What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend keen to stay a Shark

Feej

First Grade
The Sharks just sent out an email titled
"Members Player Resigns"
I'm thinking who has quit?
Turns out it was about Chad re-signing.
I only thought of txta
My first thought too. This is how I pictured him reading the story:

giphy.gif

Quigs

Immortal
Good old 'Text' is on his way to Thailand as we type. Apparently booked into a shonky rehab clinic for as long as it takes.

I am of the opinion if we can just get him an NRL Sharks Forum lifeline we might still get one or two good seasons out of him. But in saying that I think he will have to be carefully man managed.

txta2

Bench
Another 4 years of drought.
Bye Trindall, cya any up and coming half backs, Chad's got dis.

fizman

Bench
My view is that everyone is correct on their assessment of The Chad.

He is tough, sustainable, hard working, reliable and consistent, however, he has a limited kicking game, running game is scarce and passing game is average. Offers limited creativity.

He was replaced against Canberra in 2016, and I thought he was average in 2016 GF.

Here's the kicker.....Who else is available to replace him that is a better option?

The quality of Halfbacks across the NRL is inconsistent and average at best. The majority have a few very bad games in them and that includes the perceived upper echelon of DCE, Reynolds, Cleary, Pearce, Moses and dare I say it Hunt.

Hunt being paid $1M per season is an embarrassment and has set the standard for the new average.

So with that, I can live with The Chad for another 4 years.

PJ

First Grade
Unless I'm mistaken the last 4 years (with Chad) bought us 4 years of semi-finals and a premiership.....think it's time to suck it up mate.

Take Ennis, Barba or Maloney out of that 2016 team and I doubt we win.

Take Chad out and we would have likely had the same result.

Not thrilled, particularly with the length, but not much else around I guess.

sandshark

Bench
No surprises here.
I sit on the fence on whether he's good or bad but the club would be silly to let him go especially after just throwing away Flan Jnr. He is a local junior and does the right things off the field and that alone is why the club gives him another long contract.

I'm one of youse who would like to see someone else play 7 but honestly there isn't much out there that is better. Yeah Chad may only perform for half a season but what other halfback does better than that and is affordable?

A great halfback in the NRL is almost non existent and the last one just retired after winning the whole thing this season.

txta2

Bench
exactly
The only year we won who played 7?
Your like a broken record.
Dementia or something else?
That was 3 years ago. Chad had little to do with it. Besides Ennis, Lewis, Barba and Gallen and rewarding a player for that reason is laughable
Tell me, how did they go this year, last year, and the one before that?
Unlike Melbourne, the Sharks are sliding.
Being loyal to shitty players is what the club is all about huh

Last edited: