What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

imgunawin72

Juniors
I

m pretty sure you have to have a feeder above and below
They do not have to have a A grade feeder, but most SS teams will have an agreement with an A grade club.
The point I was making is that windsor might have enough u/21’s in their squad to not have to send blokes back to an A grade club.

Parraman2

Juniors
Yeah i doubt they will do any damage in either grade. Too hard to be competitive when you come in for the first time in a while.
And shield is near impossible to do well when there are so many teams only having to worry about a shield team.
Ryde, moorebank, belrose, brothers, easts ctown etc.
All of those have plebty of players Massey Level or above

Bottlegreen2004

Juniors
Yeah i doubt they will do any damage in either grade. Too hard to be competitive when you come in for the first time in a while.
And shield is near impossible to do well when there are so many teams only having to worry about a shield team.
Ryde, moorebank, belrose, brothers, easts ctown etc.
All of those have plebty of players Massey Level or above
Yeah I agree. Will struggle . It’s a great set up at Windsor but how well will they do. Nice rivalry with their neighbours now

A massive boost for the Ron Massey Cup competition with each club allowed to sign a "marquee" player who's points will not count towards the 100 point limit. To qualify as a marquee player they must have played 50+ NRL matches. Player must be nominated prior to the commencement of the start of the season.

The whole PPI points system has had an overhaul and the results will benefit all clubs.

Maybe the powers to be are starting to realise that its a good standard of footy and will start showing some interest. We may even see some coverage on the NSWRL website this year.... don't hold your breath.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Pretty silly comment. How else were they supposed to get players- no different to to any new team the last few years- Penrith brothers - st mareys - my nephew plays for a club in the competition and every year he has requests from several clubs
You say it's a silly comment and then confirm it to be correct.

Parraman2

Juniors
Im hearing Hills have signed well
Josh lewis
Zach chong nee
Have Belrose resigned Pita Godinet?
Does the Marquee allowance work for Shield as well?

earl park riot

Juniors
Im hearing Hills have signed well
Josh lewis
Zach chong nee
Have Belrose resigned Pita Godinet?
Does the Marquee allowance work for Shield as well?
Godinet is in France again with Villeneuve, but their season ends in late May/early June so maybe he’ll go back to them for the tail end of the season like he did this year.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Godinet is in France again with Villeneuve, but their season ends in late May/early June so maybe he’ll go back to them for the tail end of the season like he did this year.
Has agreed to terms with Asquith when he returns in June. He is related to Jerry Key and close with Pat Weisner from the Manly days.