What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Kids will miss their shot because of lies. Happy for life bans for anyone guilty but to punish on suspicion is evil

So someone is going to lie to the police about some kid? It is for serious charges here. Think about it, its more likely the false accuser life gets ruined.

Also look at May, he plead guilty but has been able to still get paid for 12 months, still train for 12 months and use the clubs support system despite the fact he is guilty and we should've been rid of him 12 months ago.

Dave's mate

Juniors
So someone is going to lie to the police about some kid? It is for serious charges here. Think about it, its more likely the false accuser life gets ruined.

Also look at May, he plead guilty but has been able to still get paid for 12 months, still train for 12 months and use the clubs support system despite the fact he is guilty and we should've been rid of him 12 months ago.
Woman often lie about rape. Sounds like a shit thing to say but it happens a LOT

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That sucks for him. Any idea what the sentence will be(prison or something else)?

Well that is a huge cautionary tale for any player who wants to pull their phone out during sex, all those girls had to do was say they didn't give consent and he had no defence against 8 charges.

From what News ltd said it was a plea deal. The charges regarding distributing the videos have been dropped as part of that deal. News also said this probably means he will escape goal time (according to them)

I have little empathy for May who chose to record his actions (with no thought towards the women involved) In my opinion it's not the way to treat others.

Ivan again according to news was in the public gallery. This is my opinion was good to see.

This is pure speculation on my behalf.

I can see May with a long good behaviour bond, community service, and probably the NRL unit will step in and not allow him to play at NRL level for a period of time.

The women have my empathy in all of this. Noone deserve to have this happen to them.

betcats

Referee
Yes and id like 20+ year mandatory gaol sentences for those scumf**ks

No doubt. But you cant just assume anyone is guilty when charged and you cant just assume an accuser is lying because its a footy player being charged. The no fault policy does neither of these things, its aimed at protecting the game and the clubs and the players themselves believe it or not. People talk about PR like its all rubbish but PR is money, money the game needs if it still wants to be relevant in 50 years.

franklin2323

Immortal
No doubt. But you cant just assume anyone is guilty when charged and you cant just assume an accuser is lying because its a footy player being charged. The no fault policy does neither of these things, its aimed at protecting the game and the clubs and the players themselves believe it or not. People talk about PR like its all rubbish but PR is money, money the game needs if it still wants to be relevant in 50 years.

nope which is why you get all convicted scumbags out of the game once found guilty

betcats

Referee
Capewell is a good player at least. Hopefully it pushes Yeo to lock. I like Kurt better in the back row then as a centre. I am also still keen to see Kikau in the middle and leave Martin, Capewell(if signed) and Burns on the edges.

mxlegend99

Referee
From what News ltd said it was a plea deal. The charges regarding distributing the videos have been dropped as part of that deal. News also said this probably means he will escape goal time (according to them)

I have little empathy for May who chose to record his actions (with no thought towards the women involved) In my opinion it's not the way to treat others.

Ivan again according to news was in the public gallery. This is my opinion was good to see.

This is pure speculation on my behalf.

I can see May with a long good behaviour bond, community service, and probably the NRL unit will step in and not allow him to play at NRL level for a period of time.

The women have my empathy in all of this. Noone deserve to have this happen to them.
If you saw the videos you might change your tune.

This wasnt some hidden camera recorded through deceit. The camera was literally inches from their faces and they seemed more than fine with being on film and with all the sexual acts taking place

That said they didn't deserve for the video to be spread around and shared. Nor should they be judged for whatever they enjoyed... which you seem to be doing by saying they should never have been treated that way yet it looked like they enjoyed that stuff.

Its hard to feel bad for May considering he was responsible for the videos being out there to reach the public though. The poor woman did not deserve to have what they enjoy behind closed doors shared with strangers.

The problem with the younger generation is they dont seem to think about the possible consequences of letting someone film or photograph them, or of doing it and sending them. The second someone that's not you is in possession of that sort of stuff. Your fate is in someone elses hands.

The players are probably the dumbest in all of this. Letting videos go viral amongst themselves when they have more to lose. I hope May has taught the other young players a valuable lesson. They will likely make an example of him so that it is more likely to be learned.

Port Panther

Juniors
Capewell maybe ok is wholehearted and adds size and utility . Maybe just needs a home was pretty good last year value buy if he comes .

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Capewell is a good player at least. Hopefully it pushes Yeo to lock. I like Kurt better in the back row then as a centre. I am also still keen to see Kikau in the middle and leave Martin, Capewell(if signed) and Burns on the edges.

That is how I see it. Edges needed help but Yeo in the middle good too.

martielang

Bench
Meh, he's just Yeo. He, Yeo & Burns essentially all play the same way.

Good player, but not what I would of been after.

betcats

Referee
Meh, he's just Yeo. He, Yeo & Burns essentially all play the same way.

Good player, but not what I would of been after.

I think you will find Burns and Yeo are quite different next season. Burns passing skill leaves Yeo for dead and he has good late footwork at the line. He also looks like a guy with natural footballing instincts, one of those guys who can see the play unfolding and puts themselves in the right place at the right time often. He has been a tryscorer throughout the lower grades.

eDIT: I don't see Burns getting near the PCT metres Yeo gets when healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.