What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does the WorkCover 85% work??

kdalymc

Bench
hey all,
so im on work cover, they have told me they are paying 85% of my wage.
now, any money is a bonus, but i just wanna make sure ive got my head around this.

she told me they just take an average, then go 85% of that -time worked divided my money earned, however how does approved leave without pay come into this?

ie i work for around 3 months, had quite a bit of time off, and they have incorporated this into my time at work, so when you take what im getting paid now and find out what it would be at 100%, its less that any pay check ive ever had..

ie2
im getting paid $986 a week, a full 100% would be $1160, but my lowest pay check was around $1300...

should they not take into account the approved leave without pay as it skews the average wage???

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
my understanding is that it’s just 85% of your previous years income divided by 52. If you’ve been there less than a year then it’s divided by the number of weeks you were employed.
Not 100% sure on leave without pay, but as you were technically still employed I’d say that time is included so probably lowers your weekly average.

I spent nearly 9 months on workcover after injuring a shoulder a few years ago but didn’t have leave without pay so no specific experience of that.

simmo05

Bench
A
my understanding is that it’s just 85% of your previous years income divided by 52. If you’ve been there less than a year then it’s divided by the number of weeks you were employed.
Not 100% sure on leave without pay, but as you were technically still employed I’d say that time is included so probably lowers your weekly average.

I spent nearly 9 months on workcover after injuring a shoulder a few years ago but didn’t have leave without pay so no specific experience of that.
Is it capped too?

Latest posts