What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Happy MEel

First Grade
Backup halves are a special case though, because they need to be able to take some pressure off the main guy so they need some playmaking ability. Otherwise you'd just stick an extra edge forward or centre in there.

Anyway you'd expect the best player in reserve grade to be required in the NRL at some point. He's won more NRL finals matches than Tom Trbojevic.
Best player in reserve grade? Lol. Don’t ever change Pou.

Salmon is a much better player in a similar position and the coaching staff seem to agree.

hindy111

Post Whore
How the hell did Dunster get a top 30 spot?? He shouldn’t even be on the development squad.

Perhaps staff think he will be fine once his body fills out and puts on a bit of weight. He might be great positionaly and under the high ball and good hands. This would be my guess. He may not offer as much in attack as GL but offers more reliability and better in defense.

hindy111

Post Whore
Backup halves are a special case though, because they need to be able to take some pressure off the main guy so they need some playmaking ability. Otherwise you'd just stick an extra edge forward or centre in there.

Anyway you'd expect the best player in reserve grade to be required in the NRL at some point. He's won more NRL finals matches than Tom Trbojevic.

He is also capable of a Mom performance in finals. Our best against storm in that 2017 belter

Happy MEel

First Grade
Mate we dominated Newtown and couldn't get over the line. We never should've been close enough for a last minute try to win it for them.
No arguments there but Smith in the team doesn’t automatically make us world beaters in attack. He’s just as likely to have one of his brain fart games.

Noise

Coach
He is also capable of a Mom performance in finals. Our best against storm in that 2017 belter
Has Will Smith ever been awarded man of the match in first grade finals? Has he ever won a man of the match in the regular season for Parra?

Gronk

Staff member
Has Will Smith ever been awarded man of the match in first grade finals? Has he ever won a man of the match in the regular season for Parra?
Will Smith is a capable fill-in. I think we learnt our lesson when we threw in Neil Hunt’s son in at fullback a few years ago and he got stage fright. I reckon the strategy of having Taka and Smith in the Top 30 is sound.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Will Smith is a capable fill-in. I think we learnt our lesson when we threw in Neil Hunt’s son in at fullback a few years ago and he got stage fright. I reckon the strategy of having Taka and Smith in the Top 30 is sound.
Taka, absolutely. Smith, not so much.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we awarded one every game regardless of win or loss he would've gotten it in that Melbourne final.