What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to watch - NRL finished

carcharias

Immortal
I watched the highwaymen on Netflix on the weekend.
It’s pretty good.
Woody harrelson and Kevin Costner
They are the dudes that hunted Bonnie and Clyde.

lo fi technology back then.

It’s pretty good.

Yeah it's not a bad flick.
I've been watching Top Boy on Netflix, it's not too shabby. I do have to use subtitles , even though it's in English haha.

Generalzod

Immortal
It’s pretty good.

Great Show loved it I like crime movies, these blokes ended up like superstars.

Eion

First Grade
Yeah Highwaymen was good. Also didn’t mind Three Frontiers with Affleck.

The Commuter on the hand. Shit

snout

First Grade
Watched Any Given Sunday again last.
For probably the 6th time.
Miami sharks.

A visual feast.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Dunno if yas are into docos but "They should not grow old" was f**king unbelievable.

Also sat through The Irishman the other day with a hangover, slow burn as they say but was really good. Di Nero's scene where he beat up the shopkeeper wasnt very convincing though.

snout

First Grade
Id been waiting for the irishman since they announced it. Love that trio scorsese deniro and pacino.
Couldnt finish it. Its just a rehash of so much of what theyve already done. And trying to passing em off as 30-40 year olds?....didnt work.

snout

First Grade
My mate has the collection
We were away one Xmas and watched an episode a day
Geeze the quality drops off a cliff after about number 1.
Anyone think of an series of movies where theyve all been good. Theres plenty where the first one was a ripper and the rest were embarrasing like planet of apes.
Rocky. Beverly Hills cop. Raiders of lost Ark.

One that a maintained the standard with each movie is Mad Max.

One that a maintained the standard with each movie is Mad Max.
Have to disagree, Beyond Thunderdome was pretty crap in my eyes. Besides a couple of kind of funny one-liners, it was pretty average. I even rate the new one more than it. Each to their own of course.

Generalzod

Immortal
Have to disagree, Beyond Thunderdome was pretty crap in my eyes. Besides a couple of kind of funny one-liners, it was pretty average. I even rate the new one more than it. Each to their own of course.
I remember back in 1985 driving passed the sand dunes at Kurnell you can just barely see the tip of the tail when they where filming it.

747a.jpg

747b.jpg

747c.jpg

snout

First Grade
No l agree BB..its easily the weakest.
The script had some merit but needed strengthening. I think they thought Tina Turners huge popularity at the time would sell it.
But as a franchise it has kept hitting the mark over that period of time.
Mel still shouldve done the last one. He is Max