanther

Coach
I think a lot of people are forgetting May will be back in the side, I’d like to see Tyrone start as left centre as he’s played there before, Naden to left wing, Crichton to right centre with Too, front row rotation of JFH with Hetherington and Tamou with Leota
Kicks, Burns, Martin, Yeo, to share back row, Koroisau and Kenny hooker, Cleary and Burton in the halves, sorry but Jerome doesn’t do it for me as a starting 5/8

May will only be back if found not guilty. It's not a foregone conclusion.

franklin2323

Immortal

I too prefer Burton but either one is very raw and likely won't have an exprienced centre outside them and one of the edge backrowers is raw too. May is a good idea would give some sort of an idea how to read plays. Hetherington making the next step would be a nice bonus to push Yeo out to the edge

Bob

Juniors
May will only be back if found not guilty. It's not a foregone conclusion.
Nothing in life is a foregone conclusion, but I think he will get off or at worst a community service order, I don’t think the nrl can suspend him any more as he’s had a 12 month suspension already,

hindy111

Post Whore
It might sound silly but if cleared Jarryd Hayne would still offer more then anyone of your backs and would be dirt cheap. No more then 350k.
Certainly worth a shot.

OldPanther

Coach
Something we also have to be mindful of. We here are the crazy people who spend way too much time over thinking these things. We're not like the casuals who look at Facebook once a week to see the football news.

OldPanther

Coach
Nothing in life is a foregone conclusion, but I think he will get off or at worst a community service order, I don’t think the nrl can suspend him any more as he’s had a 12 month suspension already,

If found guilty I'm pretty sure he won't be registered by the NRL.

Crashtest

Juniors
I must be the only one here not concerned about our roster, sure it would be great to have players like Mitchell or Scott but if they don’t come I’m more than happy with our team as it is

I share your views, as I think there is a lot to be positive about next season. Even if there are no more external signings, I still think they will make the 8 in 2020.

I'd still prefer they add an experienced centre and forward, but not if it means paying overs to get them. Prefer they focus recruitment on 2021 if they cant get the right player at the right price for 2020.

Bob

Juniors
It might sound silly but if cleared Jarryd Hayne would still offer more then anyone of your backs and would be dirt cheap. No more then 350k.
Certainly worth a shot.
Maybe he can go back to parramatta, he can take Blake’s spot as he is out for 6 months with a shoulder reconstruction and it takes a good year to get the confidence back

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe he can go back to parramatta, he can take Blake’s spot as he is out for 6 months with a shoulder reconstruction and it takes a good year to get the confidence back

Blake's always injured. He will be back rnd 2 or 3.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts