What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

typicalfan

Coach
Croft's issue is his defense, definitely more Sandow than Cronk. He is so bad it affected the players around him. Storm have two gun 9s coming through. I see the point.

If the Broncos are to have success with him he will have to improve.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Personally I think Croft is a good little halfback who was placed under enormous pressure from 1 day and expected to play a certain way in a system that doesn’t allow any latitude. Getting away from the Storm will be a good thing for him, whether the Broncos are the right fit is up for debate but there’s a pretty decent player there.

insert.pause

First Grade
I don’t think Croft gelled too well with Smith who after playing alongside the same HB for a decade was use to a certain way of doing things. The best thing for Brisbane is they are getting a confident player, who hopefully will allow Milford to play his natural game.

At any rate, he adds playmaker depth, particularly with O’Sullivan coming back from an ACL and Dearden an ankle. Long term Dearden is the chosen one, Croft gives him time to develop.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah by the time Croft's career is winding up, Dearden will be ready to take over at the age of 30.

They are both very young halfbacks so it will ultimately have to be one or the other.

Full credit to Brisbane though for being able to re-sign all their young stars, offload zero of their overpriced hacks, but still able to add a quality young halfback to their roster.

jim_57

Staff member
Yeah by the time Croft's career is winding up, Dearden will be ready to take over at the age of 30.

They are both very young halfbacks so it will ultimately have to be one or the other.

Full credit to Brisbane though for being able to re-sign all their young stars, offload zero of their overpriced hacks, but still able to add a quality young halfback to their roster.

I'm sure if they're both good enough one can play 6.

Clem Gould

Juniors
Wont fit in ! Doesn't have a wayne story
Not the worst signing given their halves depth but Belly and Goat and co decided they couldn't win with him. He was ejected and Bronx have signed a melb reject. Even their better outs struggle in other systems.
Croft does have ability but not enough to keep their top crop out of the team
I had crofty in my sc team and noticed he can have a big day creating , albeit inconsistently , so it depends on fwds support in D how it works out

insert.pause

First Grade

The point is that they aren’t forced to rely a 19 yr old halfback for 25 weeks and can give him time to develop in qld cup. It also gives them options if they don’t want to re-sign Milford.

McGuire
Nikorima
Roberts
Sua
Gillett

They haven’t re-signed Fifita yet and he still has another year to run, at which time the overpriced hacks, such as Bird, Boyd & McCullough will be gone.

lynx000

Juniors
The point is that they aren’t forced to rely a 19 yr old halfback for 25 weeks and can give him time to develop in qld cup. It also gives them options if they don’t want to re-sign Milford.

McGuire
Nikorima
Roberts
Sua
Gillett

They haven’t re-signed Fifita yet and he still has another year to run, at which time the overpriced hacks, such as Bird, Boyd & McCullough will be gone.

Perhaps we are learning from the Roosters and their magic roster management, where they sign a player for $400,000 but when they release them, it frees up $900K in the salary cap.

To those nominated above, you can add Fensom, Tagatese, Patrick Mago, Richie Kennar, although I acknowledge none of those were on big money. But in rooster's logic, those 4 probably freed up 1.5-2 million in cap space.

Someguy

First Grade
I have a feeling croft will be quite a good player removed from the Melbourne system. When he was playing 7 at storm he had the least touches of any half in the game, was never given a chance to have any control of the game.

Playing with B.Smith at hooker Croft played brilliantly and showed great composure. If broncos can let him play his own game and regain his confidence he might well be one of the games better halfbacks

SBD82

Coach
I have a feeling croft will be quite a good player removed from the Melbourne system. When he was playing 7 at storm he had the least touches of any half in the game, was never given a chance to have any control of the game.

Playing with B.Smith at hooker Croft played brilliantly and showed great composure. If broncos can let him play his own game and regain his confidence he might well be one of the games better halfbacks
I think this is a very good point. Cronk had the authority to over call Smith. Croft didn’t.

Doesn’t automatically mean that he will be better at the Broncs, but it’ll be interesting to see what impact the move has on his game.

moffla

Bench
Would be shattered to lose Addo-Carr, but I feel he needs the Storm more than the storm needs him.

We’ll have not many issues in finding a handy winger

King hit

Coach
I’m going to call it now

Addo-Carr will end up at the Roosters
Roosters have Tupou and Morris who are going strong. They don’t need him.
Would be shattered to lose Addo-Carr, but I feel he needs the Storm more than the storm needs him.

We’ll have not many issues in finding a handy winger
How does he need the Storm more then the Storm needs him? I don’t understand

Latest posts