What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

MomoMud

Juniors
My son follows the worms.
This is Just another reason to hate them that little bit more.
God with that whomp Moses and this pussy and them facing a harder draw next year ..... they just might be heading back to the bottom ...... where they belong.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
The club came out very quickly and told us he was not going anywhere without something in the deal for us.

Well guys time to reveal what we are getting out of this deal. Surely it’s stitched up or you would not have released him. Be very disappointing if there is no deal. I for one is getting a tad nervous what’s happening at Camp Concord
I'm hoping its just the fact that our coach is tied up atm on international duties, hopefully there'll be some movement when he returns. Notice apart from Sam retiring that not much is happening at the bunnies either, and they also have money to spend.

Tigerm

First Grade
The club came out very quickly and told us he was not going anywhere without something in the deal for us.

Well guys time to reveal what we are getting out of this deal. Surely it’s stitched up or you would not have released him. Be very disappointing if there is no deal. I for one is getting a tad nervous what’s happening at Camp Concord
I think we ended up OK out of this, we have a shit load of $'s in our pocket now and can basically buy anyone we want, just hope they are good ones.

I’m quite happy for the WT and Madge to have a dick h##d free policy, it’s refreshing to see someone like Rowdy giving back to the game unselfishly ,while others carry on like they are some type of victim that have been hard done by, which if anything is usually by their own doing.

chiefy1

Juniors
I’m quite happy for the WT and Madge to have a dick h##d free policy, it’s refreshing to see someone like Rowdy giving back to the game unselfishly ,while others carry on like they are some type of victim that have been hard done by, which if anything is usually by their own doing.

Gee there must have been 17 dick heads.

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Moses
8. Lodge
9. Marshall-King
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Matterson
13. Brown
14. Papenhuyzen
15. Te'o
16. Woods
17 fifita

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Moses
8. Lodge
9. Marshall-King
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Matterson
13. Brown
14. Papenhuyzen
15. Te'o
16. Woods
Yep 1, 3, 7, 8, and 16

Vic Mackey

Referee

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Moses
8. Lodge
9. Marshall-King
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Matterson
13. Brown
14. Papenhuyzen
15. Te'o
16. Woods

Lol I’d take 6 of them back

How about Parras list of releasing players then buying them back for x4 what they initially had them on? :joy:

WA Tiger

Bench
Meh.. Matto is an upgraded Curtis Sirro..
Once he loses a bit of pace he is just another 2nd rower running at the line.
The offload etc will mean f**k all if u cant break the line down the track, in saying that he hogged the ball most of those line breaks and butchered tries anyway.
Great for us because we are shit , but in the scheme of great players he was very good for what we were paying for him and not worth any more.. so cya dickhead you did us a favour.
What off loads

WA Tiger

Bench

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Suli
4. Marsters
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Moses
8. Lodge
9. Marshall-King
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Matterson
13. Brown
14. Papenhuyzen
15. Te'o
16. Woods
...You missed the point of the post and that was an important message. It may not resonate with you.You could have been open to it’s meaning but you just wanna come out with this stuff....I admire your effort though

Rhyno

First Grade
Lol I’d take 6 of them back

How about Parras list of releasing players then buying them back for x4 what they initially had them on? :joy:
Paulo was released because of our salary cap drama in 2016 and Matterson left thinking he was a 5/8 and came back a 2ndrower on a average wage 500k not like he is being over payed

what other players have parra bought back on big money in the last decade (willie Tonga was close to retirement)

name who else would make the list

WA Tiger

Bench
Matterson left thinking he was a 5/8 and came back a 2ndrower
Point is Matterson ups and leaves clubs for no reason...or the wrong reason Don’t forget next year he’s got a health and safety clause in his contract saying he can’t be pushed too hard at training ....either that or you guys will find a way to hit the wall again for no apparent reason with a wealth of talent on the field...That would head Fk any supporter.You guys do seem a bit unhinged jumping on our space like u do...I just can’t see what u get out of it...Thats just me though.

Last edited:

MomoMud

Juniors
Paulo was released because of our salary cap drama in 2016 and Matterson left thinking he was a 5/8 and came back a 2ndrower on a average wage 500k not like he is being over payed

what other players have parra bought back on big money in the last decade (willie Tonga was close to retirement)

name who else would make the list

Boy you seem to be spending lots of hours on this forum.
Must be slow over in the slums of the west.

My son follows the worms.
This is Just another reason to hate them that little bit more.
God with that whomp Moses and this pussy and them facing a harder draw next year ..... they just might be heading back to the bottom ...... where they belong.

You mean the young bloke that happens to share your surname that used to be your son?

Great player, f**ken annoyed he pulled the stunt he did. Must have been other motives, must really have had an issue with the training or some such, you don't torch your reputation for $75K extra a year.

Congratulations also are in order to Matterson for his contract with Easts, starting 2021.