What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Fool on the hill

The Fool on the Hill
The Beatles

Day after day
Alone on a hill
The man ( McGregor) with the foolish grin
Is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer
But the fool on the hill
Sees the team going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning 'round
Well on the way
Head in a cloud
The man with no game plan
Talking perfectly loud
But nobody ever hears him
Or the sound he appears to make
And he never seems to notice
But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning 'round
And nobody seems to like him
They can tell what he wants to do
And he never shows his feelings
But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down

getsmarty

Immortal
f**k this f**king bald merkin and his cronie f**king useless mate basil. They are deadset setting the club back a decade. We are the new Souffs of the comp and these two f**king useless pricks are to blame.

Millward just signs who the coach tells him to....all falls on McGregor.

1a01cfbf5b81663531818cf4dc95b844

thebigredv

First Grade
f**k this f**king bald merkin and his cronie f**king useless mate basil. They are deadset setting the club back a decade. We are the new Souffs of the comp and these two f**king useless pricks are to blame.

I'm at my wits' end. I keep waiting for something, no matter how insignificantly small, to go right. Instead it is just kick after kick while we are already down. There is no end.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Millward just signs who the coach tells him to....all falls on McGregor.

1a01cfbf5b81663531818cf4dc95b844
I'm at my wits' end. I keep waiting for something, no matter how insignificantly small, to go right. Instead it is just kick after kick while we are already down. There is no end.
The whole regime is rotten. Having worked in several corrupt countries over the years, the whole system tends to be rotten right up and down the rank structure. The club reeks of it and reeks of what they call in PNG the wantok system. I am absolutely filthy at this club and every I see club propaganda or that merkins face I feel sick to the stomach.

getsmarty

Immortal
The whole regime is rotten. Having worked in several corrupt countries over the years, the whole system tends to be rotten right up and down the rank structure. The club reeks of it and reeks of what they call in PNG the wantok system. I am absolutely filthy at this club and every I see club propaganda or that merkins face I feel sick to the stomach.

Agree 100%.......in terms of who we sign, McGregor tells millward who he wants.

Gareth67

First Grade
I hope that I do not come across as being too negative , but I cannot see the Dragons progressing too far up the ladder at all in season 2020 . How can we , limited new blood and what there is of it is old - almost to the point of being congealed.

Strike players such as Widdop and to a lesser degree Leilula gone to greener pastures , JDB has a huge question mark over his return to the side . Plus players such as Graham whom is undoubtedly on his very last legs , as well as Tarique Simms whose groin operation may or may not had been successful.

The only positive that I can see is the addition of a premiership winning coach in Flanagan , but unfortunately whose hands are all but tied . Then we have Mary - well enough said there .

All in all the Dragons will be going into the new year with plenty to prove but with a very limited firepower. Hopefully we can run up a few more wins then last year so at the very least we can move from 15 th place on the ladder .

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
So Millward is getting paid for nothing.
Just confirms jobs for the boys.

He still needs to get players in and look after the younger guys. T.B.H the whole place needs a broom put through it...Start @ the Top with the board....Will it Happen ...NO...

Only possible short term change that would be positive is to bring in an actual coach and then we will need to re-build the roster.

getsmarty

Immortal
Zac Lomax excited for Shane Flanagan's arrival at the Dragons
Dragons Den
r0_0_2830_1887_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Eager: Zac Lomax has welcomed Shane Flanagan. Picture: Adam McLean.

Promising St George Illawarra back Zac Lomax is confident the arrival of Shane Flanagan will have a positive effect on the club.

The Dragons officially announced on Wednesday the former Sharks coach will join the club as an assistant for Paul McGregor.

With the side hoping to rebound from a disappointing season, Lomax said the signing will only help the Dragons achieve more success on the field.

"A lot of confidence is going to be brought to the club from him coming here," Lomax said.

"I can tell we're definitely heading in the right direction. Everyone's turned up to the pre-season with the right attitude, everyone wants to get better.

"We know we need to improve, but everyone's really confident we're going to be able to do that, no one's taking a backwards step.

"There's been a lot of changes at the club but everyone's bought into it. There's really exciting times ahead."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...ane-flanagans-arrival-at-the-dragons/?cs=3713

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So Millward is getting paid for nothing.
Just confirms jobs for the boys.

Not necessarily, blacksafake.
If Mcgregor orders a Big Mac, Millward has to follow thru and ask if he wants fries with that or possibly, whether Mary wants to, go large!
Then there's the payment issues so all in all, Millward really does cover some ground in his role.
It's a thankless task pleasing the Smooth One.

getsmarty

Immortal
The St George Illawarra Dragons have lost their identity

$
© Provided by Sporting News
They are one of the proudest clubs in rugby league history with some of the most passionate fans - but the St George Illawarra Dragons have completely lost their identity.

This has been coming for some time mind you, but heading into the 2020 NRL season it appears that the Red V have lost all sense of what made them great to begin with.

The fall of the Dragons is more complicated than what is happening on the field, where they finished 15th in 2019 - the lowest in their history.

St George's issues are deeper than losing games and players under-performing - it is widespread and it is cultural.

The Saints had one of the lowest average attendances of any NRL club in 2019, and that is clearly a response to the poor management as much as it is the results on the field.

A lot of the blame for the Dragons issues are linked back to Paul McGregor, who in six seasons as head coach has managed to make the finals just twice for a highest finish of 7th.

Ahead of the 2018 season he declared that he 'finally had the squad he wanted' and the side managed to go very close to a preliminary final. We'll give that a pass mark.

In 2019, they picked up Corey Norman and Korbin Sims and looked set to challenge for the NRL premiership - but losing Jack de Belin before the season had even started derailed things.

It set in motion a domino effect, amplified by the injury to Gareth Widdop in round 3 - that almost led to the side boycotting a game against Newcastle during the season.

Players were dropped in and out of the side, and by the time the Origin period finished they had a chance against the Raiders to turn things around and make a run for the finals.

But despite playing against 12 men for the majority of the second half, they were defeated 36-14 and from there the season continued to spiral.

After their season finished, the club held a review - and, apparently, McGregor is still the man to lead the club forward. Since then there have been some huge concerns.

Ben Hornby - a club legend and premiership-winning captain - was made a scapegoat and shown the door despite being well-liked and respected by players.

The former halfback has since moved to South Sydney and will hone his coaching craft under the legendary Wayne Bennett.

The man replacing Hornby is disgraced former Sharks coach Shane Flanagan - who has been at the centre of not one, but TWO cheating scandals for peptides and salary cap anomalies.

When the Dragons were at their peak there is no way that Flanagan, despite his strong coaching record, would have been welcomed so easily into the fold after past indiscretions.

Despite desperately needing outside backs, they opted to sign veteran hooker Issac Luke even though they have an 80-minute rake in Cameron McInnes already at the helm.

Reports surfaced last week that local junior Matt Dufty embarrasingly found out he wouldn't be first-choice fullback for 2020 in the Sunday paper, showing a clear lack of communication from the coach.

The 23-year old has been told he can look elswhere despite a stellar debut season in 2018 that saw him ink a rich new deal until the end of 2021, and is one of the side's biggest threats in attack.

Speaking of threats in attack - the club for some unknown reason released skilful back-rower Luciano Leilua to the Tigers despite the giant reportedly wanting to stay at the club long-term.

Another local junior, Leilua had been in the Dragons system since his early teens and was starting to come into his own in the NRL before being discarded by the Red V.

And his replacement is former Dragon Trent Merrin - who despite having a wealth of experience, is about five seasons past his best football and underperformed in the UK Super League.

The list of baffling decisions and internal issues is a mile long, and it has led to Dragons fans becoming increasingly disheartened with the club they love.

I need ideas on who I can support if I punt the dragons. Any club that sign Issac Luke and plays McInnes in the back row I can no longer commit to. 40+ years gone because of the imbicile running and coaching at the joint

— Benny (@saintbenny63) November 16, 2019
STGEORGE #ILLAWARRAMAFIA DRAGONS RECRUITMENT pic.twitter.com/nJSm5lObbE

— agrothedragon (@agrothedragon1) November 29, 2019
The first thing Wayne Bennett did when arriving at https://t.co/3Z7hM64Ok4 was fire that bum McGregor. Bennett doesn’t suffer fools. Good luck Ben Hornby, you might actually now learn what to do as a coach under Bennett, rather than what not to do under McGregor. @Mcgrexit#redvhttps://t.co/vJ08cFql4w

— Saint Benny (@Saint_Benny) November 28, 2019
Letting Leilua go for a bloke that severely underachieved in the Super League is the clubs way of admitting Mary and his coaching staff cannot develop talent. What a disgraceful decision #themyththatismary#2020spoon#maryout

— Murray23 (@murray23) November 29, 2019
2020 for the Dragons will largely depend on whether or not Jack de Belin successfully fights his sexual assault charges - but the issues are so deeply rooted.

Discarding club legends like Hornby or local juniors like Leilua is a clear sign that the Dragons have lost their way.

If things don't change soon, the once proud club will become even more of a shell of itself than it is right now.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...a-dragons-have-lost-their-identity/ar-BBXCbk8

P.S Thanks Taxidriver
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...rce=http://a.msn.com/01/en-au/BBXCbk8?ocid=sl

Latest posts