What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyson dragons next captain .

J.moz

Juniors
Dragons need to sign him on a 4 year deal and to lead the team as our next captain .Blues and Australian super star player should be rewarded a real saint on and off the field.

BLM01

First Grade
Na..The refs would not take him seriously. He would hardly question or rev up another player let alone whinge to the ref.
Love him as a whole hearted player....I just wish that Mary would take his head out of the sand and play him like the Blues & Roos do running into holes around the edges off creative inside / outside plays.
Then again Mary with his head in the sand is not a bad thing as no one can hear him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Na..The refs would not take him seriously. He would hardly question or rev up another player let alone whinge to the ref.
Love him as a whole hearted player....I just wish that Mary would take his head out of the sand and play him like the Blues & Roos do running into holes around the edges off creative inside / outside plays.
Then again Mary with his head in the sand is not a bad thing as no one can hear him.
Are you serious?

Of course the refs would take him seriously..

Tyson’s well known for never letting the refs stand in his way..

He’ll happily take them on, even if it costs him time on the sideline..

images

BLM01

First Grade
Are you serious?

Of course the refs would take him seriously..

Tyson’s well known for never letting the refs stand in his way..

He’ll happily take them on, even if it costs him time on the sideline..

images
Yeh he is so nice he apologised and touched him lightly. Tyson should of shoved him out of the way...same result..and then kicked him while he was down and then trod on his melon.
Thats a sign of the captain we need.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeh he is so nice he apologised and touched him lightly. Tyson should of shoved him out of the way...same result..and then kicked him while he was down and then trod on his melon.
Thats a sign of the captain we need.
Well that’s an awfully violent response to a satirical post..

getsmarty

Immortal
The Dragons need a new captain. Cameron McInnes would be ‘honoured’ to take over
Dragons
pamela_whaley.jpg

• November 21, 2019 4:40pm
  • Pamela Whaley@pamelawhaley
  • Source: AAP
a8c26fe5cf2a283050327afe549b9a36

Cameron McInnes would be “honoured” to take over as Dragons captain.Source: Getty Images
St George Illawarra hooker Cameron McInnes is a diehard club man and would be “honoured” to take over as skipper of the NRL club in 2020.

The reigning player of the year is still burning from the Dragons’ lowly finish in 2019 and has thrown his hat into the ring to replace Gareth Widdop as captain for next season’s NRL recovery mission.

McInnes, who is already a part of the club’s leadership group, said he is ready for the challenge if he’s selected for the job.

“If I get the opportunity I’d love it,” he said.

“It is a big job, but it’s not just me if I was in that role. “There are many high-profile players here who play rep footy and have been around a long time, a lot of our coaches have played so it’s never just the one man.

“Captain is an honour and you get the privilege of leading the side out, but it’s everybody doing their bit as well. But it would be a great honour, that’s for sure.”

edfe1c3246678a115a17ee7f799b95c2

Cameron McInnes was the Dragons’ best player in 2019.Source: AAP
The 25-year-old is one of the hardest-working players in the NRL and his leadership qualities have long been heralded by the Dragons.

He was tipped to be a future captain at South Sydney and led the Junior Kangaroos in 2014.

In his three years at the Dragons, McInnes has earned such esteem that coach Paul McGregor spoke to him out of courtesy before signing his former teammate and fellow hooker Issac Luke for one season.

It’s was a show of respect that McInnes said he didn’t need, but appreciated from the coach as the pair look to work in tandem in 2020.

However, McInnes is blunt when asked if he would be happy to move to lock to accommodate Luke at hooker throughout games.

560ae98fce8119908c9ea827755c8f18

Issac Luke has joined the Dragons.Source: Getty Images
“I don’t care, hey. We came 15th last year,” he said.

“Obviously I want to play 80 minutes, every player wants to, but I’d rather win before my personal agendas.

“He’s one of the most skilful hookers out there, more skilful than me that’s for sure.

“His craft and how deceptive he is, that’s something that I learned from him at Souths and I’ll continue to learn.

“He’s obviously a great runner of the footy and he’s just a footy player.

“If I have to go to lock, or if there’s some other role I can do for the team to get him out there, if he’s going to help us, I’ll do that.

“There’s no point coming 15th again and getting to play 80 minutes every week. If it’s going to be him helping us to be better than I’ll do it.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/ce30fdeea7abcf7afac3959f649e50ad

getsmarty

Immortal
McInnes puts hand up to be St George Illawarra Dragons' next captain
Local Sport
r0_47_3514_1710_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Cameron McInnes chats with Dragons coach Paul McGregor at a training session in September 2018. Picture: Adam McLean
The St George Illawarra Dragons have begun pre-season training and one burning questions remains: Who will be the next Red V leader?

Following the departure of Gareth Widdop in September, the club is yet to announce a captain for 2020.

See more: Adam Clune eyes 2020 NRL debut with Dragons

Cameron McInnes is one man who is keen to put up his hand for the role, but he believes all Dragons players need to lift next year.

"I would definitely be happy to have a leadership role in the club. With Gareth leaving, there's a big spot on the list that we've got to fill," the 25-year-old said.

"But it's only week two. 'Mary' [coach Paul McGregor] has only just got back from New York. But if I get that opportunity, I would love it. I'm sure we will work it out in the next few weeks.

"It is a big job but it's not just on me if I was in that role. There's many high profile players that have played rep footy and been around a long time. It would be an honour, the privilege of leading the side out, but it's about everybody doing their bit as well."

r0_358_3500_2334_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FAREWELL: 2019 Dragons captain Gareth Widdop. Picture: Anna Warr

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...george-illawarra-dragons-next-captain/?cs=302

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
McInnes might be my favourite Dragons player in decades. Honestly even more than some 2010 blokes. Everything he says and does is perfect and he's everything you could ever want in a captain.

His work ethic and attitude is second to none.
My only concern would be that he doesn't suffer from, 'BJ syndrome' and lack any voice with the refs.
He needs to be vocal like Cam Smith.
Otherwise, a perfect choice.