What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

TheParraboy

Staff member
4pm start Eastern states I believe? Meaning play will most likely go well part 11pm most days

Should be a close series. Kiwis have better batsmen and far better and more experienced bowling attack than Pakistan, there will be no triple tons for Davey here.

If our top order fires, in particular Smith, Labuschagne and Warner. (With a couple of Wade deadly cameos thrown in) Then can’t see us losing a test

If the decks are bloody roads. I can see one , maybe two tests , being borefest draws

Valheru

Coach
Looking forward to this, hopefully we get some competitive cricket

I question the need for this to be D/N though, WA tests naturally provide a prime time session in every other state/territory. It will be interesting to see what type of crowd it gets to justify the D/N fixture.

I get they want two per season so they should have had the Brisbane one as D/N and had Pakistan play in Perth with this first test being a D/N in Adelaide.

bazza

Referee
I think if you need to carry a concussion sub it should be someone who has played a few tests rather than a rookie
Can't imagine making your debut after someone has been hit in the head would be the best way to ease into test cricket

simmo1

First Grade
Some great match ups this series to look forward to in this series:
Smith v Williamson
Starc v Boult
Wade v de Grandhomme

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'll bet my left nut: Bancroft in, Head out.

Edit that - Bancroft has actually been left out of the squad.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...settled-australia-test-squad-face-new-zealand

Im sorry mate, will be deleting these type of posts unless you run it by your partner Haynetrain for approval first, we don't want a domestic lawsuit :D

No changes good to see. Bowlers will get a good rest
I don't think kiwis are playing a warm up match? Probably dont need one

JJ

Immortal
Some great match ups this series to look forward to in this series:
Smith v Williamson
Starc v Boult
Wade v de Grandhomme
Wade matches up well with everyone tbh

Raval vs Warner should be a real battle for the ages lol

typicalfan

Coach
Great prospect but no rush. Id play Pattinson on boxing day but that's it, same side bar injury.

Latest posts