What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blue Heelers?

Should the NSW Blues become the NSW Blue Heelers

• Yes, that's perfect.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No way! We're cockroaches!

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I'm not from NSW so my opinion on this doesn't matter.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Prometheus

Juniors
I'm sure most of you have seen the 2020 NSW Blues captain's run jersey with the blue heeler on it. Makes me wonder, should the blue heeler be adopted as the official mascot for the NSW origin team?

stryker

First Grade
I'm sure most of you have seen the 2020 NSW Blues captain's run jersey with the blue heeler on it. Makes me wonder, should the blue heeler be adopted as the official mascot for the NSW origin team?
No cockroaches suit them just fine

NSW:

cockroach-01.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
I know I'm old-fashioned, but to me, it is New South Wales vs Queensland, not Blues vs Maroons, and not Cockroaches vs Canetoads. Those are mere nicknames, unofficial ones, and to me should remain that way.

The trend these days is to call teams by their location-neutral emblem, which to me sucks the passion out of it all.

I am very proudly from Newcastle. I loved it back in the day when players played for, and represented, Newcastle. The people of Newcastle. These days, for the most part, players play for the Knights who just happen to play home games in Newcastle. They play for their paycheques and because they want to play under a particular coach or with this player, ect.
You will rarely hear me talk about the Cowboys vs Raiders game, or the Dragons losing to the Tigers, ect. I'll almost always call them North Queensland, Canberra, St.George-Illawarra, Wests, ect, because I feel the clubs should be representing their people more than anything else. Have some pride in where they're from.

Bringing this back on topic, this also applies to State Of Origin for mine.

Keep the Cockroaches / Blues / blue heelers thing unofficial, and return the game back to what it always should be: New South Wales vs Queensland.

Latest posts