What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Is today the last day of the Carlingford train line service?
I had a mate who lived in Dundas Valley and they backed on to the train line. On random weekends there used to be a steam train and it’s whistle used to resonate through the valley. I never went on it FFS.

chiefy1

Juniors
North_Queensland_Stadium_2019_view.jpg

ENTERTAINMENT/HOSPITALITY/SPORT/VENUES
North Queensland’s stadium was today officially named the Queensland Country Bank Stadium after the Queensland Country Credit Union signed a six-year naming rights partnership with the venue.

Now thats a tongue twister

Eelogical

Referee
I had a mate who lived in Dundas Valley and they backed on to the train line. On random weekends there used to be a steam train and it’s whistle used to resonate through the valley. I never went on it FFS.
I used to live half way between Rydalmere and Dundas Stn, one street away from the line. They used to run the rail motor up the line as the last train of the night.

Eelogical

Referee
Light Rail (trams)
Westmead to Carlingford via Church street, Parramatta.
See Striders link above.
So, does that mean that Rosehill will still be functioning as a train line for the punters? I suppose I should do some digging myself for info, eh?

Suitman

Post Whore
So, does that mean that Rosehill will still be functioning as a train line for the punters? I suppose I should do some digging myself for info, eh?

Nope. Camellia to Clyde being shut down.
There'll be a light rail stop at Camellia for Rosehill Racecourse.

Gronk

Staff member
Some memories here...

Straight out of school and doing a part time work/study thing I’d catch the red rattler into the city. On hot days you’d stand near the open manual doors to catch the breeze. Often I would drive to Epping instead of going the slow Carlingford / Clyde way. Standing by the open doors as you crossed the iron bridge between Meadowbank and Rhodes was a thrill. Unfortunately the skunk smell of Rhodes would stay in your nostrils until you got to Strathfield where the fresh baked smell from Arnotts biscuits would take over.

Suitman

Post Whore
Some memories here...

Indeed there were some memories there. Bit sad to see that video. Phil @ Sydney Trains Vlogs does really well in this department.

I'm actually really disappointed I didn't check it out on Saturday. I spent my childhood catching trains from either Dundas or Telopea. I lived a half way walk between them both. Dundas was the preferred choice so I didn't have to walk up that hill to Telopea. It was a bugger of a walk. Dundas however, was more level and through walkways and across parks.

It's a shame I didn't take my kids on Saturday and give them an experience on the red rattler. It was exciting being able to hang out open doors in those days, safely of course. It was a real thrill doing it while going through the City Circle, looking ahead up along the tunnels.

Anyway, thanks for posting that link Eelo.
Great memories.

Eelogical

Referee
Indeed there were some memories there. Bit sad to see that video. Phil @ Sydney Trains Vlogs does really well in this department.

I'm actually really disappointed I didn't check it out on Saturday. I spent my childhood catching trains from either Dundas or Telopea. I lived a half way walk between them both. Dundas was the preferred choice so I didn't have to walk up that hill to Telopea. It was a bugger of a walk. Dundas however, was more level and through walkways and across parks.

It's a shame I didn't take my kids on Saturday and give them an experience on the red rattler. It was exciting being able to hang out open doors in those days, safely of course. It was a real thrill doing it while going through the City Circle, looking ahead up along the tunnels.

Anyway, thanks for posting that link Eelo.
Great memories.
It's all good Suity. Time changes everything.