What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hold the women’s competition in summer

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do a duckduckgo for game stats for the womens comp & see how you go.

All I was saying was that Ruan had more than one thing in common with Artie. Or would it have been better if I had said that she's unable to play 30 minutes each half because she's really fat?

You must be a really good judge of character; no, I'm not a "f**kwit" at all. Thanks for noticing.

[Note to self. Ignore comments from admin .... unless I'm in the mood to be insulted]
:neutral_face:

Not really sure what a "do a duckduckgo" means, but NRL.com's match centre for the game was fairly easy to access and contains plenty of stats on each game for both players and teams.

And a previous post even appears to have given you a direct link to it, more than half an hour before your post where you shifted the goalposts because you were clearly proven wrong.

I don't even know where to begin with your ludicrous suggestion a front rower (let alone one in her retiring game) should be playing 100% of the match.

Dakink

Bench
Weird. Do some fellas have their masuclinity threatened by women playing the game?

So if a men's front rower only plays 50% of the game that's ok?

Thanks for helping establish the women's game Ruan.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unprovoked insults from an admin no less. Great example that you set for the rest of us champ.
Haha. Sook. Look, I'm not your school teacher and this isn't a kindergarten. Too easy to tell you to grow up.
And thanks for leading me to waste 30 minutes trying to find stats on the nrlw that barely exist.
30 minutes? That's either painfully slow or you're exaggerating (again). Took me less than a few minutes. It's on the NRL website... oh yes, that's definitely hidden away. lol.

I was also at the game, so I already had a pretty good idea. But I did take that few minutes to check my facts before posting, unlike yourself.

According to the Easts website, Ruan Sims played for 28 minutes in her last game against St. George.
Yes, and you said she barely played for 10 minutes per half. So just admit that got it wrong.
Not what I saw so yeah, there's some more "bullshit" for you. [No, I can't be bothered to watch a replay even if it was available just to prove a point with someone who seems to have got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning; or is this your usual charming disposition?]
No champ, you got it wrong. My usual disposition is hardly relevant to your mistakes.

Maybe they were embarrassed & felt the need to include the time that Sims spent on the field rather than the actual game clock?
None-the-less, even at the claimed 28 minutes [14 minutes per half according to Easts] she still can't avoid comparisons to "Half-a-game Artie". By the looks of her Ruan also enjoys more than a few meat pies, lol.
But I suppose you also consider that "bullshit"?
Of course it's all bullshit... on a few levels. I'll ask again, what do you hope to achieve by making this stuff up?

T-Boon

Coach
Weird. Do some fellas have their masuclinity threatened by women playing the game?

I don't know but not me.
The only complaint I have about the WNRL is that it is a big reminder that women tend to be followers not leaders.
I mean since the competition is new why not start the league with sensible rules for women. If they were starting the men's game again no way would they have a "scrum" or play in footy shorts.
The only change women seem to have made is 40/20 to 40/30.
I bet the WNRL just follows all the same rule changes that the NRL comes up with over the next few years rather than getting out in front and making the sensible rule changes first like leaders should do.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

So if a men's front rower only plays 50% of the game that's ok?

Thanks for helping establish the women's game Ruan.
You've hit the nail on the head. I recently spoke to a former Jillaroo about this very subject. She said she has heard all the jibes and put downs before and unfortunately the women are used to it.

Dakink

Bench
You've hit the nail on the head. I recently spoke to a former Jillaroo about this very subject. She said she has heard all the jibes and put downs before and unfortunately the women are used to it.

Mate

I have 4 daughters who all love the Dragons (yup we are all glutton for punishment) and we all love the womens game.

Don't get me wrong the male players work damn hard and deserve the money and accolades, however I firmly believe the women work just as hard, if not more so, as they face challenges that the man have never had to deal with. Yes women's sport doesn't have the prestige or crowds -yet- however I see the ladies game as a massive source of potential. The games are so enjoyable as they are unscripted. We know how most men's teams are going to play, the women are more raw and honest in their play. I love it. The wankers that want to run them down can just get f**ked.

Dakink

Bench
I don't know but not me.
The only complaint I have about the WNRL is that it is a big reminder that women tend to be followers not leaders.
I mean since the competition is new why not start the league with sensible rules for women. If they were starting the men's game again no way would they have a "scrum" or play in footy shorts.
The only change women seem to have made is 40/20 to 40/30.
I bet the WNRL just follows all the same rule changes that the NRL comes up with over the next few years rather than getting out in front and making the sensible rule changes first like leaders should do.
Unfortunately mate, I struggle to take you seriously due to your history of stupid ideas and loonie thoughts. Of course they should have the same rules. Guess you would rather the lingerie league :middle_finger::middle_finger:

Dakink

Bench
I get being progressive and all but sorry one would have to be sub normal not to compare it to men. People have their frames of reference.
I must be sub normal. I don't watch a women's game and compare them to the men. My frame of reference is other women's games. I compare apples with apples....not oranges.

Totally agree with this. it would get a huge viewership if it was on in the summer. the hit and giggle circlet is as boring as bat shite and the aussie soccer comp is the most unwatched program on television ever.

There is a real market to watch the girls go around in summer without any real competition.

Totally agree with this. it would get a huge viewership if it was on in the summer. the hit and giggle circlet is as boring as bat shite and the aussie soccer comp is the most unwatched program on television ever.

There is a real market to watch the girls go around in summer without any real competition.

Actual footy instead of players being idiots of waiting for Smith to retire?!

You’d have play night games, as it can be a bit hot during the day.

Not good for the players health.

The girls origin was fine. A couple of them love the biff I think. All good. Some of our guys are going for f**king oscars every match.