What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Old Timer

Coach
Well having lengthened and upgraded his contract surely Mc Fookknuckle now has no option but to select him in 1st grade
Then the question will be what game plan is employed?
Then the question will be how much chopping and changing will happen when he hits the slightest speed bump?
Then the question will be how does he ignite a listless backline full of plodders?

nontime111

Juniors
Lomax and Sailor stand for all thats been good with and about our club for many many years, PRIDE in the damn JERSEY and not just some shallow sell out just trying to CASH In on the actual game itself not a true player of a great club as we are, this is a REAL footballer to me! and so old school chocka block! so glad I got him in my badge I love watching him play too so ad lib, flowing, unpredictable and with FULL leadership potential for the future, all these kids coming through, someone going to need to lead them...in the future, I can see a big C beside his name if he keeps going the way he is, SO happy today...thanks Zac! and thanks Tristian Sailor!! cant wait to see you both just cut loose and carve! no 15th next year.... my heart couldnt take that again no way! LEAGUE is back to me now just from this loyalty! well done guys BOTH of you!!

getsmarty

Immortal
Zac and Hayden Lomax re-sign with the Dragons

SIGNINGS

Lomax signs long-term extension
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 5 Dec 2019, 02:30 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced the long-term contract extension of Zac Lomax.

Already contracted for the 2020 season, Lomax has re-signed with the club for five years and will remain with the Red V until at least the end of the 2025 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The Temora Dragons junior has been contracted to the club since he was 13 and is a graduate of the St George Illawarra junior pathway following his NRL debut in Round 10, 2018.

The two-time Junior Kangaroos representative and former Australian Schoolboy and NSWRL Under-18s Player of the Year has since played 17 first grade games.

Lomax said he was excited to confirm his future with St George Illawarra, in what is a period of learning for the 20-year-old as he navigates pre-season training with the intention of commencing the Dragons' 2020 campaign at fullback.

"Being able to go back to Temora at Christmas knowing that my future is settled and that I'm definitely going to be a Dragon for a while yet is very exciting. My family and I are very happy with the decision that's been made," Lomax said.

"With 2020, I've attacked every session possible and soaked up as much information as I can when it comes to playing fullback. I realise I still have a lot to learn but it's a challenge I'm really looking forward to."

Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward hailed Lomax as a significant retention for the Dragons' on-field fortunes and succession planning.

"There was a lot of speculation over Zac with numerous clubs in for him and we respected the process he and his management went through," Millward said.

"One thing that hit home over the past couple of weeks was that he wanted to be a Dragon and wanted to stay at the Dragons.

"To have him recommit long term is a no-brainer. Our aim now, and Zac's, is to have him wear the Red V for the rest of his career – he wants to be a one-club player.

"Zac is already the benchmark at training. With his attitude and attention-to-detail we see him as a future leader of our club. The cherry on top is he's an outstanding goal kicker so we are pleased to shore that up too."

The Dragons have also announced that Hayden Lomax has signed a one-year development player contract extension.

The utility forward said he is keen to make up for lost time following an injury disrupted 2019 campaign.

"I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be given another season. I had an interrupted season last year so I'm very grateful," Lomax said.

"I never had an opportunity to play too much footy in 2019 so hopefully I can put my best foot forward and play consistent football in 2020.

"The club has been unreal to my family and I since arriving at the club when I was 15 and I've really appreciated everything since."

Millward on Lomax brothers retention

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/12/05/lomax-signs-long-term-extension/

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Excellent work re signing Zac, credit where credit is due. I can't wait to see how somehow some people on here will still try to put a negative spin on this but personally I think most of our recent signings/re-signings have been pretty smart and just what we needed without going over the top too much. In 2020 we should have a pretty experienced side with some good depth and a punchers chance of doing some damage without compromising 2021 in which we can shuffle our cards. If we do gain Williame as reported it will be great, he's looks a very decent player right in his prime, and will put pressure on our two centres, that plus the fact they are both off contract is going to get the best out them next year. Lafai is probably finished and I'm not writing off Aitken just yet but the get another contract he's going to have to have an absolute ripper of a season.

getsmarty

Immortal
Excellent work re signing Zac, credit where credit is due. I can't wait to see how somehow some people on here will still try to put a negative spin on this but personally I think most of our recent signings/re-signings have been pretty smart and just what we needed without going over the top too much. In 2020 we should have a pretty experienced side with some good depth and a punchers chance of doing some damage without compromising 2021 in which we can shuffle our cards. If we do gain Williame as reported it will be great, he's looks a very decent player right in his prime, and will put pressure on our two centres, that plus the fact they are both off contract is going to get the best out them next year. Lafai is probably finished and I'm not writing off Aitken just yet but the get another contract he's going to have to have an absolute ripper of a season.

Aitken has already been tapped on the Shoulder...surplus to requirements...We have much better prospects coming through the Junior Ranks. Regardless of how we go in 2020, I want to see the coach Gone...That will be the most positive step in the right direction

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Aitken has already been tapped on the Shoulder...surplus to requirements...We have much better prospects coming through the Junior Ranks. Regardless of how we go in 2020, I want to see the coach Gone...That will be the most positive step in the right direction
Im sure he has been tapped on the shoulder, but unless he finds another he will be with us for 2020. A lot can happen in 12 months, not saying it will, probably unlikely. But just saying that if he has spent the entire off season working on his passing, and our defensive structures improve who knows. Its in his hands I guess. One thing I do know is that I'm certain he will fight hard because if he can't make it with us I doubt he will find too many takers.

getsmarty

Immortal
Im sure he has been tapped on the shoulder, but unless he finds another he will be with us for 2020. A lot can happen in 12 months, not saying it will, probably unlikely. But just saying that if he has spent the entire off season working on his passing, and our defensive structures improve who knows. Its in his hands I guess. One thing I do know is that I'm certain he will fight hard because if he can't make it with us I doubt he will find too many takers.

I'd say he is not in our future plans...Has done little in 4 years...Lafai and Aitken are wasted spots in our roster...Why would you want to keep him when no other club wanted him ?...That in itself speaks volumes...don't care if he has a blinder in 2020...You gotta know when to hold them and when to fold them....Time to end the failed experiment.

jak

Bench
any of you guys have any idea how lomax got the nickname lowy, I hate a mystery.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say he is not in our future plans...Has done little in 4 years...Lafai and Aitken are wasted spots in our roster...Why would you want to keep him when no other club wanted him ?...That in itself speaks volumes...don't care if he has a blinder in 2020...You gotta know when to hold them and when to fold them....Time to end the failed experiment.
It’s not what I want personally I’m just saying a lot can happen in 12 months.

getsmarty

Immortal
It’s not what I want personally I’m just saying a lot can happen in 12 months.

Sure...but if the club tried to offload him already and no one wanted him, why would you keep him...He is just blocking the way for promising juniors to come into the top grade...Only McGregor rates him...hopefully they can leave together and take Lafai with them.

TruSaint

Referee
Well done to all for keeping Zac.
Seems most here rate him highly, so job done.

I dont understand why such a long deal though.
Thats a long commitment for a player with potential but no real runs on the board.

Anyway, I wish him well.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well done to all for keeping Zac.
Seems most here rate him highly, so job done.

I dont understand why such a long deal though.
Thats a long commitment for a player with potential but no real runs on the board.

Anyway, I wish him well.
I guess they look at Ponga and think if he turns out similar it’s a bargain. Plus it’s probably our only option, we have to breed our own. No one of note is coming here.

Reactions: jak