What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merchandising - old school?

NRLMad

Juniors
Sorry NRLMad, but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I too am a 30+ year saints fan, so guessing give or take we're roughly the same age. I work in design and I don't refer to our badge as a 'logo', but rather as an emblem. A logo is what the NRL have, it's what Telstra have, it's what a lot of corporate business have. An emblem however is a symbol or representation and I personally love the fact that we're the only team left in the NRL to have one.

If you take a look at the current crop of logos, they are just that, they're logos. They're a piece of generic on trend design that'll date in a few years time and they'll just need to change it again. They choose on trend fonts or outdated cartoon mascots and they fall out of trend fast. Hence why the NRL has had about 5 logos in 20 years, why the Bulldogs updated theirs to an old design, why the eels went back to their original, the panthers changed theirs twice and even the Roosters training and off field gear has the old school eastern suburbs logo on them.

Our emblem isn't broken, no need to change it. Yankees, Chicago Bulls, NY Jets, Red wings, mets, 49ers and so on are all instant recognisable classics. Ours in any other sports would stand amongst the best.

The issue is that for some reason the club and the players have forgotten what playing for that emblem means.
I’m not saying we need to get rid of the logo. Merchandise can have slight variants of the same themes - we could just have a modernised dragon for instance. You don’t need the STGI

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m not saying we need to get rid of the logo. Merchandise can have slight variants of the same themes - we could just have a modernised dragon for instance. You don’t need the STGI
3523022_1_O.jpg

images

NRLMad

Juniors
Roosters have both old and new.. https://www.jerseys.com.au/products/sydney-roosters-2019-tech-pro-hoody-youth?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwdTN8-qC5gIVBQ4rCh2kSAF2EAQYESABEgJ7s_D_BwE

Rooster by itself is modern

Souths do the same - Traditional and new
https://savvysupporter.com.au/south...MI7MWyteuC5gIVmQVyCh35uwIrEAQYASABEgJN3vD_BwE

https://savvysupporter.com.au/south-sydney-rabbitohs-2019-isc-mens-black-media-polo-shirt.html

Rabbit by itself is modern

People know what it represents - we are not daft. Why can’t we have the same thing? Our stuff looks like it’s still made in the early 2000s.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What youth tops that look good do we have? This my point. We have basics merchandise nothing special. We all buy it only because there is no good options.
Well, no.

You said “both old and new” but there was only one option on the link you provided.

Yeah change history of a awesome logo. And club...why dont we just paint us white black and call us western suburbs...unbelievable:flushed::unamused:where definitely in turmoil...with even Fans...so sadened:disappointed:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are there any moderators on these forums? Lots of childish and hateful comments not to mention bullying. I wish something could be done about it.
Yes, of course there are mods. But they can't be everywhere.

If you see any hate speech, then by all means please report it - there is a Report ink in every post.

Posting about it in the open forum is often missed. It was only by chance that I stumbled across your post.

BUT... if it is just childish squabbling, in most cases mods will not intervene where both sides are giving as good as they receive. After all, mods are not here to break up silly fights between (presumably) grown adults.

Now I say "in most cases" because there are exceptions. If it turns into serious forum disruption to the point that someone can't even post without being targetted, then we need to know.

So again, if you have any concerns that some members are overstepping the boundaries, then Report them and let the mods have a look. Thanks in advance.

Btw, in the majority if cases, I have found that even sworn enemies on the forums actually get on quite well when they meet face-to-face. So my advice is to ignore the name calling.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You live in Mernda Muz? Nice suburb. We bought in there in 2011 as an investment property. Doing very well now capital gains wise, particularly since the railway went through.
Nah not in Mernda... But have adopted the Dragons as my 2nd team down here..

I say 2nd team as Doveton are my first love..
images

Latest posts