What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Galeforce

Bench
"Souths don't play chequebook Rugby League"

Who made that naive statement other than you?

If you follow NRL , you should know ALL clubs play chequebook Rugby League, up to their salary cap,

The only teams who can say they do not play chequebook Rugby League are clubs who pay their squad far below their salary cap.

So if the more intelligent of this forum , agree that all teams play chequebook game .......the issues that remains
1) is paying wrong players over , which results in imbalances with the rest of the team . good examples are Tigers , Dogs and Titans recently , who have paid some players overs.
2) "rorting" the salary cap , by using illegal means to spend over which have been caught , like the Storm or using "cash bag" payments or "gift" which are nearly impossible to catch under current system. there are only "rorting" rumours on this method.As a rooster fan , can you think of any?

jack coburn

Juniors
Now now galeforce.
Everyone knows this is how Bennett works. Goes to clubs and buys players to win a comp.
Scabs no different to all his previous clubs. Don’t pretend that they are not trying to buy a comp

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
Who made that naive statement other than you?

If you follow NRL , you should know ALL clubs play chequebook Rugby League, up to their salary cap,

The only teams who can say they do not play chequebook Rugby League are clubs who pay their squad far below their salary cap.

So if the more intelligent of this forum , agree that all teams play chequebook game .......the issues that remains
1) is paying wrong players over , which results in imbalances with the rest of the team . good examples are Tigers , Dogs and Titans recently , who have paid some players overs.
2) "rorting" the salary cap , by using illegal means to spend over which have been caught , like the Storm or using "cash bag" payments or "gift" which are nearly impossible to catch under current system. there are only "rorting" rumours on this method.As a rooster fan , can you think of any?
...intelligent? This forum? Oh hahahahaha!

That’s why we come here.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I’d provide a link explaining the difference between a “merger” and a “joint venture”, but you seem to really struggle with links.

Okay, call it a joint venture. Further highlighting your inability to survive as your own entity :p

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I read this elsewhere. Rings true

“Poor Rorters. Lol! They don't want to release him to us but they've got fooled into spending his cap space elsewhere and they don't want to keep paying his wages for this year for negative value to them (ie scoring tries against them!).

Poor petals ...:p

Galeforce

Bench
Because we were a financial powerhouse and genuine contenders for the premiership and you were a shit team with no money on the verge of being expelled from the competition

hahaha

you ignore Saints took the advantage to absorb Illawarra steelers , take their juniors, get future funding from the their club , use their home ground which is better than Jubllee and ALSO take the money that NRL was offering to any clubs that merged. You call taking advantage of Illawarra and taking the NRL's money at the cost of selling some of your clubs soul , NOBLE. Good on you.

Yes , Souths took the route of refusing to take the NRL's money , even though they were in a period of being cash strapped in order to keep their tradition , which is the NRL' s best , alive. You ignore that. so sad for you.

YES , Souths were kicked out . By idiots who did not understand the roots of the game . By idiots who ignored the "great stories" of teams going through cycle of strength and weakness , and chose to ignore Souths strong periods and kicked them out when they were going through a weak patch.

Go forward to now .........and read some of the folks accusing Souths of playing "chequebook" , does that mean Souths are a powerhouse now? Souths received NO additional funding from the NRL.

I am proud that Souths stood their ground , even if it meant getting kicked out by the dopes.As for Saints , I see little noble in their act, I see them just taking an advantage over Illawarra Steelers in a onesided merge and taking the NRL merger money.

I see a more truer attempt at a merge from Balmain Tigers and West Suburbs magpies.

MugaB

Coach
hahaha

you ignore Saints took the advantage to absorb Illawarra steelers , take their juniors, get future funding from the their club , use their home ground which is better than Jubllee and ALSO take the money that NRL was offering to any clubs that merged. You call taking advantage of Illawarra and taking the NRL's money at the cost of selling some of your clubs soul , NOBLE. Good on you.

Yes , Souths took the route of refusing to take the NRL's money , even though they were in a period of being cash strapped in order to keep their tradition , which is the NRL' s best , alive. You ignore that. so sad for you.

YES , Souths were kicked out . By idiots who did not understand the roots of the game . By idiots who ignored the "great stories" of teams going through cycle of strength and weakness , and chose to ignore Souths strong periods and kicked them out when they were going through a weak patch.

Go forward to now .........and read some of the folks accusing Souths of playing "chequebook" , does that mean Souths are a powerhouse now? Souths received NO additional funding from the NRL.

I am proud that Souths stood their ground , even if it meant getting kicked out by the dopes.As for Saints , I see little noble in their act, I see them just taking an advantage over Illawarra Steelers in a onesided merge and taking the NRL merger money.

I see a more truer attempt at a merge from Balmain Tigers and West Suburbs magpies.
Balmain and Wests merger is a joke, when was the last time they had a balmain style gold jersey even as an away strip, a decade at least, at least Stmerger has a full red strip for the Illawarra in their away in some capacity, as for easts, they shouldve merged with norths or balmain back in 2000s, the club might have been more of a powerhouse

TheDalek079

Bench
hahaha

Lol. Some major rewriting of history there. Dragons did a terrific thing by joining forces with the Steelers. There's no need to spread your anti-dragon propaganda to try to diminish what they sacrificed. Shame on you, dirty old souffs fan

Galeforce

Bench
Lol. Some major rewriting of history there. Dragons did a terrific thing by joining forces with the Steelers. There's no need to spread your anti-dragon propaganda to try to diminish what they sacrificed. Shame on you, dirty old souffs fan

oops , I must have hit a nerve.

I see no correction of any of my points from you.
As for propaganda , I could not care less about the Dragons and would not bother to reply to any posts of them , except when someone uses their OWN Propaganda to compare Saints actions to Souths.You started it , I responded with my understanding of the facts..........if they are not true , please feel free to respond to each of my points on the Dragon Steeler merger.

If you do not or cannot , just means I hit the mark. Your nothing statement quoted above , is just that , nothing.

jack coburn

Juniors
Gee Souths fans a bit touchy on being called out for trying to buy another comp. win again next year and what will that make it. 21 times you’ve actually won by playing against another team.

TheDalek079

Bench
oops , I must have hit a nerve.

I see no correction of any of my points from you.
As for propaganda , I could not care less about the Dragons and would not bother to reply to any posts of them , except when someone uses their OWN Propaganda to compare Saints actions to Souths.You started it , I responded with my understanding of the facts..........if they are not true , please feel free to respond to each of my points on the Dragon Steeler merger.

If you do not or cannot , just means I hit the mark. Your nothing statement quoted above , is just that , nothing.

Dragons merged to help protect the Steelers. They did not do it to get a cool stadium or a leagues club or more juniors. Heck, souffs fans are the only ones who care about Junior numbers. Just because your grubby club only acts in their own self-interest doesn't mean that other clubs do too. Easts refused to join super league to help save the ARL. Dragons merged to save the Steelers.

Tiger5150

Bench
Dragons merged to help protect the Steelers. They did not do it to get a cool stadium or a leagues club or more juniors. Heck, souffs fans are the only ones who care about Junior numbers. Just because your grubby club only acts in their own self-interest doesn't mean that other clubs do too. Easts refused to join super league to help save the ARL. Dragons merged to save the Steelers.

Souffs are a drain on their juniors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dragons seem to be struggling as a joint venture, I’d hate to see what state they’d be in if still stand alone.,

simmo05

Bench
No, just 75% sold out to Peter Homes A Court and Rutsy (with PHA share having been re-sold a few rimes since iirc).
Haha and their fans seem to forget how shit their club was before they had some rich merkin take pity. If only the tigers rich merkin would take pity, he has that much money he could make pha and Crowe suck his dick

Latest posts