What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

TheFrog

Coach
Yet the Roosters have had to release players such as RTS, SBW, Maloney, Cronk and Pearce in the last few years who were on big salaries
The Roosters would have kept Pearce if he'd been prepared to change position for a couple of years.

beave

Coach
i have a gut feeling NQ is going to get him. Not sure how I feel about it if it eventuates, he seems like a complete pain in the ass off the field and some of his ’antics’ on the field are rubbish.

Tiger5150

Bench
.. and just like that, his management team approach Rugby Union to gauge interest and the venerable Timana Tahu says he'd be a massive loss to RL and a superstar in union who will be 'a dominating centre in Super Rugby'.

Lol.

Tahu said that back in May. I also think he is right. I think Latrell would tear up in Rugby at fullback or centre, it would be made for him. low workrate, weak defences.

Vee

First Grade
.. and just like that, his management team approach Rugby Union to gauge interest and the venerable Timana Tahu says he'd be a massive loss to RL and a superstar in union who will be 'a dominating centre in Super Rugby'.

Lol.
TBF, the Tahu column was back in May (before he bombed in Origin?) Be interesting to see what Timtah thinks now.

Sonny83

Juniors
and the drama continued...
who knows wtf LM is thinking letting these clowns managing his contract. Maybe they're literally trying to deliver 1 mil-a-season promise at all cost

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
Warriors have loads of money. We should make an offer. Surely LM could be the next guy to reject us.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The Roosters would have kept Pearce if he'd been prepared to change position for a couple of years.

haha.. You really think the Roosters thought Pearce would hang around? After telling him his new position would be bench hooker lol.. and that in a couple years time when he is 30 years old and learns from Cronk how to play halfback, he might be able to have the position back.

The Roosters put Pearce in a position where his only realistic option was to leave, but they didn't want to straight out ask him to leave so they would have less of a bargaining position with other clubs hoping they would chip in to take him. They played the situation well.

Homo man69

Juniors
Another one goes to Union. So that’s Tepai Morea, Kata, Chambers and maybe Mitchell. Yet we again take nobody from super rugby or wallabies.

Apey

Staff member
JWH said hi to Papalii in the GF when he was the best forward on the field.

That was two weeks after JWH single handedly abused the entire Souths pack in 40 minutes.

There's lots of great props around atm but JWH is there daddy for now.

No one expects you to not go in to bat for Papalli because you are a Raiders fan and he is a damn good player.

It is hard to argue against JWH being, if not the best prop, certainly the most impactful prop in the last 7 years. You may say it is the players around him but you would be wrong, there is demonstrable evidence that we are a far better team with him playing than with him not playing.

As a roosters fan who watches every roosters game and I know there are others that agree with me, we don't win any of those 3 premierships without him. He is probably right now our second most important player behind Teddy.

His 2015 season was some of the best prop play I have ever seen and we are a better than even chance of winning that comp IMO if he doesn't blow his knee.

JWH has nothing to prove anymore and anyone who doesn't see him as an elite prop and at minimum in the top 5 in the league is either blind or has a severe case of sour grapes. Papa on the other hand has everything to prove. Yeah he had an awesome season this year but it took his coach to "challenge" him for it to happen. His test comes next year and the year after and if he strings a few seasons like this year together and doesn't go back to his fat, lazy out of shape form of years past then he can be in the same conversation as JWH.

Best prop in the game on 500k. You guys truly are the benchmark of cap management :)

I can't find any article that quotes a figure on his deal he just signed.

I would guess ~500k

Spot On

Coach
haha.. You really think the Roosters thought Pearce would hang around? After telling him his new position would be bench hooker lol.. and that in a couple years time when he is 30 years old and learns from Cronk how to play halfback, he might be able to have the position back.

The Roosters put Pearce in a position where his only realistic option was to leave, but they didn't want to straight out ask him to leave so they would have less of a bargaining position with other clubs hoping they would chip in to take him. They played the situation well.

Exactly.

And there was no freaking chance of moving Keary to accommodate Pearce.

Spot On

Coach
Another one goes to Union. So that’s Tepai Morea, Kata, Chambers and maybe Mitchell. Yet we again take nobody from super rugby or wallabies.

Did you watch the spuds that we have playing union during the WC? I tried for half a game and could not force myself to do it again.

The skill level in that code in this country has fallen to an epic low.

It is appalling to watch. Just bloody awful.