What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris recruitment for 2020

Tiger Shark

Bench
Ramien is obviously a good pick up but I think he's done a very good job retention wise.

Did we lose anyone that we wanted to keep ?

As mentioned some of those that stayed would have defn had bigger offers elsewhere.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Ramien is obviously a good pick up but I think he's done a very good job retention wise.

Did we lose anyone that we wanted to keep ?

As mentioned some of those that stayed would have defn had bigger offers elsewhere.

And also I am curious as to his recruitment skills regarding players he hasn't coached before.

hmm not sure why I'm quoting myself. Need a coffee

coolumsharkie

Referee
Signing SJ ruined your squad. What a terrible call that was

It's hard to disagree with you here. He is a 1/3 player, one good game in 3. Also between him and Moyzahh!!, pulling out on game day is always going to be a factor with these blokes. (Has Moyzahh!! played in a finals series yet?)

Imagine trying to win a comp on the back of pea hearts like them, also adding to that list Woods in a "Do it for the team" scenario.

It's a brave new world without our hard nosed tough as railway spikes illustrious leader. I pity the new Captain, it's going to be a bumpy ride for WG.

On the squad, we have some exciting players coming through the ranks which might keep us in finals contention and in the near future if we get our conditioning back to 16' type standards.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
It's hard to disagree with you here. He is a 1/3 player, one good game in 3. Also between him and Moyzahh!!, pulling out on game day is always going to be a factor with these blokes. (Has Moyzahh!! played in a finals series yet?)

I recall Moyza playing well in last years finals (well the first two, don't think anyone played well against the Storm).

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm excited to watch Uele, Nikora and Xerri develop. Want to see Ronnie get a run too.

I'm hoping Moyza, Woods and SJ find their old form and and lead us.

I for one hope king only plays for the jets
he is a very very average player. offers nothing in attack at all.
the hooker position IMO hasn't been addressed properly since Ennis left.

you had Jayden, who tackled a lot and did not much in attack. service wasn't good.

blayke better in attack. then we don't see him at the back of the year. weird

we have retained Nikora Williams Uele. they are all good players.
we have signed ramien back. Morris is off contract at the end of this year and Dugan next.
Dugan was good for us last year

realistically if Moylan doesn't fire this season, his big pay days are over. he had a chance to extend that at wests but has chosen to stay here there fore he must either be good, or he will die on the vine.

in terms of big names. who do you want? Arrow? Folau?

I think we need another couple forward, unless the likes of T R , Teig Wilton etc step up.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Moylan dosent want to leave wants to stay in shire.
Morris should make him tough it out, play him off bench at Hooker, see how he handles having to put body on line, he might decide shire not for him then

bluefox68

Staff member
Moyza as the hooker replacement just to get him out of the Shire...
Stakey, I don't know if you've outdone yourself with this one but it's at least in your top 5
Straight out of the 1930’s Rugby Football League coaching manual...

One of your ‘best’, Stakey...

ghoti

Bench
Our issue for last year was inconsistency and a morale problem.. Holmes goes early, Johnson joins a month or so out from start of season, things go well early and then the chopping and changing starts... Morris couldnt decide on his three-quarters shifts everyone around Moylan and Johnson in and out out then in, clearly struggles and is a nervous confused wreck mid-season.. etc etc

Most of that with a full off-season for squad and coach fixes the main problems of last year, but now we have less cattle.

snout

First Grade
Moylan dosent want to leave wants to stay in shire.
Morris should make him tough it out, play him off bench at Hooker, see how he handles having to put body on line, he might decide shire not for him then
Put him in the pigs.

coolumsharkie

Referee
feed him to the pigs.

b91f5e074ab47025fcdbc545b66eba90.jpg

Stake Removed

First Grade
Coach Morris played halves and in the backs, and also hooker, Moylan is not a team player so this way make him earn his money or he can quit the club at no expense to us

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am unsure when Moylan became a shyte player, I never thought that, the problem has been he is a non player.

I do also question if he wants to play there. I have no information either way other than "happy to play anywhere" he has said (any player does).

He is our best fullback, make no mistake but, John Morris is a big Kennedy fan, one of his.

Latest posts