What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
No not a swap deal. Parra low balled him on min wage. Tigers offered overs. More than 130,000 more.
Don't be surprised if he leaves before the season starts instead of 2021.
I’d keep the merkin and leave him in 20s. It’s only costing us $60,000 and we can use him from round 17 if we have to. Why give the tigers a free ride to develop him in 2020.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
We need backups on minimum salary. Those three were happy to do it and Utoikamanu wasn't.

You know you have to have a top 30, right? You can't just spend all the cap on 25 players.
You’re forgetting that next year he very well may have and that was our advantage. We could have put him on minimum next year as an upgrade, developed him with a taste of first grade and then had him ready for a bench spot in 2021. Paying $200k for your bench middles is excellent value and even at $250-$300k for the following years you’re getting good value. That’s essentially the same as what the Tigers snared him for.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
You’re forgetting that next year be very well may have. We could have put him on minimum next year as an upgrade, developed him with a taste of first grade and then had him ready for a bench spot in 2021. Paying $200k for your bench middles is excellent value and even at $250-$300k for the following years you’re getting good value. That’s essentially the same as what the Tigers snared him for.

What will Evan's or Alvaro or Nikuore cost? How much superior will Stefano be?
Will Kafusi, Hollis or Hughes be ready or as good.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly I doubt Shaun Lane is on a lot more then what Stefano has been paid.
And the guy is just below origin level.
I also am unsure you want anyone on 300k playing 30 mins off the bench.

Happy MEel

First Grade
They all bring different traits. I've seen a few games but not alot and to me Oregon is the one. I think he could be anything
He has definitely returned to preseason in better shape than I have seen him previously. He has definitely turned some of that bulk into muscle and perhaps his lack of game time in 2019 will give him the desire he needs to become the player he can be.
C6147865-1AC0-425F-9CC1-CBE63C8462B5.jpeg
5B68B60B-16F9-41C3-B9F8-AF9C16E075F8.jpeg
7227A498-4F5A-4052-BD56-12308E238FD9.jpeg

Happy MEel

First Grade
What will Evan's or Alvaro or Nikuore cost? How much superior will Stefano be?
Will Kafusi, Hollis or Hughes be ready or as good.
Evans would be on $350+ now and I reckon Alvaro would be on around $300k considering this is the third year of his contract. We’re probably getting value from Niukore now but probably not from his next contract. Don’t forget the cap will increase so $300k in 2023 is worth less than it does now.

Kaufusi could provide value with his next contract and push for top 17 selection.

Hollis and Hughes haven’t even played against men before so they’re unlikely to feature in first grade for a few years.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Honestly I doubt Shaun Lane is on a lot more then what Stefano has been paid.
And the guy is just below origin level.
I also am unsure you want anyone on 300k playing 30 mins off the bench.
We signed Lane after a belter of a season with Manly. He’s on plenty more than Stefano will be in 2021 (averaged out at around $270k)

hindy111

Post Whore
Evans would be on $350+ now and I reckon Alvaro would be on around $300k considering this is the third year of his contract. We’re probably getting value from Niukore now but probably not from his next contract. Don’t forget the cap will increase so $300k in 2023 is worth less than it does now.

Kaufusi could provide value with his next contract and push for top 17 selection.

Hollis and Hughes haven’t even played against men before so they’re unlikely to feature in first grade for a few years.

The good ones go straight up. Jnr did play around in NSW cup. Did Tepai?
The Vicious Fish?
The good ones hit NRL by 19/20 and don't see much NSW cup. How old are Hollis and Hughes? I am also thinking 2021 not the season coming.

hindy111

Post Whore
We signed Lane after a belter of a season with Manly. He’s on plenty more than Stefano will be in 2021 (averaged out at around $270k)

No no. Very wrong. He signed mid June. About rnd 12 -14. Started the season off bench and didn't hit his straps untill mid year. At that point I watched him closely. He began to get more and more minutes and MANLY most likely under rated him at the point we snagged him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re forgetting that next year he very well may have and that was our advantage. We could have put him on minimum next year as an upgrade, developed him with a taste of first grade and then had him ready for a bench spot in 2021. Paying $200k for your bench middles is excellent value and even at $250-$300k for the following years you’re getting good value. That’s essentially the same as what the Tigers snared him for.
How do you know he'd be ready for the top 17 in 2021? That's a risk clubs like the Tigers have to take, not us.

Latest posts