What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val is not happy

eddiesmith

Juniors
So the expected result looks likely, took a big paycheque to get out of his last year at Cronulla and will sign with the Cowboys for 2020 and beyond.

Obviously the money would have been big for him if he made it, but given he clearly didn’t want to remain at Cronulla its hard not to be annoyed. He basically had a free hit at a 1/100 chance just to skip out on us as we never would have released him a year early.

jc155776

Coach
Played in a premiership winning side.

Had a crack at something different but didn’t work out.

Don’t begrudge him at all.

Not sure why some in here enjoy seeing him fail.

Don’t think he will last too long in Townsville though, might get bored after living in Sydney and New York.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Should try Union, they would pay heaps, he is better than all their players except maybe the Fijian league player. So would be a star, I am sure all the Aussie, Japanese and European teams would be interested.

He clearly has no great love for league.

Townsville --> Sydney --> New York --> Yokohama --> London.

I should be his manager.

sharkman73

Juniors
Played in a premiership winning side.

Had a crack at something different but didn’t work out.

Don’t begrudge him at all.

Not sure why some in here enjoy seeing him fail.

Don’t think he will last too long in Townsville though, might get bored after living in Sydney and New York.

Because he's a selfish merkin who decided November was a great time to tell us he was leaving.

f**k him.

Quicksilver

Bench
Should try Union, they would pay heaps, he is better than all their players except maybe the Fijian league player. So would be a star, I am sure all the Aussie, Japanese and European teams would be interested.

He clearly has no great love for league.

Townsville --> Sydney --> New York --> Yokohama --> London.

I should be his manager.

I'm not sure why you don't have him at an AFL start up for 3 years too.

sandshark

Bench
NFL dream dramatically comes to an end after 1 year. Poor fella gets to walk back into a million dollar contract.
Hope he recovers. :(

chewsta

First Grade
Because he's a selfish merkin who decided November was a great time to tell us he was leaving.

f**k him.

Yup, I loved the bloke at the Sharks and encourage everyone to never die wondering if they want to have a go at anything in life. But the way he left us was an absolute dog shit, merkin of an act!

Chimp

Juniors
Yup, I loved the bloke at the Sharks and encourage everyone to never die wondering if they want to have a go at anything in life. But the way he left us was an absolute dog shit, merkin of an act!
And this was always going to be the outcome..... The NFL was never a serious long term ambition, just a stop gap/life experience that was predicted all along.
Can't blame him for wanting to do it, but the way he went about it stinks. I really would like to be a better person, but the bitter fan in me really hope's he comes back and has limited impact - I hope his best days in rugby league are behind him.

Chimp

Juniors
I should probably qualify that statement by saying that's not just as a Sharks fan - I hate seeing blokes turn their back on our game to try a different sport. I can't understand why they'd turn their back on the sport they grew up playing (and presumably loving) and that has given them a great lifestyle and salary - it's beyond ungrateful.

chewsta

First Grade
I should probably qualify that statement by saying that's not just as a Sharks fan - I hate seeing blokes turn their back on our game to try a different sport. I can't understand why they'd turn their back on the sport they grew up playing (and presumably loving) and that has given them a great lifestyle and salary - it's beyond ungrateful.

Absolutely man, a sport that they would happily pay registrations each year to play unpaid on the weekend outside of a normal job if they weren't NRL material.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Followed the kid from when he got to the Sharks from NQ and sad to see him not turn out for us. Hope he f**ks up and realises his true home is in Cronulla.

merkin

carcharias

Immortal
Followed the kid from when he got to the Sharks from NQ and sad to see him not turn out for us. Hope he f**ks up and realises his true home is in Cronulla.

merkin

haha
They’d be the perfect answer to a live TV interview with a sharks supporter.

Latest posts