What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

Belta

Juniors
Dragsters comments describe Mary to a tee. [His] “Delusional denial by way of using small victories to justify horrendous errors of judgement...”

More and more after listening to successful coaches I hear them angrily voicing their dissatisfaction if their team loses or even after win where their coach finds inadequate areas of their teams performance.

Not our Mary. He takes a different stance. After an embarrassing loss you can bet he will spin some garbage like; “We won the last twenty minutes of that game.”

But worst of all no one ever calls him up on it. Me thinks Mary would make a good politician.

Dragsters

First Grade
Yes, he has all those traits and more.
All the more reason why I vent at the BOD, as last I checked he wasn't self employed.
2 extensions in a period of underperforming, whilst we sit back and watch the coaching merry go round in full force. And then we end up with the old argument " who's available " ?
Farcical.

The board may have gifted him the job to begin with, even with his lack of coaching credentials but based on:

- Imposing figure (after Price was viewed by some as insipid)

- Experienced former player

- Club legend

- Mates with directors etc.

But then to extend him once, after his shortfalls became apparent was negligent.

Only to extend him a second time, unnecessarily prematurely, just confirms the BOD's ineptitude...

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
No argument from me mate.
I would add, "Penny wise, pound stupid" ...

This thread was initially all about Williame but as the trail has grown colder and news has not been forthcoming about his signing, the conversation has turned to other matters.

Could it be that the penny at the SGI Board has dropped and Millward and co have realised that there are still good backline opportunities locally that we can pursue?- particularly at Souths if Latrell is signed and they have to offload a full back/centre/winger like Burns, Johnston, Graham, Douehi or Cory Allen to accommodate him.

I doubt that they would let SOO players like Gagai or Roberts go- but you never know.

TruSaint

Referee
This thread was initially all about Williame but as the trail has grown colder and news has not been forthcoming about his signing, the conversation has turned to other matters.

Could it be that the penny at the SGI Board has dropped and Millward and co have realised that there are still good backline opportunities locally that we can pursue?- particularly at Souths if Latrell is signed and they have to offload a full back/centre/winger like Burns, Johnston, Graham, Douehi or Cory Allen to accommodate him.

I doubt that they would let SOO players like Gagai or Roberts go- but you never know.

He has signed with us buddy.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/12/17/dragons-confirm-wiliame-signing/

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Thanks for the update TruSaint- I work till late on a Tuesday so didn't see any newspaper or other media reports on 17/12 when it was announced- it certainly came and went quickly!

Only time will tell if he's any better than what we've got- interesting to hear Millward's comments about Leilua wanting to go-the questioner pointing out that his departure freed up some cash- it was reported that Leilua's preference was to stay at the Dragons!!- if he was pushed rather than jumped to buy Williame, I'd be disappointed.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks for the update TruSaint- I work till late on a Tuesday so didn't see any newspaper or other media reports on 17/12 when it was announced- it certainly came and went quickly!

Only time will tell if he's any better than what we've got- interesting to hear Millward's comments about Leilua wanting to go-the questioner pointing out that his departure freed up some cash- it was reported that Leilua's preference was to stay at the Dragons!!- if he was pushed rather than jumped to buy Williame, I'd be disappointed.

No probs mate.

As to Luc, I am sad he is gone, but believe he wanted out. Other members may have better knowledge.
I think he is a skillful forward.

Como Connection

First Grade
Dragsters comments describe Mary to a tee. [His] “Delusional denial by way of using small victories to justify horrendous errors of judgement...”

More and more after listening to successful coaches I hear them angrily voicing their dissatisfaction if their team loses or even after win where their coach finds inadequate areas of their teams performance.

Not our Mary. He takes a different stance. After an embarrassing loss you can bet he will spin some garbage like; “We won the last twenty minutes of that game.”

But worst of all no one ever calls him up on it. Me thinks Mary would make a good politician.
A right wing one for sure!
CC

possm

Coach

I think if Souths do sign Mitchell, it will put them at number 1 favourite to win the competition and that there is no doubt in my mind that it will be Gagai who moves on.

Williame has been signed by the Dragons, see link below:

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/12/17/dragons-confirm-wiliame-signing/

blacksafake

First Grade

You are right about looking to sign one of the Souths boys.

avocado

Juniors
That Steve Masters fella would be a good signing.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The board may have gifted him the job to begin with, even with his lack of coaching credentials but based on:

- Imposing figure (after Price was viewed by some as insipid)

- Experienced former player

- Club legend

- Mates with directors etc.

But then to extend him once, after his shortfalls became apparent was negligent.

Only to extend him a second time, unnecessarily prematurely, just confirms the BOD's ineptitude...

He's no club legend...maybe an Illawarra legend...not a dragons legend

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Question...would Mary go to Hawaii if Kogarah Oval was on fire?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That Steve Masters fella would be a good signing.
Honestly with Lomax moving to 1, id happily take Marsters back. Streets ahead of Aitken and has a ready made combination with Saab, a proper right centre with a great passing game, decent speed and good build. Watch him in the 9s for Cook Islands he was lethal. I know its a different game but his skill was really on show.

Latest posts