What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N: Australia v NZ at Perth, Dec 12-16 2019

Timbo

Staff member
4pm start

But surely we are all tuning in at 3pm for some great self loathing by Warne?

‘Welcome to Perth for the - did you know Mark Taylor was the best captain I ever played under? And that Steve Waugh has cooties? - first test between Australia and - people always tell me they wish I was Australian captain, you know - New Zealand’.

JJ

Immortal
I'll bet Haynetrain's bald left nut that they mention the underarm incident within the first hour.
Already been stories in our media of the 5 times we've been denied wins by appalling umpires... some truth in that the decisions were all bad, but incredibly whiny and lame journalism...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...ing-howlers-that-cost-nz-in-transtasman-tests

I'm prepared for more whining (and will probably do some myself) - this is a good NZ team, but Raval, the lack of a spinner, and the lack of prep in Australian conditions means we're going to struggle, I think - first session will be telling, no question whether it's with bat of ball, Aust will be out of the gates like Haynetrain bursting through Wadey's bedroom door

Timbo

Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised if Warne declared Cummins the pick of the Australian bowlers a full hour before the start of play.

I can’t wait to hear how Starc’s body language when taking five for not much wasn’t great and how we should replace him with Riley Meredith.

typicalfan

Coach
I can’t wait to hear how Starc’s body language when taking five for not much wasn’t great and how we should replace him with Riley Meredith.
He will be plugging his bbl supercoach team for sure saying he has Riley Meredith as captain and that he is a sure thing. He will do this at least 5 times in the first session.

Meth

Staff member
I'm prepared for more whining (and will probably do some myself) - this is a good NZ team, but Raval, the lack of a spinner, and the lack of prep in Australian conditions means we're going to struggle, I think

that's where I am too

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Boult is out the kiwis will be up against it, I don't expect him to take 9/17 off 26 overs but he's a class act. I'll be interested to see if Wagner's approach works in Australia.

The batting lineups stack up well against each other but at home we might just have the edge.

Meth

Staff member
If Boult is out the kiwis will be up against it, I don't expect him to take 9/17 off 26 overs but he's a class act. I'll be interested to see if Wagner's approach works in Australia.

The batting lineups stack up well against each other but at home we might just have the edge.

Signs aren't good for Boult. Especially not in these kinds of conditions, if there's any doubt, I think he'll give it a miss.

Timbo

Staff member
I am very keen to see how Ferguson goes with the red ball. If he clicks he could be deadly. Our batsmen haven’t had to deal with any real fire at all this summer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Already been stories in our media of the 5 times we've been denied wins by appalling umpires... some truth in that the decisions were all bad, but incredibly whiny and lame journalism...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...ing-howlers-that-cost-nz-in-transtasman-tests

I'm prepared for more whining (and will probably do some myself) - this is a good NZ team, but Raval, the lack of a spinner, and the lack of prep in Australian conditions means we're going to struggle, I think - first session will be telling, no question whether it's with bat of ball, Aust will be out of the gates like Haynetrain bursting through Wadey's bedroom door
Thats an ace from JJ straight down the line.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought Boult was going to be our biggest danger, massive loss for the Kiwis.

We should win this and win it well. Smith to ton up.

blaza88z

Coach
Should be a good game, better than the Pakistan series which I literally didn't care about after half a days play.

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner to continue bullying on flat decks, Smith to find form.

Neil Wagner to take 15 ugly wickets for the match, concede 342 runs, and once again prove cricketing ability is overrated if you have the disposition of a large, short tempered ox