What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

George Dragon

Juniors
From NRL site
St George Illawarra are set to announce the recruitment of Fiji centre Brayden Wiliame after he was released by Catalans.

Wiliame, who played 29 NRL matches for Parramatta and Manly before joining Catalans in 2017, was contracted to the Super League club until the end of next season but has not been training with the Perpignan-based team while he awaited a release to join the Dragons.

Catalans confirmed his departure on Thursday and announced he had signed with an NRL club.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Lived in the UK for the last couple of years, and been an occasional SL watcher in that time. While it's always gonna be easy (and often valid) to shit on the SL, it's not always that simple. This bloke has been solid and isn't the doomsday signing I think some think he is. Has developed a bit since he was last in the NRL and I think the time is right for him to step up again with an NRL team.

Regardless, I take it as a great sign that the club is hitting the market for centres at all. Suggests the time of at least one of Mary's prized duo is almost up

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lived in the UK for the last couple of years, and been an occasional SL watcher in that time. While it's always gonna be easy (and often valid) to shit on the SL, it's not always that simple. This bloke has been solid and isn't the doomsday signing I think some think he is. Has developed a bit since he was last in the NRL and I think the time is right for him to step up again with an NRL team.

Regardless, I take it as a great sign that the club is hitting the market for centres at all. Suggests the time of at least one of Mary's prized duo is almost up
Or are we boosting our CC side?

getsmarty

Immortal
2020 Signings Tracker: Centre set to join Dragons after release from Dragons
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Thu 12 Dec 2019, 09:14 PM

St George Illawarra are set to announce the recruitment of Fiji centre Brayden Wiliame after he was released by Catalans.

Wiliame, who played 29 NRL matches for Parramatta and Manly before joining Catalans in 2017, was contracted to the Super League club until the end of next season but has not been training with the Perpignan-based team while he awaited a release to join the Dragons.

Catalans confirmed his departure on Thursday and announced he had signed with an NRL club.

"Even though we are very disappointed that Brayden is leaving our club, he has our full support,” Catalans coach Steve McNamara said.

Meanwhile, the Eels have signed former Roosters and Knights half Brock Lamb to a two-year deal.

The 22-year-old has signed a development contract for the 2020 season and will be in Parramatta's top 30 squad for 2021.

Lamb will return to the NRL after a stint with the London Broncos in 2019.

Eels halfback Mitch Moses welcomed the competition for himself and Dylan Brown.

"Brock will be really good for us," Moses said.

"He'll give us a lot of depth and really push me and Dyl for positions so if we're not playing good footy there's nor reason why Brad shouldn't put him in.

"It keeps me and Dyl on our toes early in the pre-season, he's going to be pushing us, he's a great player. The Roosters don't sign anyone for no reason and he had that little stint at the London Broncos so he'll be good, it's exciting."

Meanwhile, Canberra junior Matt Frawley will return to the Raiders for the 2020 season on a development contract.

Frawley spent the 2019 season with Huddersfield in the UK after four NRL seasons with the Bulldogs.

Manly prop Martin Taupau has signed a new two-year deal, taking his stint at the Sea Eagles through to 2022.

Young centre Kotoni Staggs has signed a contract extension, making him a Bronco until at least the end of the 2021 season.

Staggs was already signed to the Broncos for 2020 and has chosen to extend that by another year.

The 21-year-old, who crossed for 11 tries in 24 games last season, has played 33 NRL games for the Broncos since making his debut in 2018 against the Roosters.

“To be able to get the starting spot and for [coach Anthony Seibold] to be able to rely on me, I’m grateful for that,” he said. "I come to training and I compete every day and I just love the boys and I couldn’t do it without them."

Eels veteran Michael Jennings has signed a new two-year deal with the club.

The centre, who made his NRL debut in 2007 and has represented NSW, Australia and Tonga, will play on with the Eels through to 2021.

The Rabbitohs have significant spending room under the salary cap after the NRL approved the medical retirement of Sam Burgess, meaning the remaining years of his contract will be excluded from the cap.

The NRL found Burgess's career-ending injury had occurred during the course of his current contract, meaning the club has been granted salary cap relief. The Rabbitohs are interested in signing Titans lock and Queensland forward Jai Arrow as a possible replacement for Burgess.

The Newcastle Knights have confirmed the signing of Broncos centre Gehamat Shibasaki on a three-year deal.

Shibasaki has played 13 NRL games and has represented the Junior Kangaroos and Queensland under 20s. The 21-year-old was granted a release from his Brisbane contract to join Newcastle.

St George Illawarra have re-signed young gun Zac Lomax on a new five-year extension that will keep him in the Red V through to 2025.

Lomax, who is set to start the 2020 season at fullback after spending the bulk of his NRL career in the centres, made his debut as a teenager in 2018.

The Dragons have also signed Lomax's brother Hayden to a one-year development contract extension through to 2021.

Clubs have until March 1 to name 29 players for the coming season, with the final roster spot to be filled by June 30.

Your club's contract list:
Broncos | Raiders
| Bulldogs
Sharks | Titans | Sea Eagles
Storm | Knights | Cowboys | Eels
Panthers | Rabbitohs | Dragons
Roosters | Warriors | Wests Tigers

St George Illawarra Dragons
Senior squad

Player
Contracted seasons
Euan Aitken 2020
Eddie Blacker 2020 2021
Jack de Belin 2020
Matt Dufty 2020 2021
Jackson Ford 2020
Tyson Frizell 2020
James Graham 2020
Jacob Host 2020
Ben Hunt 2020 2021 2022 PO
Josh Kerr 2020 PO
Tim Lafai 2020
Blake Lawrie 2020 2021 2022
Zachary Lomax 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025
Joe Lovodua 2020
Issac Luke 2020
Cameron McInnes 2020 2021
Trent Merrin 2020 2021
Corey Norman 2020 2021
Jonus Pearson 2020
Jordan Pereira 2020 2021
Mikaele Ravalawa 2020
Jason Saab 2020 2021 2022
Tristan Sailor 2020
Korbin Sims 2020 2021
Tariq Sims 2020 2021 2022
Paul Vaughan 2020 2021 PO
New faces
Issac Luke (Warriors), Eddie Blacker, Jackson Ford, Jason Saab (upgraded from development contracts)

Unsigned/Losses
Jeremy Latimore (retired), Gareth Widdop (Warrington), Reece Robson (Cowboys), Steven Marsters (Rabbitohs), Mitchell Allgood, Jai Field, Lachlan Maranta, Patrick Kaufusi, Darren Nicholls, Lachlan Timm (unsigned)

Development contracts

Player
Contracted seasons
Mathew Feagai 2020 2021
Max Feagai 2020 2021
Hayden Lomax 2020 2021
Joe Lovodua 2020
Shaun Sauni-Esau 2020 2021 2022
Jayden Sullivan 2020 2021 2022
Adam Clune 2020

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/04/2020-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

getsmarty

Immortal
Brayden Wiliame departs Catalans
Matthew Shaw December 12, 2019

Catalans Dragons have confirmed the departure of Brayden Wiliame as he prepares for a move to the NRL.

The outside back is set to take up a contract with St George Illawarra Dragons after Catalans confirmed his departure.

In three years with the club, he scored 30 tries in 72 appearances.

“First of all I want to thank Bernard and the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to come to the Dragons back in 2017,” he said.

“It’s been an experience I’ll cherish forever. Thank you to the members and fans for the endless support the past three years. And lastly to the players and families, thank you for making my family and I feel welcome from the start.

Steve McNamara added: “Whilst we are very disappointed that Brayden will leave our club immediately, he does so with our full support.

“We completely understand his reasons for asking for the release and the opportunity which he has in front of him for both himself and his family. Brayden will be a big loss to our team, his commitment and development as a player at Catalans has been a pleasure to see and he will always be remembered as a player who gave his all in every game. We wish him and his family well for the future.

“Our search for a replacement will begin and we will look domestically in France, England and the Southern Hemisphere for the right player.”

https://www.totalrl.com/brayden-wiliame-departs-catalans/

getsmarty

Immortal
Brayden Wiliame heads to NRL after leaving Catalans

12th December 2019 Drew Darbyshire Super League 0

Brayden-Wiliame-Catalans-RLPhotos-678x381.png

Catalans centre Brayden Wiliame has left the club immediately and is expected to join NRL side St George Illawarra Dragons.

The 26-year-old has been with the Dragons since 2017, scoring 34 tries in 77 appearances for the club.

A Fiji international, Wiliame is expected to sign for NRL outfit St George Illawarra ahead of the 2020 campaign.

Catalans coach Steve McNamara said: “Whilst we are very disappointed Brayden will leave our club immediately, he does so with our full support.

“We completely understand his reasons for asking for a release and the opportunity which he has in front of him for both himself and his family.

“Brayden will be a big loss to our team, his commitment and development as a player at Catalans has been a pleasure to see and he will always be remembered as a player who gave his all in every game. We wish him and his family well for the future.

“Our search for a replacement will begin and we will look domestically in France, England and the southern hemisphere for the right player.”

Wiliame added: “I want to thank Bernard (Guasch, chairman) and the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to come to the Dragons back in 2017.

“Its been an experience I’ll cherish forever. Thank you to the members and fans for the endless support over the past three years.

“And lastly to the players and their families, thank you for making making my family and I feel welcome from the start.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/brayden-wiliame-heads-to-nrl-after-leaving-catalans/

BLM01

First Grade
Brayden Wiliame heads to NRL after leaving Catalans

12th December 2019 Drew Darbyshire Super League 0

Brayden-Wiliame-Catalans-RLPhotos-678x381.png

Catalans centre Brayden Wiliame has left the club immediately and is expected to join NRL side St George Illawarra Dragons.

The 26-year-old has been with the Dragons since 2017, scoring 34 tries in 77 appearances for the club.

A Fiji international, Wiliame is expected to sign for NRL outfit St George Illawarra ahead of the 2020 campaign.

Catalans coach Steve McNamara said: “Whilst we are very disappointed Brayden will leave our club immediately, he does so with our full support.

“We completely understand his reasons for asking for a release and the opportunity which he has in front of him for both himself and his family.

“Brayden will be a big loss to our team, his commitment and development as a player at Catalans has been a pleasure to see and he will always be remembered as a player who gave his all in every game. We wish him and his family well for the future.

“Our search for a replacement will begin and we will look domestically in France, England and the southern hemisphere for the right player.”

Wiliame added: “I want to thank Bernard (Guasch, chairman) and the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to come to the Dragons back in 2017.

“Its been an experience I’ll cherish forever. Thank you to the members and fans for the endless support over the past three years.

“And lastly to the players and their families, thank you for making making my family and I feel welcome from the start.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/brayden-wiliame-heads-to-nrl-after-leaving-catalans/
Na...this is likely a doomsday signing...nothing that will lift us from 15th to 14th

getsmarty

Immortal
86...it reminds me too much of a Dylan Farrell or Dane Neilson signing...I am still haunted.
On the bright side surely it would be an improvement on the Maranta / Runciman dynamic duo signing for CC...or is it?

time will tell.... Be interesting to see if they have signed him as a centre or winger ?

possm

Coach
Brayden Wiliame departs Catalans
Matthew Shaw December 12, 2019

Catalans Dragons have confirmed the departure of Brayden Wiliame as he prepares for a move to the NRL.

The outside back is set to take up a contract with St George Illawarra Dragons after Catalans confirmed his departure.

In three years with the club, he scored 30 tries in 72 appearances.

“First of all I want to thank Bernard and the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to come to the Dragons back in 2017,” he said.

“It’s been an experience I’ll cherish forever. Thank you to the members and fans for the endless support the past three years. And lastly to the players and families, thank you for making my family and I feel welcome from the start.

Steve McNamara added: “Whilst we are very disappointed that Brayden will leave our club immediately, he does so with our full support.

“We completely understand his reasons for asking for the release and the opportunity which he has in front of him for both himself and his family. Brayden will be a big loss to our team, his commitment and development as a player at Catalans has been a pleasure to see and he will always be remembered as a player who gave his all in every game. We wish him and his family well for the future.

“Our search for a replacement will begin and we will look domestically in France, England and the Southern Hemisphere for the right player.”

https://www.totalrl.com/brayden-wiliame-departs-catalans/
Aitken or Lafai would be a good replacement!

possm

Coach
86...it reminds me too much of a Dylan Farrell or Dane Neilson signing...I am still haunted.
On the bright side surely it would be an improvement on the Maranta / Runciman dynamic duo signing for CC...or is it?
I see him as a direct replacement for Maranta.

BLM01

First Grade
I see him as a direct replacement for Maranta.
And no higher and not a back up for 1sts.
SSE or even the Feagai bros should be next in line behind Lomax and Hewey & Dewey (Euie & Timmy).
There are better centres from CC already just around the corner... they could have taken before him.
World wide overseas junket searches to come up with this!!!.....or is it more he is the only one that said YES
Mary... worldly attractive coach. It just keeps getting better for 2020. Cant wait for 2021 when the nightmare ends.