What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

JJ

Immortal
seems like Boult and de Big Man are having fitness tests - still in doubt for first test...

King hit

Coach
Really looking forward to this series. New Zealand have a cracking side which will be a true test for us. The Pakistan series was pretty meh.

Meth

Staff member
seems like Boult and de Big Man are having fitness tests - still in doubt for first test...

Boult is a big deal. Without him, our attack is toothless and incomplete.

I am over Matt Henry in Tests

Last edited:

bazza

Referee

Yeah I think the NZ attack may struggle outside night time in Perth
Though they do tend to come up with clever tactics.

Timbo

Staff member

I think you’ll need to play Ferguson, especially on the drop-in in Melbourne. You need to force the pace there. He and Boult will be vital to any success you have. I can’t see Southee or Henry doing much outside of twilight with the pink ball.

I am very interested to see how Wagner goes. I had initially thought he’d not do well on our decks, but it occurs to me that his medium pace bumper barrages could actually work - the outfields are so huge and our batsmen will have faced very little like it. He could get a few blokes caught on the on side who don’t get enough on the hook/pull due to his lack of pace. There’s certainly no bowler like him in the Shield, so they won’t have seen anything like it.

Speaking of the Shield - I am absolutely gobsmacked that Will Somerville didn’t even make the squad. You’ve got a bloke with five years of Shield experience, who was Lyon’s understudy at NSW on the SCG and you don’t even want him in the playing group? Absolute madness. Santner will be eaten without salt if he’s your front liner over here.

Latest posts